Help needed on dropper post install

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Hi I’m in need of a bit help regarding the install of a dropper post on my wife’s ktm lycan. I’ve checked the web out and can find nothing on how to install a dropper post.
I’d prefer to fit a reverb stealth if possible
If the task is not too labour intense.
Or it may have to be a standard reverb.
Any help would be appreciated cheers

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
is the cable internal or external? if external you cant fit a stealth post, if internal you have to get the cable through the frame and if its a reverb you will need to remove the drop lever and probably do a bleed when you put it back on

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
Which bike is it exactly? On the current FS it goes through the top tube as the saddle tube is cut for the rear shock.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
is the cable internal or external? if external you cant fit a stealth post, if internal you have to get the cable through the frame and if its a reverb you will need to remove the drop lever and probably do a bleed when you put it back on
Thanks Dave I know about the bleed and set up as I’ve got the stealth reverb on my Levo which I might add was easy to install , I’m struggling with the internally routing on the ktm, I can’t find any info on this on the net how to do this.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
far as I can see from pictures it is as @eFat says routing looks to be in the top tube but I wouldnt think that would be any more difficult to fit than if it were in the down tube,

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
There is no way to go down with the shock.
271.jpg

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Thanks guys do you see my problem the cable in the stealth in theory would drop where the shocker is , but the cable would be out of the top tube.?

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
You have already bought the Stealth? Any possibility to exchange it for the other version? It will not work here.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
You have already bought the Stealth? Any possibility to exchange it for the other version? It will not work here.
No matey thankfully I’ve not purchased any yet , so it’s back to the drawing board ??

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
have a look at the brand x ones on chainreaction they are cheap, work really well and they do a non stealth version

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
KTM uses the KS LEV DX 100mm so it would be a safe bet. (I have one in 150mm and it works well)

You should measure the max possible length in the tube to see which model can fit.

RichP

Jul 15, 2018
Chesterfield
have a look at the brand x ones on chainreaction they are cheap, work really well and they do a non stealth version
Agreed there, best dropper I’ve owned, and I’ve had Reverbs and Giant std droppers. At half the price of a Reverb, without any of the bleeding faf, its a no brainier for me!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles