Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Thanks Stompweaver,

...I thought, that there is no room for a shim when going for a 34,9 seat post... this is exactly my question, because I doubt that I can use a shim... reason is that post I like to use is only available in 34,9 (for extra long, what I need)

Isn't the shim for like 30,9 droppers?

Thanks,
Tom
Our seat posts are 34.9 just insert, no room for shim. They shim the 30.9 to fit our 34.9

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
SeatPost
X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SLR LE lever, 34.9, S1: 100mm, S2: 125mm, S3: 150mm, S4/S5: 175mm, S6: 190mm

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
That does look amazing. I’m surprised that there’s any performance difference between the Performance Elites and the Factorys given that the internals are identical. If there is there is though, the proof is in the riding! Maybe Fox have made running manufacturing changes.
The knocking will be the compression shims popping open. They get a little “stuck” (for want of a better way of putting it) together in the damping oil and will make a noise as they lift.

There isn't really. Slight difference in tune.

The X2 factory is better in every way. I'm glad I have that now.

The 38 Factory forks did feel just the same as my Elites when they came back from TFTuned. Buttery smooth

Still full of grease when I opened them up today though.

20211219_164146.jpg

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
... the reason why I was asking about the seat posts is, that I am building the levo exactly the way I want it to be, so I start with the frameset and throw all my favorite components on it (like syntace handlebars and stem)... and I was not 100% sure regarding some specs...
I personally prefer the XTR over the XX1, do you really use the 52 chainring? I'm just thinking wether the 45 would be enough considering it's an E-Bike (my first one).
Going for 45 (Shimano) meaning a smaller derailleur, so you add a little more room, too. What you think?

Thanks,
Tom

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Thanks Stompweaver,

...I thought, that there is no room for a shim when going for a 34,9 seat post... this is exactly my question, because I doubt that I can use a shim... reason is that post I like to use is only available in 34,9 (for extra long, what I need)

Isn't the shim for like 30,9 droppers?

Thanks,
Tom

Apologies BikeTom I misread your original post. I thought you wanted to know if you could use a smaller seatpost in a carbon 34.9 seat tube.
You are right that the Expert has a 34.9 X-Fusion seatpost as standard. That’s what I have! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Of course it is fine and the shim is for bikes with smaller diameter posts like the Pro and the S-Works. For what it’s worth I’d rather use a seatpost without a shim, it’s one less potential source of creaks and other annoying noises!

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
There isn't really. Slight difference in tune.

The X2 factory is better in every way. I'm glad I have that now.

The 38 Factory forks did feel just the same as my Elites when they came back from TFTuned. Buttery smooth

Still full of grease when I opened them up today though.

View attachment 78444
If it feels better then it is better! Glad you are pleased and have a noticeable upgrade.

Was that grease on top of the air spring piston? That’s like having an extra spacer in it! Was there much in the negativw

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
If it feels better then it is better! Glad you are pleased and have a noticeable upgrade.

Was that grease on top of the air spring piston? That’s like having an extra spacer in it! Was there much in the negativw

Grease yeah Half that amount in the negative. Still more than enough

The stanchions had a load up in the top too

Be interesting to see what difference it makes tomorrow night

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
quick question, will it noticeable if I change the shock from 210x55 to 210x52.5?

If I'm not mistaken it's the same size shock with a spacer stuck in to reduce travel. My superdeluxe ultimate is anyway and that was the case with the 2019 stumpjumpers that had 210x52.5 shocks. People chopped the spacers out me included

Should be fine either way.

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
quick question, will it noticeable if I change the shock from 210x55 to 210x52.5?

Well you would reduce the travel down to ~143mm, around the point the suspension is designed to naturally 'ramp up' on bigger hits (due to the progressive nature of an air shock). You may as a result find it bottoms out easier & harder.

Which to me, would be an issue, as the rear suspension on the Levo isn't amazing anyway. It's not progressive enough for harder/faster riders & this would just amplify that as an issue.

If you tend to ride at a more leisurely pace however, it's probably fine :)

Twvandoren

Dec 5, 2020
USA
... the reason why I was asking about the seat posts is, that I am building the levo exactly the way I want it to be, so I start with the frameset and throw all my favorite components on it (like syntace handlebars and stem)... and I was not 100% sure regarding some specs...
I personally prefer the XTR over the XX1, do you really use the 52 chainring? I'm just thinking wether the 45 would be enough considering it's an E-Bike (my first one).
Going for 45 (Shimano) meaning a smaller derailleur, so you add a little more room, too. What you think?

Thanks,
Tom

I use the 52 tooth gear very little or not at all on my 22 Levo. There is so much torque you just don’t need the 52. I think a cassette with a 45 tooth biggest gear might actually be more usable. I also have a 2016 Levo with an 11 speed cassette with a 42 tooth biggest gear and I never wanted anything bigger. Just my opinion.

Phil M

Nov 25, 2021
UK
Question for those who have changed their brakes.

I’ve got some new ones on order, but the hoses on the Sram ones look quite skinny.. and there’s like a plastic sleeve that just sticks out of the frame where the hose then comes out of.

Are the Sram hoses a standard size? and is the plastic sleeve what I see what runs right through the frame to guide the hoses?

Any help appreciated.

Han

May 25, 2021
Vienna
Question for those who have changed their brakes.

I’ve got some new ones on order, but the hoses on the Sram ones look quite skinny.. and there’s like a plastic sleeve that just sticks out of the frame where the hose then comes out of.

Are the Sram hoses a standard size? and is the plastic sleeve what I see what runs right through the frame to guide the hoses?

Any help appreciated.
I think Sram use 6mm hoses, usually the thinner the stronger of brake power, and yes, those sleeves will guide your cable all the way through even cross the rear frame joint part.

Phil M

Nov 25, 2021
UK
Ok great, so there definitely should be no issue.

Thanks for referring to the frame joint too, that was my next question!

I’ve ordered the Hope Tech 4 / V4, so it’s now a waiting game.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Ok great, so there definitely should be no issue.

Thanks for referring to the frame joint too, that was my next question!

I’ve ordered the Hope Tech 4 / V4, so it’s now a waiting game.
Never tried Hopes, hear they are good. Been pleased with Magura’s for awhile

Phil M

Nov 25, 2021
UK
Never tried Hopes, hear they are good. Been pleased with Magura’s for awhile

I use Tech 3/E4 on my other bike.. they’re great, I wouldn’t say all out power is any better or worse than the Sram.

But the lever feel is miles better, there’s no flex at all like the Sram have so more consistent.. side effects of that is I have more confidence in them.

These Tech 4’s are meant to be even better.. we’ll see!

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I use Tech 3/E4 on my other bike.. they’re great, I wouldn’t say all out power is any better or worse than the Sram.

But the lever feel is miles better, there’s no flex at all like the Sram have so more consistent.. side effects of that is I have more confidence in them.

These Tech 4’s are meant to be even better.. we’ll see!
IMO, SRAMS suck. Had all the high end srams, bedded 220-200 rotors, still not there. Maybe bad batch idk. Magura’s with their mdr-p 220-200 rotors are tight.

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
Have you a bike Gordon to ride at the moment, I had 2019 expert that I spect out to the hilt and was offered good money so I sold but then was without a bike for 5 months.I nearly lost the plot.

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Hello I have a question regarding the wheel circonference in Mission Control App. I know it's only the authorized Specialized dealer who can modifie the circonference in fonction of the tire choice. I ride with an Assegai 2.5 at the back so the wheel circonference should be about 2234mm. On Mission Control App I can read that it's set to 2250mm. So, the distance is wrong beetween the bike information and the reality (GPS). My question is for those who ride with 2.5 or 2.4 inch tires : what value do you set for the right wheel circonference?🤔
1.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles