Power tube battery getting stuck

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Hi guys, any ideas on the solution in getting a Bosch power tube out of a bike, mine has become stuck and it looks like a warranty job. The battery does come out if you apply brute force. Of course this shouldn’t happen at all. Thoughts?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The lock barrel can get a bit sticky, and there is a spring loaded sliding mechanism where the battery clips into place that can get sticky, a bit of silicone lube on this can help things along.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
The lock barrel can get a bit sticky, and there is a spring loaded sliding mechanism where the battery clips into place that can get sticky, a bit of silicone lube on this can help things along.
We covered it in lube and it’s still sticks, to the point where you break you finger nails trying to get it out

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

Try this hack……might give you a bit more to hang on too when removing the battery

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk

Try this hack……might give you a bit more to hang on too when removing the battery
Alas, my battery attaches differently to that picture.

RickDale

Aug 24, 2023
Queeny, Bradford
Just had the same issue on my new Hai bike which is only 6 months old. This has a powertube 500w battery with boshe performace drive. Could not get the battery out initially, tried wiggling the key and battery like suggested. Felt like the battery was releasing slightly but would not fully pop out. Got it out eventually by turning the key while standing over the bike & pulling the key upwards towards the seat (not too much pressure). This then popped the battery out. Now I had the battery out I could feel the key barrel was loose, this is held in by 2 bolts which can be tightens with a T15 driver. Assume these bolts had rattled loose while biking. Please find pics attached. When checking the bike over also found the bolts holding the disc's on where loose, I suggest anybody with a Hai bike to check all the nuts and bolts are tight ;)

IMG_2586.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles