Reign E+ 2022

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
hi guys, I'm arguing with the Fox Factory 38 of E + 0 I can't find a good setup, my hands and arms hurt, it's hard, Do you have any advice on a good set-up? weight 90kg with backpack and clothing
I hope it doesn't have any problems, you don't even hear the clicks of the low speed compression when turning the knob
Some of them need some additional loving, this might be your problem :

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
Hi everyone, now that Specialized has blocked Blevo I'm looking for an alternative to the Gen3 and this New Reign 2021 looks interesting. Online I found something, but not much on the top of the range E+ Mullet 29 + 27.5 new SyncDrive Pro² motor (powered by Yamaha), 85 Nm, EnergyPak Smart Integrated 740 WH, compatible with EnergyPak Plus etc ... still officially presented, but many sites have now published the characteristics, only the official photos are missing, but a photo has also been released.

View attachment 65932
If you are unhappy with BLEvo being blocked you will be furious when you get this Giant bike. Very few parameters are published via BLE and ANT, the fields that are published have incorrect data, the app needs an internet connection, and more. I have a 2021 trance and 2021 Levo. Even without BLEvo the Levo has much more info and a functional App. Giant had some computer geeks develop their app in their offices. This not only affects the ride info but also the ride control parameters. You can’t adjust engine settings unless you are on the internet.

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
[QUOTE = "Zimmerframe, publicación: 363083, miembro: 4350"]
Algunos de ellos necesitan un poco de cariño adicional, este podría ser tu problema:

[URL despliegue = "true"] Fox 38 ¿Dureza? - Foros de EMTB [/ URL]
[QUOTE = "Zimmerframe, publicación: 363083, miembro: 4350"]
Algunos de ellos necesitan un poco de cariño adicional, este podría ser tu problema:

[URL despliegue = "true"] Fox 38 ¿Dureza? - Foros de EMTB [/ URL]
[/ CITA]

92 psi, compresión en alto y bajo abierto todo el camino, y rebote en alto 4 clics abierto y rebote en bajo abierto 7 clics.
presión de los neumáticos delanteros a 1,2 bar

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
i wonder if Rob is either busy with the holidays, or has had problems with his Reign. maybe not enough time to evaluate it yet and produce a video.

Also beginning to wonder about that. Probably just the holidays but hopefully get a full review even it has had problems.

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
Was talking to a pal who runs a bike shop albeit not a Giant agent. Had very little positive to say about Giant/Yamaha and their proprietary software. At least with Bosch and Shimano you can get them looked at almost anywhere.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
i wonder if Rob is either busy with the holidays, or has had problems with his Reign. maybe not enough time to evaluate it yet and produce a video.
It got a mention the other day in another video :

Rob's youtube awards - link to Reign

Unless it's just an "Introduction to" video, he seems to like to spend a few weeks riding them to get the full feel for things and not jump to conclusions in a couple of rides and it also takes time to get some decent footage - you might sometimes have to go out and shoot again if it's not come out how you wanted. It then takes a huge amount of time to edit a video together even for just a few minutes of eventual footage.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Was talking to a pal who runs a bike shop albeit not a Giant agent. Had very little positive to say about Giant/Yamaha and their proprietary software. At least with Bosch and Shimano you can get them looked at almost anywhere.
In all the years Yamaha have partnered with giant, no one has really had an issue with the motor. Yes the software should be better at this stage in the game but really, once it’s set up to the way you like it who gives a monkeys? Especially if you can integrate garmin to get more out of it etc. There are independent Giant shops country wide that will offer support when needed which is more than I got with my cube or Wiggle sourced Vitus previously.

What I really hoped they would have sorted by now is the water ingress issues. We haven’t really heard of any 2022’s with serious issues (yet) but there really isn’t any excuses for getting that wrong now. Fingers crossed

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Some of them need some additional loving, this might be your problem :

For forks with Grip 2 cartridges and on X2 shocks, start with HSC/LSC wide open and go from there. Rebound and sag to spec.

Thanks, I read everything a few nights ago and today I tried.
90 kg Fork 110 psi all compressions open and only 1 token, rather open rebounds, now I'm happy! Same for X2!!! (230 psi no one token inside now)

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
If you are unhappy with BLEvo being blocked you will be furious when you get this Giant bike.

I've had the bike for a month and a half and I'm very happy, I don't regret Specialized.
I was used to Blevo, it was a really important plus to decide to buy such an expensive bike ... I waited for the Lrevo Pro from April to August and it didn't arrive, in the meantime whoever received it discovered that Blevo didn't work with Gen3 . If I have to spend that much and have this very important feature less, then ... Canceled order and got this Giant :love:

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Thanks, I read everything a few nights ago and today I tried.
90 kg Fork 110 psi all compressions open and only 1 token, rather open rebounds, now I'm happy! Same for X2!!! (230 psi no one token inside now)
I think I need to check how many tokens are inside my 38 as it’s way too harsh. I just assumed it came with no tokens in it like my 36 did.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You'd think there would be a "spec"/"build" sheet with each bike saying what's in it, either zip tied to the fork/shock/bike ..

This isn't Giant specific, generally everyone's the same.

Yes, you could argue, just open her up and have a look .. but not everyone wants to, or would like to know without having to investigate.

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
I've had the bike for a month and a half and I'm very happy, I don't regret Specialized.
I was used to Blevo, it was a really important plus to decide to buy such an expensive bike ... I waited for the Lrevo Pro from April to August and it didn't arrive, in the meantime whoever received it discovered that Blevo didn't work with Gen3 . If I have to spend that much and have this very important feature less, then ... Canceled order and got this Giant :love:
I alternate on the same ride between the Levo and the Trance. I own both so I ask guest rider to switch. The trance suspension with a zeb is really nice. Specialized seems smoother motor integration. Hard to figure out the winner. Maybe all of the feedback on the Giant app will get some attention. No doubt the Giant is a Big Bang for the buck. Wish they brought forward the data to the rider via the app.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy

8585.jpg

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
Aún más ? Sé que se ve muy mal, pero la pantalla de Giant da mucha información útil y el reloj es mi navegador y en mi muñeca ya tengo dos rotos,
No me molesto en disfrutar de la ebike y disfrutar.
No dejes que los árboles cubran el sol

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
hi guys, I'm arguing with the Fox Factory 38 of E + 0 I can't find a good setup, my hands and arms hurt, it's hard, Do you have any advice on a good set-up? weight 90kg with backpack and clothing
I hope it doesn't have any problems, you don't even hear the clicks of the low speed compression when turning the knob

I weigh about 76kg without gear probably 81kg with my gear, light tools and 3L water and run 90 psi.

HSC is 4 clicks open from fully closed;
LSC is 3 clicks from fully closed (lots of LSC);
HSR is 4 clicks open from fully closed; and
LSC is 6 clicks open from fully closed.

Haven't fine-tuned the rebound, but also haven't really felt the need to yet. I've slammed into a lot of rocks and even burped the front wheel on one occasion with the suspension feeling composed, so I'd say it's working pretty well?

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Yeah it did, hadn't really thought about it until you pointed it out. Looking at the specs on the giant site it should come with a dpx2. Will have to ask the lbs to see why it's different. Haven't used fox shocks in the past so not sure on the differences between them.

My XL came with a DPX2 in Canada, but it's really a question luck as some of the sizes have Float X equipped.

Honestly I'm not sure anyone would be able to tell the difference between the two shocks, but for heavy riders like me it's really frustrating to pump the DPX2 to 300psi before every ride when the Float X would be able to hold the same sag at 250-260psi+-

I still find the feeling of my DPX2 to be awesome, that rear suspension is plush and small bump sensitivity is on point.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles