Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Give him time to ride boys and check the SL by yourself;-)
Its so amazing. I won't go back to the LEVO or the KENEVO.

Very interesting to read. Got the SL but winter kicked in so haven't had chance to ride more than 30 min on it.
Also got the Levo and I'm very curious about which bike I'll prefer this season.
My mates rides Levo, so will I ride my SL together with them or choose the Levo..... time will show!

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
How many of you plan to stay with the alloy wheels versus switching to carbon?

I have 2 sets of carbon wheels that travel with me as i switch bikes. i just sell the OEM alloys when i get a new bike. Its less painful that way.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
60K today. 2000ft climbing. Single battery.

65C47A81-F69C-4F31-A93D-7BB6A06E8790.jpeg

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Great ride today. 28 miles 3000ft of height gain, very muddy and very windy. Ride with the range extender for the first time and finished with about 60% overall battery remaining. I’d say that the ride was 50% eco 40% trail and the rest a mixture of turbo and no assistance at all.
View attachment 27143 View attachment 27144 View attachment 27145
I was really suprised how well the bike rides without the motor/assistance on.
60K today. 2000ft climbing. Single battery.

View attachment 27209
Insane stats, that still on 30/100?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I notice (strava stalking...) that your average cadence was 67. I think for the Brose motors Spesh advise 80 for efficiency, I take it your finding this is different with the Mahle ?
No I think it’s the same with Mahle. In fact maybe it’s 90 cadence it’s 80% efficient. Does Strava remove no cadence from its calculations I wonder?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
No I think it’s the same with Mahle. In fact maybe it’s 90 cadence it’s 80% efficient. Does Strava remove no cadence from its calculations I wonder?
I think it averages over time. When you look at the median cadence, it's usually much higher - for me at least.

Latest stat for me (XL carbon comp, no range extender): 19.44 miles, 2723 ft, 9.4mph avg ~ 40% battery remaining. This was a more flow trail which has me work on the berms, jumps, small tech features. I always feel more tired after these miles than at normal natural trails. For comparison, almost the same distance, vert, trails at 9.6 mph on my kenevo a few weeks ago was at 29% battery remaining.

So far my stats are indicating I can do about ~ 30 miles with ~ 4.5kft of vert on the internal battery.

Overall - love the bike. Still getting use to have nimble it is. Corners are a dream

Ricky1979

Feb 23, 2020
UK
Hi

Has anyone purchased the Levo SL comp Alu? I’ve recently purchased this model and if you see the attached photos, an insert on the non drive side, where the cables enter the frame is missing, LBS have contacted specialized and they have confirmed it is missing and the LBS have checked their shop model which is also missing this part. I’m wondering if anyone else has this problem.
11E25E5F-98F6-43AE-B6CF-F6A509018412.jpeg
664CCBDF-606A-4B49-A14A-EE3ED8E47B6B.jpeg

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Hi

Has anyone purchased the Levo SL comp Alu? I’ve recently purchased this model and if you see the attached photos, an insert on the non drive side, where the cables enter the frame is missing, LBS have contacted specialized and they have confirmed it is missing and the LBS have checked their shop model which is also missing this part. I’m wondering if anyone else has this problem.
View attachment 27246 View attachment 27247

Thinking back the demo alloy bike I rode was missing one too.

Daginge78

Jan 6, 2020
Scotland
My SL turned up yesterday, went for ali version as I’ll be doing full custom spec on it and raw finishing the frame to match my Levo.
Might post up some progress pics this time??‍♂️
Hi mate, I'm thinking about the alloy SL but can't find a lot of pics, any chance you could share some pics of yours?

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
I was wondering what is the size of your frame? I tried fitting the X2 on my medium frame with the extender. It would not fit, a least without some serious modifications.
Is a large, I got a question for you. Are you going with 210x52.5 or 55. And from fox the default I guess is a medium tune. Are asking for a different tune. I had the exact same one on my 2019 levo. fox# 973-61-017 says for trek fuel ex

Ricky1979

Feb 23, 2020
UK
Mines missing and my mares!
Hi
specialized confirmed it’s a cable guide that’s missing, If you haven’t contacted your LBS already, they can contact specialized and log it under the warranty and specialized will send the LBS the part. Maybe it has been a problem at the factory?

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
Is a large, I got a question for you. Are you going with 210x52.5 or 55. And from fox the default I guess is a medium tune. Are asking for a different tune. I had the exact same one on my 2019 levo. fox# 973-61-017 says for trek fuel ex
The X2 only comes in a 210x55mm. The shock length is the same. The 55mm vs 52.5 means the shock compression is 2.5mm more. When I had the X2 on the bike, I let out all the air and moved the bike through it's full stroke to see if the bike would compress to far and have an issue. It did not. The 210x55mm would work well except it does not have enough room for the extender to fit properly. I need the extender on my bike because I like to go on bigger rides. My question now is: Will the DPX2 work on a medium SL frame without being an issue with the battery extender?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Have any of the SL owners on here sized up considerably to get a longer reach? There’s costs to this in terms of stand over height, stack, seat post height flexibility etc but that might be worth paying.

Specifically I’m 176cm and the L would likely work but is a little shorter than I would like. Has anyone of this size gone for an XL (or full fat Levo owners done this who might be reading this thread)?

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
on the demo I had it was a L sat on both the M & L and the L was perfect for me. I needed it for the reach primarily, I'm normally at M on all my other bikes.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I tried a L and it was kinda ok but shorter than the M Orange Surge I ride now. I’ve previously ridden a full fat Levo M but it was too small. I could potentially run an XL with 35mm stem and reduced offset fork to get a more up to date feeling ride.

How tall are you @Blinkie?

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Have any of the SL owners on here sized up considerably to get a longer reach? There’s costs to this in terms of stand over height, stack, seat post height flexibility etc but that might be worth paying.

Specifically I’m 176cm and the L would likely work but is a little shorter than I would like. Has anyone of this size gone for an XL (or full fat Levo owners done this who might be reading this thread)?
I'm 5' 7/8" so about the same, I went medium, its perfect for me. I dont like long, feel the medium is right on the limit, i wouldn't like it any longer.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I'm 5' 7/8" so about the same, I went medium, its perfect for me. I dont like long, feel the medium is right on the limit, i wouldn't like it any longer.

It’s a lot to do with torso vs length of leg really so it’s possible we differ there.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
It’s a lot to do with torso vs length of leg really so it’s possible we differ there.

Yea I think its also down to how you like your bike, I prefer mine to be short, it feels more fun.

I used to run a small Demo 8 for DH racing as it was better being shorter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles