Old blokes who should know better.....

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
One aphorism that has finally begun to sink in is that you learn much more from your mistakes than from your successes. Sometimes when I successfully ride a feature (translation: didn't crash) I get to the other end and realize I have no idea how I got through it. Must've been luck. On the other hand, when I screw up, I usually know exactly what I did wrong.

When I resumed biking after many decades of not, I had a low speed crash that ended up with thumping the back of my head on the pavement. I bought a new helmet and decided I would tuck my chin to my chest if I knew there was a chance of another head thump. Pain is an effective teacher!

"Learn to crash before riding?" Good luck with that!

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

"Learn to crash before riding?" Good luck with that!
In 1980, I learned to parachute (once!), But before that I spent 8 hours falling onto a concrete floor from various heights and at various angles, including backwards from 3 feet up. All without any safety protection, not even a helmet!! We had two ex-Parachute Regiment guys on the same course and they said that the instructor was definitely ex Special Forces. He had just finished a contract in Oman so he was probably ex SAS.

Falling off a bike is easy by comparison, all that safety gear! :love:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I definitely know better.
Just got over COVID and I'm digging out my boots and gumshield on the hottest day off the year!

IMG_20220709_113149.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
They are in the gallery so I have no idea why you can't play them. 🤷‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles