Levo Gen 3 Best coil shock - Poll

Out of these three, which is the best coil shock for 2022 Gen3 turbo levo?

• Rockshox 2023 Super Deluxe with HBO

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Ohlins TTX22M.2

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • EXT e-Storia

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
Too bad as the owner (Craig?) at Avalanche is one of the most arrogant a$$holes to deal with as he does make a quality product.
My experience has been nothing but good with Craig and his team. I appreciated his knowledge and insight. I cannot speak to your experience as i wasn’t privy to the interactions to form my own opinion.

You referring to someone as an arrogant a$$holes does make me lean to one side though. We humans tend to get back what we project onto others.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Craig at Avalanche knows his stuff and he is incredibly generous with his time and knowledge. In my experience, he doesn't mind when people request clarification; but it rubs anyone wrong if someone calls in and starts quoting the University of U-Tube or their internet acquaintances as authorities on his expertise (Masters degree in Hydraulic Engineering, ex-Pro MXer. 30 years experience, etc.) He'll get pretty direct with you.

The thing is that his work is incredibly good and I've used his stuff on 2 other bikes and as such have already purchased his coil shock and hybrid fork kit for my Relay. I purchased the new Bomber CR rear coil shock and a new Mezzer and just sent them to him for the mods.

Pretty darn eager to get these parts as I've ridden them before and they are other level.

There is a reason that he has a 10+ week wait after all.

Ps. I've had the EXT Arma and in my case (2 revalves, 7 different springs, 2 links) it just wasn't that good. The guy I sold it to also reached the same conclusion and also sold it off.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
My dealings with him have been fine until I posted the weight of a spring that he has the weight of on his site. Then it went very downhill. Not a people person, but a great tuner.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Craig at Avalanche knows his stuff and he is incredibly generous with his time and knowledge. In my experience, he doesn't mind when people request clarification; but it rubs anyone wrong if someone calls in and starts quoting the University of U-Tube or their internet acquaintances as authorities on his expertise (Masters degree in Hydraulic Engineering, ex-Pro MXer. 30 years experience, etc.) He'll get pretty direct with you.

The thing is that his work is incredibly good and I've used his stuff on 2 other bikes and as such have already purchased his coil shock and hybrid fork kit for my Relay. I purchased the new Bomber CR rear coil shock and a new Mezzer and just sent them to him for the mods.

Pretty darn eager to get these parts as I've ridden them before and they are other level.

There is a reason that he has a 10+ week wait after all.

Ps. I've had the EXT Arma and in my case (2 revalves, 7 different springs, 2 links) it just wasn't that good. The guy I sold it to also reached the same conclusion and also sold it off.
To balance out the fan boys I’ve had mixed experiences with Craig’s tuning especially when it comes to shocks. 3 from 3 have had excessive rebound damping and minimal compression damping. Fine if you are a rider that is not aggressive or only rides groomed trails otherwise they pack and feel very ordinary.

The avalanche fork damper cartridge is great btw.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Although I can't speak to your particular experiences, it's a bit absurd to suggest that Avy tunes are ideal for novices on groomed trails.
I personally know of some very aggressive racers in the local Pro class, on his stuff on very technical terrain.

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
Although I can't speak to your particular experiences, it's a bit absurd to suggest that Avy tunes are ideal for novices on groomed trails.
I personally know of some very aggressive racers in the local Pro class, on his stuff on very technical terrain.
People love to throw shade at something they aren’t happy with. Sadly, it’s human nature. When someone comes in to compliment that “thing” they get labeled as a fanboy by that same human. Kind of pathetic IMOP. There is not one thing in this world that satisfies everyone. It’s impossible. Just because it doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean others aren’t happy with it. It’s the classic Ford vs Chevy debate when in reality they are far more similar then they are different minus their logo.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Did some laps on the the Rs Coil 23 again (had the Air 23 ridden the last 2 months). The bike feels good on the rougher sections. I have 24-25% SAG with the 450 spring and 30% with the 500 spring. Someone tried the MRP springs (none progressiv)?

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Did some laps on the the Rs Coil 23 again (had the Air 23 ridden the last 2 months). The bike feels good on the rougher sections. I have 24-25% SAG with the 450 spring and 30% with the 500 spring. Someone tried the MRP springs (none progressiv)?
Are your sag numbers reversed?

Twindaddy

Nov 29, 2022
Chino Hills

I may have missed it in this thead but how much do you weigh? Just picked up a cascade link and thinking of getting the RS coil as well. Im 175lbs and thinking about the 500lb spring.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I got the E-storia on my Kenevo SL.. came with 2 springs.

I just bought tbe base Full Fat Levo Carbon and just bought the New Rock shox ukrnate RC2T coil from swinnerton on there Black Friday deal with an extra 5% off signing up to there newsletter. I’m 99.5% sure the springs that came with my E-storia fit the rock shox coil.. win win.. £452.20 and it’s the Levo/SL L1 progressive tune that I ordered. So this shock is made for the Levo. Also had the hardware included I’m sure and bottom eyelet with no bushing.

PS it has the HBO.

metrallainc

Dec 7, 2023
Spain
I am interested in mounting a ohlins ttx2m.2 on my turbo levo gen 3. ¿Does anyone have it installed? Is the MTBM 2204 reference model compatible?

Jun 23, 2022
USA
Best “coil” upgrade 😁
The best part is that you could order the vivid ultimate tuned for the Levo straight out of the box. So far, so very good. I’ve been riding wide open on all settings, one token and zero HsC and zero HBO at 28% sag.
The hype is real.

IMG_7861.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles