Orbea wild fs h15 size and Orbea or Trek model?

Skyof

May 6, 2020
Finland
So im 173cm and inner leg 79cm,Orbea size say im S/M or L.
So what size i should go?
Hate this when im between 2 sizes and dont got lots experience on bike choosing.

Last bike was canyon neuron on 6.0 2020, it was size M and it felt maybe little big to me.

Second option is trek rail 5 size-M and size is M 161-175cm so this better to me?

And what you think trek rail 5 is 4500e 625wh battery and wild fs h15 is 4950e witch is better for money?
I dont ride on bike park.

Last edited:

bluerich

Jan 17, 2021
South Yorks
So im 173cm and inner leg 79cm,Orbea size say im S/M or L.
So what size i should go?
Hate this when im between 2 sizes and dont got lots experience on bike choosing.

Last bike was canyon neuron on 6.0 2020, it was size M and it felt maybe little big to me.

Second option is trek rail 5 size-M and size is M 161-175cm so this better to me?

And what you think trek rail 5 is 4500e 625wh battery and wild fs h15 is 4950e witch is better for money?
I dont ride on bike park.
You might struggle on a L Orbea, I’m 177cm on a large. The issue is the saddle height with the kinked seat tube, however the short cranks help. Try to test ride one.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Hi, another one interested in this topic: i'm offered and H25 in S/M and i'm 1,75cm. Seems on the edge by Orbea's sizing, but any opinion fromactual users?
Thanks.

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
I am 172.5 with short legs (73 inside) and went with s/m, stand over is perfect but I found it a little short on reach so put a slightly longer stem on.
A friend has a large and I have no stand over. By stand over I mean when stood on the floor not the pedals.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I am 172.5 with short legs (73 inside) and went with s/m, stand over is perfect but I found it a little short on reach so put a slightly longer stem on.
A friend has a large and I have no stand over. By stand over I mean when stood on the floor not the pedals.
Sorry to be thick: so you mean the s/m is barely big enough for you or that the L would be too big? I'm not that much taller than you (175), with 75 or so inside.
Thanks a lot.

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
Haha, it’s a bit of both.
S/M fits my short legs well, I have room to move between my man bits and the top tube (when stood on the floor) but reach was a little short so I put a slightly longer stem on it, ideally I would have had a longer stem but didn’t want to mess up the handling so I compromised.
The Reach on the L feels much better but I am almost squashing my bits on the top tube. I am not sure what the actual numbers are to see the difference between the 2 sizes but this is how it feels for me.
It looks like we have similar sized upper bodies but you have slightly longer legs so you would have slightly more clearance than me but I personally prefer a little more.

Last edited:

MartinD.

Apr 4, 2021
Halifax, UK
Hi, another one interested in this topic: i'm offered and H25 in S/M and i'm 1,75cm. Seems on the edge by Orbea's sizing, but any opinion fromactual users?
Thanks.

I am 175cm tall with a 79cm inside leg and I bought a Large.

Initially it felt big compared to my old Kona (Med, 16" hardtail analogue) but now it doesn't. I never catch my nads and the reach is spot on. I think Orbea do funny sizing tbh.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Indeed, checking the measurements of the s/m size it became clear that it would be on the small side for me; i do not like a small bike in general and for an e-mtb it sounds even worse. So i'll keep waiting for the Scott i have on order, much better size and although not as good on paper, it's cheaper.
Should be here in a week, hopefully no more delays!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles