Washington
So will mission control ever allow firmware updates? And Yes it fits
224920EC-AD74-4B76-8936-29647B5BA528.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
There is only one bounce free action backpack that fits perfect in every situation.
www.uswe-sports.com
Wrong! This backpack is sooo good. With the lower thicker straps I hardly notice it exists. Mine weighs 4 or 5 kg loaded and it barely moves around on anything I ride.
Fox camber racing D30.

image.jpg

Last edited:

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
for your really looooong rides:

this EVOC pack swallows two Range Extenders (including cages ;))
still plenty of room for lunch and extra gear
weighs 7.4 lb (less than when I carried a 500Wh battery for my 2018 Levo)
two of these plus one on the bike plus the main battery = 800 Wh

EVOC.jpg

EVOC2.jpg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
No. I took my dropper from the Kenevo in fact to put on the SL.

The SL is such a unique experience right now that I’m enjoying riding it a lot.

Although I’ve only been riding it solo, I want to see how much pace I have when riding in groups. How much will I get dropped on the climbs?

SL is game changing though that’s for sure. It’s so nice to ride.
Did you get chance to play with this yet @jcmonty? Very interested in what you find.
Not yet, unfortunately . Still waiting for it to arrive. They claim 0.75 degree change

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
85 percent of the internal battery?
Or 85 percent which includes the spare battery?

Really like to test sl out but that range is huge minus vs stock levo with 700wh battery.
My settings are 10/30,40/55 and 100/100.
I can easily double that range with my settings.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
ON MY NEW SL COMP THE WALK ASSIT WORKS VERY WELL AND STRONG, IN THE RIGHT MOUNTAIN PATHS A WALK ASSIST IS ESSENTIAL.

@Rob Hancill
question, what is the point of removing the remote button, but not the weight?
Walk assist can get you out of trouble when stopped in wrong gear - shift gear, raise rear wheel then use walk assist to gently rotate cranks.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
How many of you plan to stay with the alloy wheels versus switching to carbon?
I wont be going to Carbon wheels, the extra money isn't worth it in my eyes. I can't justify 1k+ on some wheels, but I'll probably go for some lighter alloy ones at some stage.

chinesederek

Feb 6, 2020
Windermere
Walk assist can get you out of trouble when stopped in wrong gear - shift gear, raise rear wheel then use walk assist to gently rotate cranks.
On today’s ride I got to try out the walk assist on the SL. I have to say that I was very underwhelmed by it. Sure, if I pick up the rear of the bike and press the button the cranks go around,so it works, but in practice it was very very under-powered to the point where it made no difference at all when pushing the bike up a few steep sections that I was wrong-geared on.
Is it possible to change the amount of assistance in walk mode (I can’t see anything obvious on the app)?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
On today’s ride I got to try out the walk assist on the SL. I have to say that I was very underwhelmed by it. Sure, if I pick up the rear of the bike and press the button the cranks go around,so it works, but in practice it was very very under-powered to the point where it made no difference at all when pushing the bike up a few steep sections that I was wrong-geared on.
Is it possible to change the amount of assistance in walk mode (I can’t see anything obvious on the app)?
If you shift down in to a higher gear (smaller cog) it usually helps a lot more. Not sure what gear you were in?

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
I like the green ?? Dpx2 works well no bob and decents felt good. Question for the people with lots of miles already on SL. I’m now at 11miles since today was the first voyage. 2000’ 45% left no extender. The question is when i was climbing pretty steep hill two track road i was in the wrong gear and had to switch i know not a good idea under that much load. It seemed like the motor backed off automatically kinda like how Shimano is supposed to when you have di2 and Shimano motor. Don’t ever remember my levo doing this, but of course i could pull way taller gear with the levo. Didn’t have too shift nearly as much on the levo. Definitely faster down and slower up. But I didn’t have to get off and push so i think I'm ok with the switch. Actually a couple places going up seemed easier on the SL. Your not going as fast so its more technical climbing than the blast up feeling i had on the levo.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Quick update on the Pike Ultimate. It works very very well on the SL. The 2.1 damper is very smooth in the initial part of the travel and seems to absorb almost all trail chatter.

It has soaked up some jumps to flat nicely without bottoming out. Ramps up well towards the end of the stroke.

I’m 85KG and I set it with 99 psi and 8 clicks of rebound. Low speed compression totally open.

I’ve only been riding it on local trails but it feels great so far.

150mm travel on this and I’d actually think that these 2.1 dampers sit a bit further into the travel with LSC and HSC fully open than Fox forks with correct sag setup.

So I think that 160mm *should* be OK with RS forks despite Specialized not recommending it on the SL.
Rob, i cannot agree with you more. I already have over 100 miles on my set up and it is very plush and controlled.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
No. I took my dropper from the Kenevo in fact to put on the SL.

The SL is such a unique experience right now that I’m enjoying riding it a lot.

Although I’ve only been riding it solo, I want to see how much pace I have when riding in groups. How much will I get dropped on the climbs?

SL is game changing though that’s for sure. It’s so nice to ride.
Rob - you will be dropped especially on steep climbs unless you have strong climbing legs. I rode with my ebike crew 2 weeks ago - 2 levos, 1 trek rail, 2 haibike - they smoked me on climbs.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
for your really looooong rides:

this EVOC pack swallows two Range Extenders (including cages ;))
still plenty of room for lunch and extra gear
weighs 7.4 lb (less than when I carried a 500Wh battery for my 2018 Levo)
two of these plus one on the bike plus the main battery = 800 Wh

View attachment 27106

View attachment 27107
I am using the same pack for my long rides. Yesterday, i did 45.6 miles and 6600 ft of climbing with a 6lb 418 extra battery, 1.5 liter of water, oneup pump, tools, extra jacket, extra gloves, 2 sandwiches, 2 bottles of pickle juice, and various snacks. Did not mind the weight at all as it was evenly distributed and supported. Highly recommended!

60284D55-6D3E-4B2B-9EC6-6CC8276E6A4E.jpeg

63C13BAA-4D55-4B21-AF0A-48B3603FAE3E.jpeg

984E2F03-2916-4F65-A7F8-7D4D7E898151.jpeg

Last edited:

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
I am using the same bag for my long rides. Yesterday, i did 45.6 miles and 6600 ft of climbing with a 6lb 418 extra battery, 1.5 liter of water, oneup pump, tools, extra jacket, extra gloves, 2 sandwiches, 2 bottles of pickle juice, and various snacks. Did not mind the weight at all as it was evenly distributed and supported. Highly recommended!

View attachment 27199

View attachment 27200

View attachment 27201
Did you go thru Fremont Older then up Montebello to the Gap and then down the new trail to sanborn park? How did you get from sanborn to the creek trail in Los Gatos?

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Did you go thru Fremont Older then up Montebello to the Gap and then down the new trail to sanborn park? How did you get from sanborn to the creek trail in Los Gatos?
Fremont Older, Montebello, White Oak, Canyon, Table Mountain, Gap, Skyline, John Nicholas, Black Road, Creek Trail

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I am using the same pack for my long rides. Yesterday, i did 45.6 miles and 6600 ft of climbing with a 6lb 418 extra battery, 1.5 liter of water, oneup pump, tools, extra jacket, extra gloves, 2 sandwiches, 2 bottles of pickle juice, and various snacks. Did not mind the weight at all as it was evenly distributed and supported. Highly recommended!

View attachment 27199

View attachment 27200

View attachment 27201

Which rear mudguard is that you have fitted? Think I may need something to protect the linkages / dropper.

EDIT - just realised that photo is not your bike ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles