Levo Gen 3 Best coil shock - Poll

Out of these three, which is the best coil shock for 2022 Gen3 turbo levo?

• Rockshox 2023 Super Deluxe with HBO

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Ohlins TTX22M.2

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • EXT e-Storia

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I don’t like faffing with rear shocks and want a fit and forget coil.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Best for what? Damping performance? Best at compression damping? Best at rebound damping? Lightest? Strongest? Widest selection of coil spring rates? Longest warranty? Best customer support?

I forgot: Range of compression adjustment? Range of rebound adjustment? Damping adjustment step size?

Forgot another one: Availability of variable rate springs?

I doubt that any of the options ticks all of those boxes.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Best ‘all round’ for a weekend warrior like myself.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Good luck with that. Only you can know the one that's best for you, and that happens only after you have a lot of experience with each one of them.

What you have created is a popularity poll. Not a measure of 'best'.
Ok, well, thanks for that.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
There is something special about a custom tune. Go the ext.

That said why not the arma? I dont see the point of pro pedal platform on an e bike.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I think any of those 3 would be good. I have the TTX coil but on my Rise & think it’s a great shock, I also have a Fenix from Fast Suspension on my Mega which suits that frame really well

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I also had the TTX on my Rail and thought it was brilliant and very easy to dial in.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Perhaps the best value for money is Rockshox 2023 coil with HBO.
However, it is not necessarily the best coil shock. Only then will we know when there have been more user experiences.

I have an EXT e-Storia, but if I were to buy now it would probably be an RS Coil

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
However, it is not necessarily the best coil shock. Only then will we know when there have been more user experiences.

I have an EXT e-Storia, but if I were to buy now it would probably be an RS Coil
So what would make you change from the e-stories to the RS?

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
In terms of fit and forget, I can't fault my ohlins. It was on my Kenevo when I bought it in 2018. Ive done about 2000miles on it, mostly hard descents. It still performs brilliantly, despite never having been serviced.

I terms of performance, I really like the Cane Creek Kitsuma on my other bike, it's super adjustable, amazingly well damped and has the best lockout of any shock I've ridden. Stage one lockout gives a platform, stage two turns it into a hard tail. I can't comment on durability because it's only done a hundred miles or so, although all in the bike park.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I picked the EXT, I have Storias on 3 bikes and it’s been the best shock I’ve run but the other two could be just as good with a custom tune.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Had the RS Coil MY23 on a Kenevo SL and RAAW Madonna. And with the HBO the shock is unbeatable in terms of what you get and what you pay (in Germany 400 Euro)
I have one on order and it will here tomorrow.
The only thing I would go for the EXT is that weird communication from Sram about the compability on the Levo.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
The RS does look very good for the money. Can’t find any stock in the UK though.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
The RS does look very good for the money. Can’t find any stock in the UK though.

JTech appear to have stock, but they’ll only sell one with their podium re-valve, and with that and the cost of a suitable spring, you’re up to around £710.

For ‘only’ another £340 you’re at the EXT E-Storia, and even less for your Öhlins option, which is something to consider. All three would include a custom tune for your bike/weight/riding style though.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Is the RS now officially compatible? I recently checked the market for coil shocks and there was an official statement from Rockshox recommending against installing on a TL... There was a discusison in this forum too.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Is the RS now officially compatible? I recently checked the market for coil shocks and there was an official statement from Rockshox recommending against installing on a TL... There was a discusison in this forum too.
They had a specific part number to use with the Levo and Kenevo, it has a steel shaft. They’ve recently come back and said that the normal shock is compatible with the levo and you no longer need the one with the steel shaft.

From RS website:

2023 Super Deluxe Coil and Deluxe Coil rear shocks were designed from the ground up, in part due to the additional stress yoke/strut designs can put on coil shocks. As such, we have qualified 2023 coil rear shocks for use in these applications. There are 2 known bike model exceptions to this: Commencal Meta TR Power and Specialized Kenevo. These two bike models are only compatible with a Super Deluxe Air shock OR a MY23 Super Deluxe Coil shock WITH a steel shaft.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
They had a specific part number to use with the Levo and Kenevo, it has a steel shaft. They’ve recently come back and said that the normal shock is compatible with the levo and you no longer need the one with the steel shaft.

From RS website:

2023 Super Deluxe Coil and Deluxe Coil rear shocks were designed from the ground up, in part due to the additional stress yoke/strut designs can put on coil shocks. As such, we have qualified 2023 coil rear shocks for use in these applications. There are 2 known bike model exceptions to this: Commencal Meta TR Power and Specialized Kenevo. These two bike models are only compatible with a Super Deluxe Air shock OR a MY23 Super Deluxe Coil shock WITH a steel shaft.
But this means, you dont need the version with the steel shaft for the Levo.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Got answer from Sram Rider Support with the same Text:

Hi Henrik, thank you for reaching out. I hope you had an excellent week!

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
And here is another info:

IMG_0745.png

Jun 23, 2022
USA

Hi. Do you notice the benefits of the HBO on your '23 RS SD Coil? Are you on the stock linkage?
My RS is on its way. I'm getting fed up with fighting the bottom out on my air.

Lastly, what's your weight and coil spring rate on your RS? Thanks

Kent

Nov 28, 2020
Israel
I installed the Astoria EXT as a rear shock in my Expert 2022 and love every moment I ride with it

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles