Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
did you know, if you hit the - on the speed controller 4 times the power to motor cuts out? I discovered that on a test ride and thought it was pretty cool b/c pedaling it without power is actually possible/pleasant with this bike. also if you need to go stealthily by some aggro hikers or ebike haters you have that option ; )
"Aggro hikers"??????

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I already made a first motor update in the shop, cause it was available. Rob, do you know what this first update is for?

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I already made a first motor update in the shop, cause it was available. Rob, do you know what this first update is for?
Do you have a version number at all? I might pop to local store for update tomorrow.

Its annoying we can't see the updates online so know whats changed and when to go to the stores for updates.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Shimano makes disc rotors with built in magnets for ebikes.

View attachment 27041

View attachment 27042
Huge thanks, to levity for that. Just changed the order to get this rotor. That will require using different caliper mounting adapters but they are cheap. Stock rotors 200 mm and this rotor only comes 203 mm so will need a different adapter but that's much cleaner set up. Thanks again man.

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
is it like riding a levo in eco ?

no. more like trail. but the sensation is diffrent cos the SL feels so much faster/lighter.

Its very hard to describe. My turbo is 20.5kg on paper and it def feels that weight. a SL at 18.5, on paper its only 2kg lghter....but it just doesnt feel that heavy

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Do you have a version number at all? I might pop to local store for update tomorrow.
Here are my updated versions.
Screenshot_20200307-090336.jpg

Screenshot_20200307-090400.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Quick update on the Pike Ultimate. It works very very well on the SL. The 2.1 damper is very smooth in the initial part of the travel and seems to absorb almost all trail chatter.

It has soaked up some jumps to flat nicely without bottoming out. Ramps up well towards the end of the stroke.

I’m 85KG and I set it with 99 psi and 8 clicks of rebound. Low speed compression totally open.

I’ve only been riding it on local trails but it feels great so far.

150mm travel on this and I’d actually think that these 2.1 dampers sit a bit further into the travel with LSC and HSC fully open than Fox forks with correct sag setup.

So I think that 160mm *should* be OK with RS forks despite Specialized not recommending it on the SL.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
what about the walk assist button?
Yeah I thought about that and whether or not I’d miss it.

I’ll let you know in due course, but as the bike is pretty lightweight I think it’ll be less of an issue to push that a heavier bike.

Although thinking back to riding it in South Africa I used the walk assist on some super steep loose rocky stuff towards the peak of the mountain, for sure I’d miss it there.

Sadly though we have no mountains in Surrey ?

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Talking of walk assist, I found on the demo bike that it hardly worked. It was very feeble to the point of being useless.
going in to place my order for a carbon comp this mornin. Will get them to replace drive train and brakes with SLX.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Talking of walk assist, I found on the demo bike that it hardly worked. It was very feeble to the point of being useless.
going in to place my order for a carbon comp this mornin. Will get them to replace drive train and brakes with SLX.
ON MY NEW SL COMP THE WALK ASSIT WORKS VERY WELL AND STRONG, IN THE RIGHT MOUNTAIN PATHS A WALK ASSIST IS ESSENTIAL.

@Rob Hancill
question, what is the point of removing the remote button, but not the weight?

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
@etoni glad to hear that. Might have been something not right on the demo bike. There are some places round me that will require pushing the bike so hope my new stead feels like it’s helping.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
ON MY NEW SL COMP THE WALK ASSIT WORKS VERY WELL AND STRONG, IN THE RIGHT MOUNTAIN PATHS A WALK ASSIST IS ESSENTIAL.

@Rob Hancill
To remove cables and bar clutter. I think that the SL is the type of bike that the remote isnt needed as much. I'd definitely not do it on the Kenevo for example.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria

@Rob Hancill
Its all about personalizing your bike to the region where you live, how you ride etc. I like that.
@Rob You can definitely remove the chainguide too if you didn't already.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
take out the main batterie and ride with 2-3 extender battery...
You'd then have to have 2 extenders in your backpack (if you had a threesome....).

Everyone seems to handle backpack weight differently. For me, I'll ride with a chainsaw strapped on my back when I'm trail clearing and don't really mind it. But when I'm out to "play" and going for it I hate weight on my back. I bought a camelback a couple of weeks ago and with just 1 litre of water in there I hated it and actually rode home and dumped it. So 2kg's of batteries for some people will be a hindrance.

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
take out the main batterie and ride with 2-3 extender battery...
You'd then have to have 2 extenders in your backpack (if you had a threesome....).

Everyone seems to handle backpack weight differently. For me, I'll ride with a chainsaw strapped on my back when I'm trail clearing and don't really mind it. But when I'm out to "play" and going for it I hate weight on my back. I bought a camelback a couple of weeks ago and with just 1 litre of water in there I hated it and actually rode home and dumped it. So 2kg's of batteries for some people will be a hindrance.
Some are better than others.

The shimano one i got doesnt bother me at all. I got water and pumps and other stuff in it as well as a gopro mounted to the strap. I use it for skiing too.

I find that if its adjustable and hangs in the lower part of the back then it's not even noticable.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria

The shimano one i got doesnt bother me at all. I got water and pumps and other stuff in it as well as a gopro mounted to the strap. I use it for skiing too.

I find that if its adjustable and hangs in the lower part of the back then it's not even noticable.
There is only one bounce free action backpack that fits perfect in every situation.
www.uswe-sports.com

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB

There is only one bounce free action backpack that fits perfect in every situation.
www.uswe-sports.com
The shimano seems similar in design. Not sure what difference this other brand makes but I dont see anything unique.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey Rob, since you get the SL, have you ridden the Kenevo?
No. I took my dropper from the Kenevo in fact to put on the SL.

The SL is such a unique experience right now that I’m enjoying riding it a lot.

Although I’ve only been riding it solo, I want to see how much pace I have when riding in groups. How much will I get dropped on the climbs?

SL is game changing though that’s for sure. It’s so nice to ride.

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
No. I took my dropper from the Kenevo in fact to put on the SL.

The SL is such a unique experience right now that I’m enjoying riding it a lot.

Although I’ve only been riding it solo, I want to see how much pace I have when riding in groups. How much will I get dropped on the climbs?

SL is game changing though that’s for sure. It’s so nice to ride.

Cool.. you need to do the weekly podcasts again with all your sl info.. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles