Dropper post stuck up !!!

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
I went for only my second ride in a long while yesterday ( waiting for broken ribs to heal ) . It was wonderful !!! I still can't really understand how going for a bike ride makes me feel so flippin good.
Anyway , towards the end of the ride . my dropper post ceased to function. Stuck up !! I think it is an X Fusion. Any ideas how I may remedy this??
Thank in advance for any help given.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
If its stuck up it might be the cable or the hydraulic line that actuates the post is not working. Is there normal pressure at the lever? If it is cable, it may just need to be tightened.

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
If its stuck up it might be the cable or the hydraulic line that actuates the post is not working. Is there normal pressure at the lever? If it is cable, it may just need to be tightened.
It's a new bike , so maybe it is
A stretched cable. I'll try to tighten it. Thanks for your help.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I went for only my second ride in a long while yesterday ( waiting for broken ribs to heal )

I was wondering why you hadn't been out, was about to drop you a PM with some links to waterproof's :)

I missed this one somehow ..

In the pub (on the sick from work and pissed) , because of the broken ribs which are preventing you from riding your bike because you fell off the flippin thing due to your own flippin incompetence ?

Senescence ? ??

In your defence, I think it's pretty rare that anyone has fallen off their bike because of their competence ! :)

I guess you're healing well if you're out ! A broken rib wasn't enough to make me invest in body armour. A fractured pelvis was the push I needed :)

I'd agree with everyone else on your dropper post, probably cable stretch, if you're lucky, there's an adjuster on the lever ? If not then you'll have to adjust with the grub screw etc.

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Ta mate ! I think that is the most likely problem

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
I was wondering why you hadn't been out, was about to drop you a PM with some links to waterproof's :)

I missed this one somehow ..

In your defence, I think it's pretty rare that anyone has fallen off their bike because of their competence ! :)

I guess you're healing well if you're out ! A broken rib wasn't enough to make me invest in body armour. A fractured pelvis was the push I needed :)

I'd agree with everyone else on your dropper post, probably cable stretch, if you're lucky, there's an adjuster on the lever ? If not then you'll have to adjust with the grub screw etc.
Ta Zim ! I was going to have a go at you for your lack of Kudos regarding my wonderful achievements

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Thanks mate, I think it's cable . I'll try to adjust it . Thanks again..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Are you talking to yourself again ??? :) :unsure::D

john.png

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Ta mate , I'll try that

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It should really be called anti-social media.

Under EU law , it's only social media if everyone using the forum is also drinking a ? at the same time..

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
It should really be called anti-social media.

Under EU law , it's only social media if everyone using the forum is also drinking a ? at the same time..
I tend to avoid beer combined with social media. I talk too much shite when I'm sober ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles