New update for the Bosch

Riptide88

Jan 8, 2022
Alberta
Hey guys and gals, Not sure if this is old news or not but i just took my 21 wild in for a battery issue and the tech told me there was a new update for the motor which bumped the nm to 92 i think. I have 3 kms on the bike so far(winter) so to me the bike already felt fast but just on the quickie i did around the store it feels quite a bit stronger after the update

Svenn

Dec 8, 2021
Illinois
Here are the most current Bosch motor versions:

Active Line from MY14: 1.8.6.0
Active Line from MY18: 1.3.3.0
Active Line Plus from MY18: 1.3.3.0

Cargo Line from MY20: 1.1.5.0

Performance Line from MY14: 1.8.6.0
Performance Line Speed from MY14: 1.8.6.0
Performance Line from MY20: 1.3.3.0
Performance Line CX from MY15: 1.8.6.0
Performance Line CX from MY20: 1.1.5.0
Performance Line CX smart system MY22: 1.14.0
Performance Line Speed from MY20: 1.1.5.0

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I really wish they would publish the change log between versions.
It's really annoying considering we can't update ourselves - do they assume we'll go into a service center every month and pay just to check the changes?

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
@Bearing Man - as an aside (done a quick search, nothing obvious) are you aware of any phone apps or suchlike that your average man in the street (me) can use to interrogate the Bosch motor/system - obvs in my case the Performance Line CX Gen 2 for parameter settings ?
I've got an EV and with the assistance of an OBDII dongle and a phone app I can monitor various settings (tyre pressure, SOH of the battery, etc).
Not looking to change anything, just wondering what I should expect - and it would be nice to see. I've run the Purion to ID various versions etc.

Huw169

Nov 7, 2021
Hampshire
@Bearing Man - as an aside (done a quick search, nothing obvious) are you aware of any phone apps or suchlike that your average man in the street (me) can use to interrogate the Bosch motor/system - obvs in my case the Performance Line CX Gen 2 for parameter settings ?
I've got an EV and with the assistance of an OBDII dongle and a phone app I can monitor various settings (tyre pressure, SOH of the battery, etc).
Not looking to change anything, just wondering what I should expect - and it would be nice to see. I've run the Purion to ID various versions etc.
No Bluetooth link. Next update is introducing this, but it is not backwards compatible.

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
In July of 2021 Bosch released drive unit updates that brings max torque on compatible model year 2020 and 2021 drive units up to 85nm.

All that is needed is for the dealer to connect the bike to DiagnosticTool and update the firmware.

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
Also, there is no way to perform this update without the official DiagnosticTool software. The PC connects to the USB port on the drive unit but then will only talk to Bosch's software.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Interestingly enough.....
I popped in a couple of weeks ago - mechanic connected up to system and dropped latest s/w release on. He reckons it upgraded to latest torque (92nm ?). I told him folks here reckoned gen2 was limited to 75nm. He reckoned it asked what he wanted, he went for the max and it did it. I've got no idea how i'd confirm one way or the other..... which is why i was asking if there's any way i can investigate parameters that are set on my motor..... 🤔

Mar 12, 2022
Chicago, IL
Interestingly enough.....
I popped in a couple of weeks ago - mechanic connected up to system and dropped latest s/w release on. He reckons it upgraded to latest torque (92nm ?). I told him folks here reckoned gen2 was limited to 75nm. He reckoned it asked what he wanted, he went for the max and it did it. I've got no idea how i'd confirm one way or the other..... which is why i was asking if there's any way i can investigate parameters that are set on my motor..... 🤔

Even taking into account the "telephone effect", your description of what he was telling you does *not* line up with anything I've seen or heard of in any Bosch trainings, or in the dealer portal. I can't help but wonder if the mechanic has actually taken the training.

The torque upgrade for from 75nm to 85nm, and it was only for drive units from model years 2020 and 2021 (Gen4). Gen2 never received such an update. The software also doesn't "ask what you want" as far as torque values. The dealer can adjust *some* settings. Max torque is not one of them. That is set in the motor firmware itself by Bosch.

All that said, if he updated your drive unit, you're good to go. You have the maximum supported for your motor.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Even taking into account the "telephone effect", your description of what he was telling you does *not* line up with anything I've seen or heard of in any Bosch trainings, or in the dealer portal. I can't help but wonder if the mechanic has actually taken the training.

The torque upgrade for from 75nm to 85nm, and it was only for drive units from model years 2020 and 2021 (Gen4). Gen2 never received such an update. The software also doesn't "ask what you want" as far as torque values. The dealer can adjust *some* settings. Max torque is not one of them. That is set in the motor firmware itself by Bosch.

All that said, if he updated your drive unit, you're good to go. You have the maximum supported for your motor.
Awesome

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles