Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I had to google it. It’s a replacement seat clamp that allows you alter the angle of your seat on the fly.
The concept interested me because when I had the old Kenevo it came with them Wu dropper. Interesting concept , woefully executed with too little drop and reliability was terrible.

this allows for changing the angle on the fly. Jury is out of it’s an improvement vs a longer dropper or just another thing to add

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California

My spelling was incorrect

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
Does anyone of you know why the Comp model´s seat post in S3/S4 is 150 mm and S5 is 170 mm:
"X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SLR LE lever, 34.9mm, S2: 125mm, S3/S4: 150mm, S5: 170mm"

and at the Expert model S3 is 150 mm and S4/S5 is 170 mm:
"X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SLR LE lever, 34.9mm, S2: 125mm, S3: 150mm, S4/S5: 170mm"

?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
S4 has 170mm. That was a typo unless they changed spec since I got mine

edit - that was for an expert. But I am sure comp is same. You can reach out to double check. They had a lot of errors in the spec when it launched

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
Sad news. A RockShox Super Deluxe Coil does not fit the KSL.
The reservoir is just a few mm too long for the top of the shock tunnel during deep compression.

View attachment 66576
Lucky I added RideWrap there.

I also tried it the other way around but the LSC knob hits the linkage plate.
Oh well. Now we know.

Bummer ?
The deluxe not ultimate might fit. I had a similar issue with the air versions of both, but the reservoir on the non deluxe is a couple mm shorter. The EXT Arma coil does fit FWIW.

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
I had EXT on my previous bike, simply the top for me...
Now I am waiting for the KSL and I have ordered EXT e-storia, the new model optimized for e-bikes.
I'll let you know how it goes. But I'm sure it works perfectly.
In the attached photo I made a photo montage with ext e-storia mounted... the look is good :love:

View attachment 69260
I had the Arma on my last one and it worked well right out of the box. The tune was pretty dialed and traction was great. The stock Performance X2 didn't have enough rebound control for me with the air pressures I run for my weight at 215 ish. The only gripe is the noise the shock creates under squish and rebound. It's very apparent while riding.

Kenevieve

Sep 21, 2021
Perämettä
Hi

Has anyone had any problems with there KSL frame? I have a chance to buy unused S-works bike with very big discount but the current owner has registered it with Specialized so I would be second owner and warranty is then reduced to 2 years for frame.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Changed a couple of parts on my KSL. First up was the standard dropper lever to a light action Wolftooth. The standard one was fine, did it's job no bother but I had a spare lever and some time...very surprised at the difference the Wolftooth made. The action is much lighter and feels better in every way. Sits in a better position now too as my second change removed the matchmaker clamps.

Removed the Code brakes and fitted a set of Hayes Dominions. The brake line on the Hayes is a mm or so larger in diameter so getting it through the chainstay was tricky. Easier to remove the lower suspension linkages and lift the chainstay up so I could pull the line through as pushing wasn't generating enough force to overcome the friction. Again the standard brakes were fine (with different pads) but looking forward to getting these onto the trail.

Still loving the bike, zero regrets. It really is sensational!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Changed a couple of parts on my KSL. First up was the standard dropper lever to a light action Wolftooth. The standard one was fine, did it's job no bother but I had a spare lever and some time...very surprised at the difference the Wolftooth made. The action is much lighter and feels better in every way. Sits in a better position now too as my second change removed the matchmaker clamps.

Removed the Code brakes and fitted a set of Hayes Dominions. The brake line on the Hayes is a mm or so larger in diameter so getting it through the chainstay was tricky. Easier to remove the lower suspension linkages and lift the chainstay up so I could pull the line through as pushing wasn't generating enough force to overcome the friction. Again the standard brakes were fine (with different pads) but looking forward to getting these onto the trail.

Still loving the bike, zero regrets. It really is sensational!
I'm interesting which different pads you use with Sram Code RS brakes

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Waiting for my KSL Comp to get delivered. Going to swap parts from my Enduro and try the one bike route. Unsure what to do with the Fox Performance shock.
Is it rideable or better swap it right away and sell as long as not used? Can transfer a DHX2 from my Decoy but heard it doesn’t last long with the linkage on Enduros. Any experience with DHX on KSL?
Thanx and good ride to all.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Waiting for my KSL Comp to get delivered. Going to swap parts from my Enduro and try the one bike route. Unsure what to do with the Fox Performance shock.
Is it rideable or better swap it right away and sell as long as not used? Can transfer a DHX2 from my Decoy but heard it doesn’t last long with the linkage on Enduros. Any experience with DHX on KSL?
At least I have X2 Performance working well.Very sensitive and doesn't bottom out. But think it depends how much you weight. Me only 75 kg

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I cannot get the frameset anywhere so I am probably going to get COMP version as well and swap to my parts from enduro bike (mainly wheels, ZEB Ultimate fork and nicer cockpit).
One thing that isn't good value to change is the shock.. selling Float-X Performance and buying Float X2 is quite poor proposition in Europe, lots of lost value and Fox stuff is damn overpriced here. So I am also interested in how people find the Float-X. Best to keep the Float-X as back-up shock and get Storia later. But it might just be good enough anyway, the kinematics of this frame are superb to begin with.

There is no performance difference between Performance, Perfomance Elite and Factory when it comes to shocks, they have the same damper, you just lose external dials. But Float-X doesn't have as many as X2 to begin with so starting tune might be ok for most 70-90KG riders.

Is there such a thing on market already like Invisiframe, but with dark tint? To make the dark-grey frame appear deeper black? It looks really nice imho, but it could look nicer. Nit-picking, but we're talking 8-10K Euro bike builds, it needs to feel like the best bike ever :- ).

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It would be nice to see a picture of this upgrade. Have not seen one yet.

Hope 220mm rear disc/brake with +40mm post mount.
65 stroke shock/180mm travel. No rub anywhere
B8546270-9147-43B0-9742-B803B7D63439.jpeg

Kenevieve

Sep 21, 2021
Perämettä
I just got my Sworks yesterday. It is that nice green color and S4 size. I replaced the sock tires with 2.6 Magic Mary/Big Betty combo.
It looks really nice, can't wait for first ride.

Rushcentrale

Sep 25, 2021
Los Angeles, CA

I have the KSL Comp and haven't upgraded the suspension yet. The Float X Performance is more than rideable and is actually pretty great. The traction is surprisingly on point and the shock works really well with the bike.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
There is no performance difference between Performance, Perfomance Elite and Factory when it comes to shocks, they have the same damper, you just lose external dials. But Float-X doesn't have as many as X2 to begin with so starting tune might be ok for most 70-90KG riders.

For what it's worth, going from the Performance/Elite to Factory X2 offers LS/HS Rebound and Compression. The added adjustability and overall performance is better in my experience. I was noticablly better from the first ride after the swap.

Rushcentrale

Sep 25, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Question about the KSL's range:

I've been on 11 rides on my KSL Comp. My average ride distance is 12.42 miles and 2600' elevation. I ride in Trail about 70% of the time and Turbo in 30%. I add about 185lbs to the bike in gear , water and body weight and by the time I end my rides I have less than 10% battery left (no extender). On my longest ride of 13.66 miles and 3189' elevation, I actually ran out of battery on the pedal to the car.

Can any KSL owners report if this seems normal to them? Or might I have an issue with my battery? Because earlier in this megathread, I was reading that owners were getting a good deal more time, distance and elevation than me even when they were running in mostly (or all) in Turbo.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Question about the KSL's range:

I've been on 11 rides on my KSL Comp. My average ride distance is 12.42 miles and 2600' elevation. I ride in Trail about 70% of the time and Turbo in 30%. I add about 185lbs to the bike in gear , water and body weight and by the time I end my rides I have less than 10% battery left (no extender). On my longest ride of 13.66 miles and 3189' elevation, I actually ran out of battery on the pedal to the car.

Can any KSL owners report if this seems normal to them? Or might I have an issue with my battery? Because earlier in this megathread, I was reading that owners were getting a good deal more time, distance and elevation than me even when they were running in mostly (or all) in Turbo.

Seems about right to me, but there's so many factors to consider. When I'm 100% charged, the system gives me an estimated range of 18-20 miles. When I do hard 8-9 mile rides with steep grades and a mix of ECO/Trail and 20-30% turbo mode, I have roughly 60-70% remaining. I try to use Turbo mode as little as possible in the event I bonk and need extra power at the end to get back. On descents and flats, I turn my motor off completely.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles