Orbea 2023 Models??

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
15.9kg... imagine how much lower they could go if they used the TQ-HPR50. The EP801 is 2.7kg. The TQ 1.85 kg. Bet TQ Battery will also save about 100-200g. So less than 15kg could be possible with the Rise.
It would be an insane bike if they used the TQ motor. I knew it wasn't going to be 2023 models but I was hoping anyway. It seems like such a perfect choice for Rise.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
It would be an insane bike if they used the TQ motor. I knew it wasn't going to be 2023 models but I was hoping anyway. It seems like such a perfect choice for Rise.
Wonder when they did one day if they could implement there RS algorithm on the TQ Motor and get even more Range out of it.

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
Wonder when they did one day if they could implement there RS algorithm on the TQ Motor and get even more Range out of it.
I know that Orbea makes it sound like they did a bunch of magic but I'm not really convinced they did anything you can't do yourself with tweaking the software in E-Tube. I think it was mostly just a very successful marketing campaign. If sure you can pull some sliders on the TW too and make it less powerful too, or get it to react later.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
I know that Orbea makes it sound like they did a bunch of magic but I'm not really convinced they did anything you can't do yourself with tweaking the software in E-Tube. I think it was mostly just a very successful marketing campaign. If sure you can pull some sliders on the TW too and make it less powerful too, or get it to react later.
To be honest I think the same😉Otherwise they would have discovered the holy grail.

I rode both bikes the Rise and the Fuel exe b2b on the same day and the Fuel exe TQ Motor felt more natural despite Orbea claiming they have this RS concept.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
To be honest I think the same😉Otherwise they would have discovered the holy grail.

I rode both bikes the Rise and the Fuel exe b2b on the same day and the Fuel exe TQ Motor felt more natural despite Orbea claiming they have this RS concept.
it feels more natural because it has less torque....less power feels more natural....Every single lower powered lighter weight eMTB has the concept of Ride synergy...RS is just Orbea's Term for it.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
it feels more natural because it has less torque....less power feels more natural....Every single lower powered lighter weight eMTB has the concept of Ride synergy...RS is just Orbea's Term for it.
I know what you mean. But the transition from no support to support felt even smoother on the TQ where as on the rise I felt that transition point more. However could also only be settings related on both bikes🤷‍♂️

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
I know what you mean. But the transition from no support to support felt even smoother on the TQ where as on the rise I felt that transition point more. However could also only be settings related on both bikes🤷‍♂️
I ride 2 Fazua powered e's (road and gravel) and the transition is barely noticeable from support to no support or vice versa.

Each motor has it's own nuances as does each rider. For full fat eMTB we got used to 85Nm but a load of us never went beyond level 2 of 5 or 2 of 4 so 60Nm is probably as much as we want or need. Others love the full Monty 85Nm turbo-nutter mode so may well feel a bit underwhelmed by a TQ / Fazua / Shimano RS.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ

Not true. I have a ton of time on both bikes. The Rise has very intuitive power delivery. The power delivery seems to sense when you need more power based on your own input. This does give it a somewhat natural feeling as it works with you as the rider. With that said, the Rise is not even remotely as natural feeling as the EXe. With the EXe, you often need to remind yourself you are on an EMTB. It is truly natural, combined with a quiet motor.

The Rise’s advantage over the EXe is the power output and range. The Rise is noticeably better on both power delivery and range.

hind-corners

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2022
Europe
Not true. I have a ton of time on both bikes. The Rise has very intuitive power delivery. The power delivery seems to sense when you need more power based on your own input. This does give it a somewhat natural feeling as it works with you as the rider. With that said, the Rise is not even remotely as natural feeling as the EXe. With the EXe, you often need to remind yourself you are on an EMTB. It is truly natural, combined with a quiet motor.

The Rise’s advantage over the EXe is the power output and range. The Rise is noticeably better on both power delivery and range.
Is this out of box setup? If you configure EP8 rs to deliver power bit later I think they feel very similar but i have tested EXe just once.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
I am wondering how many of us take too much time examining the 400 grams saved by using the TQ motor, and the .5 degree head angle adjustment, the XO casting vs the XO+ advantage and let's not forget the wireless dropper post. We all know it's like latest iphone.. yes, it's better but does it mean you will feel an exponentially difference? - Nope. Might our time be better spent on body position, optimal suspension set-up, and the right tire pressure? Our attempts to make us feel better about our purchase is relevant to the time we bought our rigs. Frankly, the 20 Carbon rise is more bike than I can handle and I'll Never be able to surpass it's capabilities. Maybe I speak for many who need to just RIDE and RIDE with the purpose of getting better and "want what we now own". We're riding some really cool tech and I'm guessing we'll get in dozens more rides before anyone actually gets their new 2023 rise. Look at Jeff rip on his Rise. I'm not 10% of his skills but am working on better cornering and rethinking my suspension. Not a bad thing to focus on with my overly awesome 2020 Rise M10!

he quotes, "we just did one the nastiest trails on the shore and the Rise handled it" Point well taken.

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA

Again of course the EXE is more natural….a much lower peak power of 0nly 300 watts…. And 50nm….10nm less torque…so when peak power kicks on on the rise you get a low more power and torque which is less natural….still more natural than most. Trek and other brands have had 2 years to build and improve on Orbea RS concept...in the end they are all great bikes….pick the one you want then ride the shit out of it…

On my Rise, Eco mode power deliver is quick, trail is at 2 and boost at 1…to make sure power output is slow…..

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
he quotes, "we just did one the nastiest trails on the shore and the Rise handled it"
completely agree, Rise is an awesome bike and very capable.

100% agree with investing in skills rather than kit, that is truely how you level up your riding!

1670291946254.png
1670292414640.png
1670292031210.png
1670292094309.png

1670292208498.png

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Is this out of box setup? If you configure EP8 rs to deliver power bit later I think they feel very similar but i have tested EXe just once.
I tried a few different settings. The Rise is a bad A$$ bike. It has noticeably noticeably power delivery and range, but you have no doubt you are on an EMTB. If you don’t care about stealth looks and a quiet motor, then the Rise is the better bike, hands down. The Rise is an awesome bike and I highly recommend it. With that said, the EXe is the better bike in all other areas. If it wasn’t for the fact you know you are getting assistance, you would have no idea you were on an EMTB. It is hard to tell the EXE is an EMTB given the looks and quiet motor. My motivation to get this bike is so I can take it to places like Moab and Sedona.

I spent 1 year on the rise and now have 2.5 months on the EXe. I would suggest riding both for an extended period of time. If you do, you will know exactly what I am talking about. Unless someone has spent significant time on both bikes, their opinion is nothing more than talk.

I also have a Turbo Levo SL. This is bike Is incredibly fun. It has bout the same range as the EXe. While it is 15 nm less motor, the power delivery isn’t far off from the EXe. You can’t go wrong with any of these bikes. I was on a ride yesterday and a new Pivot Shuttle SL passed me on a climb. The Shuttle was faster uphill, but that is not surprising. We are lucky as there are a lot of really good choice in the SL category. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any of these bikes.

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I have an exe , and a friend has the rise m20 with the 360wh battery. we went for a ride last night, and battery use was pretty much identical throughout the whole ride - I used 2% more than he did by the end of the ride. This is the case on every ride we do - my exe battery use matches his nearly identically.

However out of the box ,using the default modes the bikes ship with, the rise has significantly better range, but that seems to be primarily because eco mode on the exe is set to quite a high level of assist, compared to the same mode on the rise which is set quite frugally.

if you turn the exe eco mode down to feel roughly the same as the rise eco mode (which for me is assist at 60% and max power at 190w - although max power is less relevent at a low assist %), then they both seem to have about the same range.

The other two modes , mid & max on the exe ,and trail and boost on the rise seem to be largely similarly configured out of the box, except that the rise has 350w peak, wheras the exe can only do 300w.

On really steep hills where max/boost is used, he will pull away from me, due to the extra 50w the ep8rs can manage.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
I tried a few different settings. The Rise is a bad A$$ bike. It has noticeably noticeably power delivery and range, but you have no doubt you are on an EMTB. If you don’t care about stealth looks and a quiet motor, then the Rise is the better bike, hands down. The Rise is an awesome bike and I highly recommend it. With that said, the EXe is the better bike in all other areas. If it wasn’t for the fact you know you are getting assistance, you would have no idea you were on an EMTB. It is hard to tell the EXE is an EMTB given the looks and quiet motor. My motivation to get this bike is so I can take it to places like Moab and Sedona.

I spent 1 year on the rise and now have 2.5 months on the EXe. I would suggest riding both for an extended period of time. If you do, you will know exactly what I am talking about. Unless someone has spent significant time on both bikes, their opinion is nothing more than talk.

I also have a Turbo Levo SL. This is bike Is incredibly fun. It has bout the same range as the EXe. While it is 15 nm less motor, the power delivery isn’t far off from the EXe. You can’t go wrong with any of these bikes. I was on a ride yesterday and a new Pivot Shuttle SL passed me on a climb. The Shuttle was faster uphill, but that is not surprising. We are lucky as there are a lot of really good choice in the SL category. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any of these bikes.
I am not against riding an eMTB wherever you want. And it you have the skills, even better. But the EXe is still motorized no matter what it looks like.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Personally I think the Exe is a great bike but looks awful to me. The Bike has terrible lines. Performance concept is perfect, but visually unappealing to me. The Seat stay to Top Tube lines, Seat tube/ST Bracing

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ

I have an exe , and a friend has the rise m20 with the 360wh battery. we went for a ride last night, and battery use was pretty much identical throughout the whole ride - I used 2% more than he did by the end of the ride. This is the case on every ride we do - my exe battery use matches his nearly identically.

However out of the box ,using the default modes the bikes ship with, the rise has significantly better range, but that seems to be primarily because eco mode on the exe is set to quite a high level of assist, compared to the same mode on the rise which is set quite frugally.

if you turn the exe eco mode down to feel roughly the same as the rise eco mode (which for me is assist at 60% and max power at 190w - although max power is less relevent at a low assist %), then they both seem to have about the same range.

The other two modes , mid & max on the exe ,and trail and boost on the rise seem to be largely similarly configured out of the box, except that the rise has 350w peak, wheras the exe can only do 300w.

On really steep hills where max/boost is used, he will pull away from me, due to the extra 50w the ep8rs can manage.
Interesting. My range experience, after a lot of seat time, is different than yours. When I rode my Rise, I NEVER used Eco.….and I mean never. With my EXe, I need to ride quite a bit in Eco to get similar range numbers to the Rise. I guess we all have different experiences.

eDirt

Nov 2, 2022
USA
So how does one actually go about preordering a 23 Rise? If you pick a model on their website and put in your info they’ll say “Sure, you can have one. We’ll have it ready in 6-9 months and you can pick it up in a shop that’s 1000 miles from where you live”. If it’s not yet built and shipped then why is there no option to get it at a local dealer?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
So how does one actually go about preordering a 23 Rise? If you pick a model on their website and put in your info they’ll say “Sure, you can have one. We’ll have it ready in 6-9 months and you can pick it up in a shop that’s 1000 miles from where you live”. If it’s not yet built and shipped then why is there no option to get it at a local dealer?

Your local dealer will only have one if they ordered one in their 2023 booking.

Dec 1, 2022
California
When I got my 22 model in November they said the 23 models would be end of February beginning of March 2023, so I'd imagine some are getting stock now. I've seen some folks with them on other social media platforms.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Order from a shop. they can ship it to you. I'm in California, last year I ordered from a shop in Oregon so I didn't pay sales tax on it.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
Ordered my custom 23 Wild M 20 last week. Was told 3-4 weeks out. I’ll post pics and answer any questions once I get it.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
Like custom colors? If so that's crazy because new orders seem to be like a 6 month wait if not longer.
No , kept the clear carbon , just upgraded most of the components. Bike shop said that not ordering a custom color would speed things up

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Like custom colors? If so that's crazy because new orders seem to be like a 6 month wait if not longer.
I ordered a custom coloured wild M10 with upgraded components on the 3rd Feb. Mine was despatched 2 days ago to my nearest Orbea dealer in the UK who will then post to my door 👍🏻

At the time I ordered, the estimated delivery was 15th May so over the moon its been brought so far forward.... Usually its the other way 😂

Zave

Jul 27, 2022
Surrey England
I ordered a custom coloured wild M10 with upgraded components on the 3rd Feb. Mine was despatched 2 days ago to my nearest Orbea dealer in the UK who will then post to my door 👍🏻

At the time I ordered, the estimated delivery was 15th May so over the moon its been brought so far forward.... Usually its the other way 😂
Fantastic. What colours did you go for?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles