Orbea rise Update or not update

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Evening all

so had my rise m team for a fair few months now clocked up about 600 miles and touch wood all is good

I have never updated it since leaving the bike shop

not really a option of going to the lbs as it’s not very local 😂🙄

question is would you update it via phone or as it’s running ok leave it and don’t tempt fate !!

if you would update is there any tips or tricks to hopefully stop it bricking

many thanks

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
I've done three updates since getting my bike in early September 2021. I have 1,200 miles on my bike with no issues from doing the updates. Shimano doesn't mention what the updates are for. I'm guessing the updates pertain to battery management or something motor related.

If you decide to do the updates, here's my one bit of advice. Go into your phone's settings and change the power down/sleep mode to "Never" while doing the update. You do not want your phone to turn off or go to sleep mid install. I also grab a stool and sit next to my bike during the install. You don't want to accidentally walk out of the Bike's blue tooth range during the install.

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Yup. I always like running the latest software, whether it's on my bike, my watch, or my porch light. The improvements made with each successive upgrade might be small, but over time, they can be significant. If upgrades are no good, we'd all be running Windows 95.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I agree, you are probably fine with the current firmware, but if you decide to do it stay with the bike and keep touching the screen so it does not fall asleep

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles