rear shock setup help please.

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
good evening everyone,

Ive had my rail for just over a month now and am struggling to get the rear shock dialed in. its the standard RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3 thrushaft on the rail 9.8 has anyone got a PSI chart for weight as im on the heavy side 105-108KG geared up, and cant get the sag close to 20% also does anyone else have this almost pressureless sag at the very top of the shock for about the first 7ish% no matter what psi I put in this doesnt change at all. My previous bikes all had fox shocks and I never had any problems dialing them in to how I wanted them. this one just seems to be getting the better of me!

thanks in advance.

Pas2_77

Dec 30, 2020
FI
Have You used Trek suspension calculator from Trek's webpage? Choose The bike U got, add your weight with your gear on and it tells roughly how many PSI, clicks etc for You...

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
Have You used Trek suspension calculator from Trek's webpage? Choose The bike U got, add your weight with your gear on and it tells roughly how many PSI, clicks etc for You...

thanks! what an idiot I am.... I was trying the rockshocks website and thats got no info for set up on there just a complete service manual, so i can now dismantal the entire shock but couldnt set it up!

thanks for your help.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
i'm 100kg kitted, trek suggests 265 psi, i'm at 310 psi for 30% sag. I never use all travel on drops (2ft ish??) probs about 15mm left of stroke, shock is 230x57.5. is there a bottomless token fitted stock?? should i remove it??

neiloxford

Jul 8, 2020
UK
I would try it at 265 psi and take it out for a couple of hours. Take the pump just in case you need to add a little.

I followed what Trek suggested and not touched it since.

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
I am 130kg and I was solving shocks also. I ended at RockShox Zeb 170 at front and rear shock is now Fox DHX2 with 700lb coil. I also tested airshock Fox DPX2, but that has been just on limit (350psi) for me. Because my weight I changed rims to carbon one - Bontrager Line Pro 40.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles