Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
With aluminum crank swap 😂
And my previous build. Let me know if you want to grab this green frame.

81D70B03-1165-4456-8F1B-15AF23DCCDEC.jpeg

Michaelhe

Feb 12, 2020
what size did you choose?

I’m 5’9, 176cm. Before purchasing my Sworks frame I had hard times to pick between S2 & S3. Size chart puts me on S3, but GEO number says S2 would suit better for my riding style. In the end I went for S3, simply because I couldn’t get S2 from any of my local dealer without huge lead time. It turns out S3 fits me very well with a 35stem. It’s longest bike I have ever ride but it didn’t feel that way. Very nimble and poppy. I’m happy with it. So whilst the numbers looked it’s a huge bike once it’s start rolling it’s prefect, the faster you go the smaller it feels. I would say go with what the size chart recommends.

5322988A-4672-46C2-BA48-374ACB6573F5.jpeg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
The spring is the original EXT and the lenght is choose from Ext calculated on my weight and characteristics.
My EXT is 230x62.5
Here unboxing and mounting:
Any feedback on the EXT performance as of yet? Ironically, just sold off my old Storia V3 from my Levo SL.. so perhaps considering upgrade options on the KSL in the next few months.

Michaelhe

Feb 12, 2020
Nice picture and also nice bike, how do you like that Öhlins in the front?

I like it personally, the Ohlins in the front has coil in it, made the bike even more plush going through chunky trails. It’s consistent so save me trouble fiddling with air pressures and I know exactly how coil bounces on different trails. A couple of things to be aware of if considering Ohlins fork. The axle to crown is 10mm longer/taller compared to Fox 38and RS Zeb, this will change HTA BB and WB slightly but KSL comes with adjustments which can be easily tuned. Secondly, coil is heavier than Air, KSL already nose heavy so do check the weight difference. I went for Ohlins 36 (instead of newer 38)for this reason.
I would like to hear from other Ohlins users too, your experience and tuning.

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
That's why I haven't change to the coil fork. KSL is already nose heavy and I can't change my riding style so much to get used to that heavy nose with extra weight.
BTW Fox 38 is a good fork. Almost set and forget. So at least for a lighter rider.

I only have experience with Performance Elite, but that’s the same as Factory without Kashima

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
That's why I haven't change to the coil fork. KSL is already nose heavy and I can't change my riding style so much to get used to that heavy nose with extra weight.
BTW Fox 38 is a good fork. Almost set and forget. So at least for a lighter rider.

I only have experience with Performance Elite, but that’s the same as Factory without Kashima
Good call. I put a smashpot in the 38 and whilst it was great for plough the extra weight was quite noticeable on this. With a 50lb spring it was getting near to being a 3kg fork! Smashpot will be saved for install in another more suitable fork in the future.

I reverted back to air and it does feel like quite a nice fork (once I burnished the bushings which were quite tight and also got the damper modified to be more consistent in its damping).

Kenevieve

Sep 21, 2021
Perämettä
I have the air version of that RFX 36 in my normal MTB and it is 170 mm so I might do the fork swap between the bikes just out of the curiosity. I don't have enough rides with that Fox 38 that I can say which one is better.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Good call. I put a smashpot in the 38 and whilst it was great for plough the extra weight was quite noticeable on this. With a 50lb spring it was getting near to being a 3kg fork! Smashpot will be saved for install in another more suitable fork in the future.

I reverted back to air and it does feel like quite a nice fork (once I burnished the bushings which were quite tight and also got the damper modified to be more consistent in its damping).
As a rider who struggles with the manuals, the nose heaviness of the bike (especially in slack mode) is noticeable. Just makes everything a bit more of an effort, but it doesn’t affect bump jumps or jumps with any lips for me. Just tech moves take more of an exaggerated motion (IME)

When I get it serviced… I am contemplating adding the Vorsprung secus. Should only at about 130grams, and noticeably improve small bump

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
As a rider who struggles with the manuals, the nose heaviness of the bike (especially in slack mode) is noticeable. Just makes everything a bit more of an effort, but it doesn’t affect bump jumps or jumps with any lips for me. Just tech moves take more of an exaggerated motion (IME)

When I get it serviced… I am contemplating adding the Vorsprung secus. Should only at about 130grams, and noticeably improve small bump
There was a murmur about the Secus getting overwhelmed on repeated hits, not sure of the validity of it but thought I would mention it. I'm putting a lufttkappe in my 38 next week so I'll let you know how that feels.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
There was a murmur about the Secus getting overwhelmed on repeated hits, not sure of the validity of it but thought I would mention it. I'm putting a lufttkappe in my 38 next week so I'll let you know how that feels.
Curious to see how it goes with the luftkappe . Haven’t heard that about the secus, but the mid stroke support valve is pretty novel. Could be a different feel with that

AlpinaD3

Aug 4, 2020
Ostwestfalen
Hi Members,

since Friday happy owner of a KSL. What a nice bike. It is a S5, which fits perfectly to my 1,93 height, first improvement is a new EXT Era Fork.

Does anybody here ride a KSL with a Jade X ? Would like to know if I need new mounting/ spacers ?

Thanks and best
IMG_7712.jpeg

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Hi Members,

since Friday happy owner of a KSL. What a nice bike. It is a S5, which fits perfectly to my 1,93 height, first improvement is a new EXT Era Fork.

Does anybody here ride a KSL with a Jade X ? Would like to know if I need new mounting/ spacers ?

Thanks and best View attachment 74484
Yes I run the Jade X coil with a progressive spring. You need 30x8mm hardware for the top mount only. You can take the hardware out of the original shock and transfer it.

Have you bought the Jade yet? I'm selling mine as I'm having another custom shock built.

AlpinaD3

Aug 4, 2020
Ostwestfalen
T
Yes I run the Jade X coil with a progressive spring. You need 30x8mm hardware for the top mount only. You can take the hardware out of the original shock and transfer it.

Have you bought the Jade yet? I'm selling mine as I'm having another custom shock built.

Hi, thanks for your answer, and yes, i have already bought it.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
I’m trying to get away from the heavy backpack and really don’t want to strap stuff to my frame and scratch it all up over time.
So I present to you....

💥
The Prison Pocket
💥
©™
:ROFLMAO:

6DAE2910-30DF-4019-8486-B089541FD9E8_1_105_c.jpeg

A7F5CE71-72B3-4D25-BF48-2DECA06F845E_1_105_c.jpeg

51285891-1EAC-4BA6-B29F-3E45B4A18756_1_105_c.jpeg

4756BF6A-3904-4DE6-A201-9A0FED0E0FB4_1_105_c.jpeg

F7AC6A98-570A-4FD1-852C-9756914B0E54_1_105_c.jpeg

I wasn't able to use the nylon ripstop bag, also was only able to fit one co2 cartridge, but this will work.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I’m trying to get away from the heavy backpack and really don’t want to strap stuff to my frame and scratch it all up over time.
So I present to you....

💥
The Prison Pocket
💥
©™
:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 74519
View attachment 74520
View attachment 74521
View attachment 74522
View attachment 74523

I wasn't able to use the nylon ripstop bag, also was only able to fit one co2 cartridge, but this will work.
Looks good! Did you make the holder or is it available somewhere

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
First day on my KSL, right away in a bikepark. This bike really rips. Rides like an Enduro, maybe even a little bit more poppy and more planted on the trail and on jumps. Blown away how well it pedals up without motor support. Not a big difference to a heavier enduro rigg.
Will be selling my raspberry S-Works Enduro frame. I freckin love this frame but don’t see the reason for keeping the Enduro next to the KSL.
BTW, does anybody know what´s the best way to shorten the mode shifter cable? Just stick it more into the frame? Is there a proven solution to this problem?

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Looks good! Did you make the holder or is it available somewhere

Which holder, the black bag? The co2, Racer Dynaplug, Wolftooth Pack Pliers are just taped together with electrical tape.

That Tubolito is very impressive! I rarely puncture bad enough to have to throw a tube in on any of my bikes, so I think I'll replace the regular tubes with these in my seat bag on my gavel bike and XC bike just to save some weight and space.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
That Tubolito is very impressive! I rarely puncture bad enough to have to throw a tube in on any of my bikes, so I think I'll replace the regular tubes with these in my seat bag on my gavel bike and XC bike just to save some weight and space.

If you find the Tubolito's useful as backup, then I'd recommend trying the Aerothan tubes from Schwalbe - they are the same idea but higher quality and more reliable when you need them. I've had several Tubolito's fail on first use, whereas the Aerothan's have been faultless so far!

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
If you find the Tubolito's useful as backup, then I'd recommend trying the Aerothan tubes from Schwalbe - they are the same idea but higher quality and more reliable when you need them. I've had several Tubolito's fail on first use, whereas the Aerothan's have been faultless so far!

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles