Poll: Warranty Issues

Have you had issues with your Specialized?

• Total voters

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Let's try and get some tallies here folks!

*Added field for Misc Part issues, please try and keep failures that would be considered part of normal MTB wear and tear off the list if you can.

Last edited:

dygit

Oct 23, 2019
Island of Hawaii
You should have a third “ yes, other issues”. The front wheel on my base 19 Levo was replaced under warranty recently. Was making a clicking sound - might have been a bad wheel bearing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is it me or is the poll faulty ?? :)

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 08.39.24.png

Multiple votes are allowed, so 26 voters making 28 votes...

But the Percentage values surely should add up to 100% ? It doesn't - they're using a mix of the total votes and the total voters variables in the calculation.

Only a specialized poll could have an unfortunate technical problem ! :ROFLMAO:

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I haven't voted in the poll, but my brand new 2020 expert had to go back to the shop after a day due to an issue with the front brake, but they're swapping them for some Shimano XTR for the inconvenience.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
You should have a third “ yes, other issues”. The front wheel on my base 19 Levo was replaced under warranty recently. Was making a clicking sound - might have been a bad wheel bearing.

I was thinking of adding an option for "misc" but I wanted to try and keep oddball premature wear and tear items off from affecting the results but Should I add the option? I myself had a lyrik select dead on arrival on my 2020.

So far motor replacement % is a bit alarming.

dygit

Oct 23, 2019
Island of Hawaii
I was thinking of adding an option for "misc" but I wanted to try and keep oddball premature wear and tear items off from affecting the results but Should I add the option? I myself had a lyrik select dead on arrival on my 2020.

So far motor replacement % is a bit alarming.
Would be a good idea to add. I didn’t want to vote as the options presented did not cover my issue....

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
2 issues on my 2020. Twisted saddle, specialized authorised a replacement within 2 days from a photo. Faulty compression on the Lyrik, fork sorted and returned by SRAM in about a week. Excellent service from LBS, Bicycle chain, in Taunton. So glad I bought local.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I appreciate it can be difficult to set up a questionnaire but if the point of this is to identify manufacturing/design faults I'm afraid it falls short. Faults can be caused by the user ( pressure washing / DIY mods for example) or by the LBS who build and sell the bike or fail to identify the root cause of an initial problem such that is re-occurs, or by the supplier of all of the groupset component which are separately warranted.
The only problem I have had was with the forks which SRAM sorted for free.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Based on the reports on this forum the most significant design/manufacturer problem appears to be the power cable: specifically the motor end cap splitting and allowing water ingress. We are told a modified cable is being made available this month sometime and that the modification appears to be to make the cable more flexible. That suggests that Specialized believe the damage to that cap is caused by tension and/or vibration of the cable. We will see!

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I appreciate it can be difficult to set up a questionnaire but if the point of this is to identify manufacturing/design faults I'm afraid it falls short. Faults can be caused by the user ( pressure washing / DIY mods for example) or by the LBS who build and sell the bike or fail to identify the root cause of an initial problem such that is re-occurs, or by the supplier of all of the groupset component which are separately warranted.
The only problem I have had was with the forks which SRAM sorted for free.
What was wrong with the forks?

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

3 motors One power cable in less than a 1000 miles.

Last motor waited 30 days for a replacement motor to be available Brose has a "dog" on their hands. Perhaps losing 400 grams wasn't such a great idea..."just sayin".

Love the power "though"...hum where have I heard that recently?

MadDash

Oct 24, 2019
Connecticut USA
Hi all,
In my opinion, this poll is not complete. While its fine to have an issue with you Levo and report it:
1) many mechanical issues are common on most MTB’s and EMTBS.
2) what most important is how Specialized resolves your issue!
I didn’t take great care of my 17’ S-Works. I rode the hell out of it. Went through 3 motors, a battery, four cassettes, carbon wheel set and Specialized replaced It all! Including, finally replacing the bike with a brand new 19’ S-Works Levo, for only a $400 return fee, which went to my LBS for all the work they’ve done

Stick that in your poll....lol ?
True customer support

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
December 2018 Kenevo expert bought from LL Bury , 6months in and motor started making a dubious noise returned to dealer new motor fitted within the week , then 2 weeks ago battery had 9 green and 1 red , again replaced with 1 week from diagnosis, crackin service from LL Bury ???

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

Sorry!

"MadDash" is absolutely correct Specialized has been fantastic about warranty issues covers everything. Just wish the bike would STOP breaking!

Speaking of warranty Shimano secret, ignore your bike shop who claim's trial damage, send the part to Shimano they'll send you a new one, broke my Di2 derailleur in half, they sent a new one unlike SRAM!

MadDash

Oct 24, 2019
Connecticut USA
Thanks High Rock Ruti, for the reply.

Great to hear that I am not the only EMTB rider in the Northeast USA. Due to the minimal EMTB sales until recently in New England, our LBS's really didn't have much experience working on e-bikes, especially Levo's. So, it's great the Specialized has really stood behind the bikes and is building favor here.

When I bought m first Levo there was really no knowledge base to speak of over here. i was afraid to touch it and void my warranty.

Like any expensive MTB, these bikes need a bit of attention.ESPECIALLY THE DRIVE TRAIN! YOU MUST KEEP THE DRIVETRAIN CLEAN, AND THE MOTOR COMPARTMENT DRY!

Rob has a video out about maintenance he shot at Berkshire. It's very funny, as even Rob doesn't pamper his Levo nor do regular maintenance. And, Berkshire has a few laughs at Robs expense. They also provide a few great hacks for electronics protection and maintenance.

I'm convinced that if you follow the direction of Berkshire on maintenance in that video, you will greatly reduce wear and breakage on these bikes.

This technology is still new. There will be issues. Buy a $60K BMW and it will still have issues.
Trust me I know.

I'm very glad that Rob has started this forum. Now we can really get great maintenance hacks and experience from others. Thanks Rob!

jaggysnake

Jul 5, 2019
uk
just a seat clamp after a bit of a moan although i had fitted a hope one in the meantime has love a good upgrade, just hope nothing major goes wrong has shop over 100miles away, done about 1500miles on it, on 3rd chain and 2nd set of pads plus a few other upgrades

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles