Powerplay - software update 2024

dhjunkie

Apr 9, 2024
Bratislava
Hi guys,

just to let you know that Rocky Mountain has a new software update for the 22+ Powerplay models. Update is available since 12/2023 based on the info from my local RM dealer.
Haven´t found any details on the update, but I saw the Jumbotron display gets new form of info displayed and for me this is actually exactly what and how I want to see on the display.

Will be going to my local dealer to get the update. Will inform you afterwards what are the other changes.
*EDIT - official info from Rocky Mountain dealer regarding update:
Battery Firmware: Prevents excessive power consumption when the bike or battery is stored for more than 30 days without recharging, reducing the risk of cell damage.

Motor Firmware: Updates the parameters of the anti-lock torque sensor function, which generates error code 157 when triggered.
Jumbotron Firmware: Reduces the likelihood of error 199 and overheating warnings that can occur during heavy use. We have increased the temperature threshold at which the warning occurs from 75°C to 80°C and changed the wording of the warning on the screen to be less alarming as there is no need to stop driving.
The updates also add two new features for a better driving experience:
More accurate speed and cadence display updates
Displaying the selected level of assistance in the Jumbotron's assistance level display

*sorry for the resolution, only a screenshot from Instagram ;) Screenshot_20240416_093907_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles