Orbea 2023 Models??

Burgo

Jul 9, 2022
Granada
Dunno, guys. Just saw it and reposted it. As I said it's all just conjecture - they may not be anything new for the Rise for another year for all we know.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Dunno, guys. Just saw it and reposted it. As I said it's all just conjecture - they may not be anything new for the Rise for another year for all we know.

I’m guessing a revised charging port flap and some different colours for the 2023 M models!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I dont think the rise will change fundamentally for the next model year- new colours, changed spec etc, but I am hoping for an all new lightweight longer travel ebike, like an E- rallon.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I dont think the rise will change fundamentally for the next model year- new colours, changed spec etc, but I am hoping for an all new lightweight longer travel ebike, like an E- rallon.
I did the question about an E- rallon directly to Orbea on Instagram the other day, and they answer me as "tough question.." and nothing more...

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
My lbs told me that end of september he will get more infos from orbea about the delivery of 2023 Orbea Rise models. So maybe around that time we will know more about the new 2023 models.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Sounds dubious. They already cannot keep up with demand of the carbon Rise. How would they put out a new, thicker, mold for a bigger battery when they can't even get the existing ones out?

not a dubious claim at all, the lightweight segment has blown up and changes had to be made to stay out in front, and the flip paint looks 🔥

Burgo

Jul 9, 2022
Granada
On the ORBEA FB post yesterday evening a hint of some kind of news: "The Orbea Wild, for the second consecutive year, winner of the EWS-E. Stay tuned in the coming days to our networks because we will have news about this bike.".

Whether it actually means news about the Wild range, or just news regarding that actual bike (eg putting the winning frame up for sale / a competition prize or something, I know not.
See The winning bike. The #OrbeaWild, for the second consecutive year, winner of the EWS-E. Stay tuned in the coming days to our networks because we will... | By Orbea | Facebook for the original.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
On the ORBEA FB post yesterday evening a hint of some kind of news: "The Orbea Wild, for the second consecutive year, winner of the EWS-E. Stay tuned in the coming days to our networks because we will have news about this bike.".

Whether it actually means news about the Wild range, or just news regarding that actual bike (eg putting the winning frame up for sale / a competition prize or something, I know not.
See The winning bike. The #OrbeaWild, for the second consecutive year, winner of the EWS-E. Stay tuned in the coming days to our networks because we will... | By Orbea | Facebook for the original.
Guess it only will have the new bosch race motor. Since this motor was also shown there.

Burgo

Jul 9, 2022
Granada
Looks like that news was, after all, a raffle for the bike... I got this today :

¡LLÉVATE LA WILD FS GANADORA DE LAS EWS-E!1​

Flo Espiñeira se proclamó el pasado jueves en Finale Ligure (Italia) campeona de las EWS-E a lomos de su Wild FS. ¡Regístrate ahora y participa en el sorteo de la Wild FS de Flo!

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Since Simplon and BMC came up lately with a new Bike using the TQ-HPR 50 I still wonder if we will probably see something like an Orbea Rise with that Drive Train. I've riden both the Orbea Rise and the Fuel Exe. A Rise with TQ Drivetrain would be an absolute killer. Especially if the customization of the Bike is still done using the myo you could basically get YOUR own Bike with the same parts (Brakes, Suspension etc.) for less Money than a Trek Fuel Exe since they charge less for the name and much less for color options. What do you guys think? Am I just an optimistic naive dreamer or could this happen?

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Since Simplon and BMC came up lately with a new Bike using the TQ-HPR 50 I still wonder if we will probably see something like an Orbea Rise with that Drive Train. I've riden both the Orbea Rise and the Fuel Exe. A Rise with TQ Drivetrain would be an absolute killer. Especially if the customization of the Bike is still done using the myo you could basically get YOUR own Bike with the same parts (Brakes, Suspension etc.) for less Money than a Trek Fuel Exe since they charge less for the name and much less for color options. What do you guys think? Am I just an optimistic naive dreamer or could this happen?

It could definitely happen. Orbea isn't a brand that sticks with a single drivetrain across their lineup. Obviously the wild uses a bosch drivetrain, although that does seem to be the outlier. I definitely expect orbea to stick with the ep8rs or shimano variant for another revision of the rise and/or a long travel sibling. With the way the development cycles work, I wouldn't expect orbea to switch away from their RS marketing and efforts after a single go with the rise. I have no inside information to back this up, just a hunch. I think the battery tech and firmware will get an update before they start exploring other drivetrains like the TQ or Fauza... but I would expect them to be playing with those on proto's now.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Anyone know when Orbea usually presents their next year models? When should we know the latest if their will be a new Orbea Rise 2023 for example?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
@Fat Rat all I'm saying is they were going to have to redesign the frame anyway to accomodate the bigger battery. There's slightly more involved than putting a couple of longer tubes in (carbon and alloy frames in multiple sizes).

Hopefully they also look at the snappy seat tubes and chainstays at the same time ;)

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Trek put slightly longer tubes in the rail with no other changes but I'm not getting into that with you,

It's not just that though, they've slackened it out, changed the seat tube angle and post diameter. This will mean redesign of the rear link and suspension kinematics. Certain brands like Orbea have a straight line from the top tube running down the seatstay, it's not as simple as just adding length to tubes because it has an effect on the whole geometry of the bike.

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
Lower spec and higher cost was how our LBS described the 2023 range. Grabbed myself a cut price H30 yesterday and have Fox 36s and some other toys on the way as well. :)

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Says it all doesnt it
a 2yr old frame design and there already replacing it.

The Wild FS had a 3 year product cycle, 2020, 2021 and 2022. That's not really out of the norm to get a new frame coming for 2023.

Their alloy frames have had issues with cracking, but I have 8 months of some pretty hard riding on my carbon frame and its been flawless.

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I totally agree, the medium Devinci eBike I also have had a 460mm reach. It would be nice to see geo number’s similar to a Rallon.
If the Wild had a better geo from the start, I would have picked one up instead of my Rail.....Still would have ended up with my Rise. Still hoping they release a e-Rallon based off the RS platform.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The wild fs is due a refresh IMO, the geo was a little outdated even back when it was released, but I think ebikes tend to work better with shorter reaches than regular bikes, its the long chainstays I dont like.

I think the first ones hit the shops in the last half of 2019,so they'll have had over 3 years of sales out of it, which is a long time for the same model.

My carbon wild fs has been good, no significant issues with the bike itself , although I have had one new motor and one kiox display replaced under warranty.

Just bought a trek fuel exe as I was getting fed up of waiting for specialized and orbea to announce whatever is next in the lightweight world. I suspect in orbeas case it will just be a new wild fs, ie full fat bike, I think the rise will stay untouched except for price and spec changes for at least another year. It will beinteresting to see what specialized do , and whatever it is will be bound to be expensive - hence going for a trek fuel exe now.

Undecided whether to keep the wild fs as a backup ebike and for days when I'm out with others on full fat bikes or just sell it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles