Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
Just wondering if anyone one here has gone Shigura for brakes and if so, what fluid did you use ?
Thanks very much,
John

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
Hi - has anyone tested a 230x65 coil (instead of factory 230x62.5) on Kenevo SL - I am looking at the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate and not sure whether to go 62.5mm or 65mm. I normally run the bike mullet with 180mm RS Zeb Buttercup front, neutral head set cup, high chip. Shock is currently factory FOX X and looking to upgrade. My riding weight is around 210lb (95kg), bike size is S5. Any info would be appreciated!

MetroNeck

Aug 13, 2020
North Van
Hi - has anyone tested a 230x65 coil (instead of factory 230x62.5) on Kenevo SL - I am looking at the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate and not sure whether to go 62.5mm or 65mm. I normally run the bike mullet with 180mm RS Zeb Buttercup front, neutral head set cup, high chip. Shock is currently factory FOX X and looking to upgrade. My riding weight is around 210lb (95kg), bike size is S5. Any info would be appreciated!
I am not 100% sure about the RS, but most coils can have a spacer added to reduce their stroke. An authorized dealer can answer that.

Also, search this forum for potential figment concerns with the Super Deluxe. IIRC there is some discussion about it.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I ran an Ohlins TTX coil and a Fast Fenix at that stroke length with zero clearance issues on an S4.

I am not 100% sure about the RS, but most coils can have a spacer added to reduce their stroke. An authorized dealer can answer that.

Also, search this forum for potential figment concerns with the Super Deluxe. IIRC there is some discussion about it.
The clearance issues were the with the older model SDU and to make it fit you needed to fit a smaller reservoir. I believe the new 2023 shocks have the reservoir positioned higher so there should be enough clearance to fit but I would definitely advise a test fit before purchase to confirm.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I have an S5 KSL with a 65mm stroke Fox DHX2 running full 29er. #294life :cool: No clearance issues at all and gives about 7mm more rear wheel travel. The shock came supplied as 62.5mm stroke so I removed the 2.5mm stroke reducer that’s attached to the end of the damper body and put it back on the bike without the spring and fully compressed it and there’s plenty of clearance.

I also have a 180mm Zeb on the front, neutral head cup and high chainstay position and weigh 95Kg so our setup is nearly identical!

Mine feels really nicely balanced at 180/almost 180. Go for the 65mm stroke, it’s free extra travel and it’s always nice to have bit extra in reserve.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CjP
Dec 23, 2022
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone think a full power Kenevo is coming?
Yep. I think it has to be. When I was still weighing up which way to go, SL or full power, the local Specialized dealer to me had a couple of dates for the current full power Kenevo as coming back in to stock in June. But trying to find a new one anywhere in the size I wanted was impossible. So maybe they will just clear the last of the remaining model before launching a new bike. It seems well overdue to be replaced.

SelfShuttler

Jan 22, 2023
Snowshoe, WV
Yep. I think it has to be. When I was still weighing up which way to go, SL or full power, the local Specialized dealer to me had a couple of dates for the current full power Kenevo as coming back in to stock in June. But trying to find a new one anywhere in the size I wanted was impossible. So maybe they will just clear the last of the remaining model before launching a new bike. It seems well overdue to be replaced.
The current one is dated tho, i would think a mullet is coming?

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
I have an S5 KSL with a 65mm stroke Fox DHX2 running full 29er. #294life :cool: No clearance issues at and gives about 7mm more rear wheel travel. The shock came supplied as 62.5mm stroke so I removed the 2.5mm stroke reducer that’s attached to the end of the damper body and put it back on the bike without the spring and fully compressed it and there’s plenty of clearance.

I also have a 180mm Zeb on the front, neutral head cup and high chainstay position and weigh 95Kg so our setup is nearly identical!

Mine feels really nicely balanced at 180/almost 180. Go for the 65mm stroke, it’s free extra travel and it’s always nice to have bit extra in reserve.
Thanks for the info! Moved back to 29' set up, high chip & neutral head set this weekend and think this is now my preferred set up as covers most terrain. On super steep tracks will likely just pop back into mullet and leave the head set neutral. On the 62.5 vs. 65mm, thanks, the spacer does the job - thanks again ...

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
Do KSLs come with some frame protection pre installed in certain areas like the levos
Definitely complete wrap imo. Also down tube protection like Rockstop is advisable. If riding really rocky stuff then there is a French company that does a very tough looking motor and downtube protector but it’s a lot more money. I can’t remember the name of it but there is a thread on it somewhere.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
1674755090107.jpeg

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I'm currently running a mullet setup on a 2022 S4 S-works.. Steep and high, the BB is sitting at 349.2mm or about 13.75ins (measured from the ground the the middle of the cranks spindle).. not too bad.. Michelin Wild AM2 tires. Based on the geo cal.. this setup would be about 10mm higher with a 29er. I have some 165mm Hope Cranks.. gonna throw them on .. If I go to the bike park.. I'll slack it and set it to low..which I love for that environment.. I generally ride flat FL rooty trails .. which suck for anything lower then 360-370mm BB
-
Additional info. I've been trying out the new I9 305s.. man they are light and strong.. I had a issue with the Hub slipping (once on a step climb) on the Levo full power.. no issues at all on the SL.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
I'm currently running a mullet setup on a 2022 S4 S-works.. Steep and high, the BB is sitting at 349.2mm or about 13.75ins (measured from the ground the the middle of the cranks spindle).. not too bad.. Michelin Wild AM2 tires. Based on the geo cal.. this setup would be about 10mm higher with a 29er. I have some 165mm Hope Cranks.. gonna throw them on .. If I go to the bike park.. I'll slack it and set it to low..which I love for that environment.. I generally ride flat FL rooty trails .. which suck for anything lower then 360-370mm BB
-
Additional info. I've been trying out the new I9 305s.. man they are light and strong.. I had an issue with the Hub slipping (once on a step climb) on the Levo full power.. no issues at all on the SL.

Hope now make cranks that’s SL compatible? For long time Praxis was only option for SL.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
KSL have Mahle motor.

After initially offering a single E-Bike crank to suit ISIS axles, we have now produced three different offsets to suit Specialized, Brose/Yamaha and Bosch motors.

**Please Note**: Compatible with motor systems using an ISIS spline axle/crank arm interface only.

jacksonj51

Nov 11, 2018
Socal
Howdy, been lurking here for 10 days now reading over this thread since just getting an expert s4... great info here!

Just wanted to throw my .02 cents in for droppers even tho its been heavily discussed.

I'm exactly 6' (183cm) with I think a 32" (81cm) inseam on an S4.

After buying 3 different droppers on pinkbike this last week I've settled on the Oneup dropper 210mm 31.6mm shimmed down to 190mm. The 31.6mm probably doesn't matter much even though someone said it squishes down a tiny bit further, I just get them that size cause they fit all my other bikes.

Slammed the dropper sits 68mm out of the seat tube, not ideal but very manageable. The oneup was better than the PNW 200mm because of the shorter overall length mainly stack height. I think I had to shim the PNW down to 180mm. And from flat pedal at lowest point to seat rails was 893mm which turned out to be perfect pedal position and still low enough to be happy with descending.

PXL_20230202_201609958.PORTRAIT (Large).jpg

PXL_20230202_201828545.PORTRAIT (Large).jpg

PXL_20230202_204453314.PORTRAIT (Large).jpg

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL
I just ordered a 180mm 1up based on the mathes I put in their calculator with my current setup. I went with the 34.9 though.. I don't think the smaller ones can handle the weight on the bike stand. I'm 6'3" with about a 34 inseam. I don't mind if there is an inch or so hanging out.. right now, with standard is about 2.5 ins with a 175mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles