Trek rail rear shock upgrade ideas please

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
I agree with comments already made that the piggyback on that Mara looks way too long to fit an aluminum Rail.

Manitou make 2 lengths of piggyback thinggy with the longer on 'Rail sized dampers (although can be bought aftermarket and aparently easily swapped :unsure:

Manitou are having a sale (on their website) so lots of heavily discounted prices.....

^^ Usefull IF you live in USA / Canada but not so good in the UK as wont ship :rolleyes:

Rich.

stefino

Apr 9, 2024
rimini
After several short landings, unexpectedly, I found no sign of impact between the shock absorber and the frame. The bike is a 2022 rail5 size L and the shock absorber is a
Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T Debonair (no Trunion) 2023 wheelbase 230 mm stroke 57.5 mm

trek 1.jpg trek 2.jpg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
After several short landings, unexpectedly, I found no sign of impact between the shock absorber and the frame. The bike is a 2022 rail5 size L and the shock absorber is a
Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T Debonair (no Trunion) 2023 wheelbase 230 mm stroke 57.5 mm

View attachment 138096 View attachment 138099
If it was me I would let all the air out of the shock to be sure that the reservoir does not hit the downtube. Easily checked.

JoeSepi

Apr 11, 2024
Surrey
Fitted a Cane Creek DB Tigon - Standard 230 x 57.5 to my Trek Rail 9.8 , smart system 750, size M, MY 2022, fits great. Interesting shock as it has a coil and also an air shock feature to add progression and bottom out protection.

IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_4017.jpeg

SandroRiz

Sep 6, 2022
Italy
Fitted a Cane Creek DB Tigon - Standard 230 x 57.5 to my Trek Rail 9.8 , smart system 750, size M, MY 2022, fits great. Interesting shock as it has a coil and also an air shock feature to add progression and bottom out protection.

I see, if I'm not wrong, a fidlock bottle cage.. does the standard one not fit?
With this, can you have 500ml bottle or less ?
Thank you

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I see, if I'm not wrong, a fidlock bottle cage.. does the standard one not fit?
With this, can you have 500ml bottle or less ?
Thank you
(2022 Trek Rail Alloy Large). With an Ohlins TTX22m.2 coil shock the largest bottle I can carry is 600ml and had to modify a bottle carrier to as high in the frame as possible to prevent the top of the shock hitting the bottom of the bottle.

Last edited:

SandroRiz

Sep 6, 2022
Italy
(2022 Trek Rail Alloy Large). With an Ohlins TTX22m.2 coil shock the largest bottle I can carry is 600ml and had to modify a bottle carrier to as high in the frame as possible to prevent the top of the shock hitting the bottom of the bottle.

Thanks Irie... I asked Josepi because I have a M size too...

until now, for my knowledges, on the M only the EXT e-storia (see my post here) is compliant wuth the standard cage (500ml)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles