Reign E+ 2022

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
There is a little spacer that goes in there, if you flip the chip and it drops out that’s the only way i see it rubbing
No, thats not the root cause.
My Bike is affected too. Washers are 2,9mm wide but rocker and rear triangle are rubbing against each other.
Already claimed it at LBS and there are more people out there that suffer the same problem.

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
Yeah I'm keen to know if this is going to be an upgrade, or side-grade, from my upgraded Rail 7. It seems like Bosch may still be the go for motors, so maybe I'll just sus out a new fork for my baby :)

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
The only issue I have with this bike is not enough time to ride it. Absolutely no issues from a fantastic value bike.
IMG_4887.JPG

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
Thank you Seo. I will contact RideWrap to see if they will offer a small in the future.

Here are pictures of my E2 small (1st picture) and my brother's medium E2 (2nd picture ). You guys may be interested to know that there are some subtle differences not just to the size. Mine was manufactured 1 month later in August 2021 (vs July 2021). The changes are that mine has a small plastic spoiler surrounding the battery cover thumb screw, and his has 2 holes on the upper side of the down tube and rubber covers to fill them. I have the DPX2 shock and he has the Float X shock. Lastly, I get a smaller charger brick.

View attachment 79911 View attachment 79912
i would suggest against doing ridewrap. imo it is not a good product. there is not enough adhesive in it to stick properly. i spent several wasted hours on it, only to have most the edges not stick down and have to pull nearly all the pieces off.

this product is 100 times easier to install. you can get major areas of your bike done in an hour with no frustration and much less cost

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Yeah I'm keen to know if this is going to be an upgrade, or side-grade, from my upgraded Rail 7. It seems like Bosch may still be the go for motors, so maybe I'll just sus out a new fork for my baby :)
I have the Rail 7 with a 170mm Zeb and the Reign E+1. I have 6000km on the Rail and 500km on the Giant so definitely a novice on the Giant. I consider the Giant a side-grade. The Giant is definitely more confident downhill on steep gnarly stuff but its not night and day different to me. Noticeable but not a game changer. What is nice is not getting your ass buzzed on that steep gnarly downhill by the 29" rear.

Motor-wise, personally I prefer the Bosch and all the fancy stuff that it does in Emtb mode on super tech steep climbs. That is not a view shared by everyone so if you can get a test ride that would be the best and you can make your own mind up based on the feeling that you like. I would say the way the motors do their thing and the feeling they offer is very different. Both motors are excellent they just have a different approach.

Other things that I like about the Giant over the Trek are, the ability to tweak the power settings and having more increments. This is nice when I ride with my wife. She rides everywhere in Turbo. In Eco I cant always keep with her but in Tour I feel like im doing nothing.
Garmin integration is nice and helps with training if you are into that
My Trek has creaked everywhere forever. The Giant is comparatively silent (for now)
If I had to keep just one and they were the same age I would struggle with the choice.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I have the Rail 7 with a 170mm Zeb and the Reign E+1. I have 6000km on the Rail and 500km on the Giant so definitely a novice on the Giant. I consider the Giant a side-grade. The Giant is definitely more confident downhill on steep gnarly stuff but its not night and day different to me. Noticeable but not a game changer. What is nice is not getting your ass buzzed on that steep gnarly downhill by the 29" rear.

Motor-wise, personally I prefer the Bosch and all the fancy stuff that it does in Emtb mode on super tech steep climbs. That is not a view shared by everyone so if you can get a test ride that would be the best and you can make your own mind up based on the feeling that you like. I would say the way the motors do their thing and the feeling they offer is very different. Both motors are excellent they just have a different approach.

Other things that I like about the Giant over the Trek are, the ability to tweak the power settings and having more increments. This is nice when I ride with my wife. She rides everywhere in Turbo. In Eco I cant always keep with her but in Tour I feel like im doing nothing.
Garmin integration is nice and helps with training if you are into that
My Trek has creaked everywhere forever. The Giant is comparatively silent (for now)
If I had to keep just one and they were the same age I would struggle with the choice.
Thanks for the good & honest analysis. Any words on handling tight switchbacks and general fun factor?

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
I received my E+2 today :D

Quick first impressions from riding back and forth on an icy street. Compared to my Kenevo, the motor feels more like Shimano than Brose. It sure isn't as punchy as Brose, but it does engage and disengage very quickly which is super nice. Not as quiet as Brose. The bike itself is quiet. The remote control is very discreet but the "buttons" are really small and lack positive feedback, especially with gloves on.

Mine came with DPX2 shock. Bike is size XL, 29er front wheel looks big, and stack feels quite high (I've been riding 27.5" only for the last couple of years) so it will take some time for me to adapt.

First time I connected the RideControl app with the bike, it wanted to do couple of updates. Both installed quickly without any problems.

I'm really looking forward to get some proper riding this weekend.

Giant.jpg

Last edited:

kadlefkas

Nov 9, 2021
greece
I leave you a video going down in different type of RockGardens, from fast to more inclined and steeper. the reign e+ gives a lot of confident. Every day i feel better with the bike.

what wheel you running on the rear? i already bent two whells, the stock and the mavic e-deemax .the funny think is that im running a tyre insert .

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
what wheel you running on the rear? i already bent two whells, the stock and the mavic e-deemax .the funny think is that im running a tyre insert .

I running the stock wheels.
I blend the rear the first week, but i repair them and put a mousse (only rear).
At the moment doesn't have any issue more and the bike have 1000km.
I run in 23psi front 27psi back and weigth a little less than 90kg.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles