Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
What is the pedal height from bb center and top saddle with oneup 150 fully slammed into frame? thanks in advance!

Sorry for the delayed response. OneUp alloy pedals (super low profile) 173mm (eyeballed) from bb centre to pedal platform.
550mm or so from bb centre to saddle top (eyeballed).
I don’t have the seat post slammed but I think it’s pretty close.
I’m 175cm tall and my KSL is a S3 size.
I am absolutely loving the sizing and geometry.

Snowdude

Feb 20, 2020
USA
Just got the Kenevo SL. My motor makes a squealing noise with crankarm turning when motor is completely off. And it makes similar noise in the beginning phase of the turn when motor is on. Sent a video to Specialized and they say it's not normal and I am taking my bike to a shop tomorrow. And how freely does the crankarm supposed to turn when motor is off? Anyone had similar issue? Attaching a video file. Don't mind The background ticking noise (that is the bike stand creaking.)

Apparently I can't upload a video file here.

Thanks, guys.

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
Just got the Kenevo SL. My motor makes a squealing noise with crankarm turning when motor is completely off. And it makes similar noise in the beginning phase of the turn when motor is on. Sent a video to Specialized and they say it's not normal and I am taking my bike to a shop tomorrow. And how freely does the crankarm supposed to turn when motor is off? Anyone had similar issue? Attaching a video file. Don't mind The background ticking noise (that is the bike stand creaking.)

Apparently I can't upload a video file here.

Thanks, guys.
I think most people upload it to YouTube and then link it.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Basing on the Pinkbike comments... is there any truth to S-Works having different carbon layup? I know SantaCruz and Yeti offer these (CC & Turq layups) models, but I though S-Works is just fancy paint and overpriced spec.

Also dissapointing to see the broken carbon Praxis cranks. I still remember the RaceFace SL cranks fiasco of hundreds of broken sets, but not much since then.

I was considering the S-Works frameset, but I am not sure the logo is worth the vitriol the bike might face in reality :- ) Did this particular bike crossed the peak snobbery that not even Yeti managed? I would definitely go for stealth build, but the giant white lettering...

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
Basing on the Pinkbike comments... is there any truth to S-Works having different carbon layup? I know SantaCruz and Yeti offer these (CC & Turq layups) models, but I though S-Works is just fancy paint and overpriced spec.

Also dissapointing to see the broken carbon Praxis cranks. I still remember the RaceFace SL cranks fiasco of hundreds of broken sets, but not much since then.

I was considering the S-Works frameset, but I am not sure the logo is worth the vitriol the bike might face in reality :- ) Did this particular bike crossed the peak snobbery that not even Yeti managed? I would definitely go for stealth build, but the giant white lettering...
Usually the sworks is fact 11 carbon and the lower end carbons fact 9 carbon.

according to the specs on specialized website, the ksl and gen 3 Levo the fact 11 extends to pro and expert for Levo, and expert and comp for KSL.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Usually the sworks is fact 11 carbon and the lower end carbons fact 9 carbon.

according to the specs on specialized website, the ksl and gen 3 Levo the fact 11 extends to pro and expert for Levo, and expert and comp for KSL.
If I remember correctly they stopped differentiating the carbon in the S-Works bikes a good few years ago.

Certainly in the ebikes they’ve all been the exact same frames.

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
Certainly in the ebikes they’ve all been the exact same frames.

This is not true, at least for 2021 Levos. All carbon models except for S-works have aluminum rear triangles:

See this bike for an example:

FACT 9m Carbon w/ M5 alloy rear triangle, 29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, dropper post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel

S-works models have carbon rear triangle and use FACT 11m carbon.

On the other hand, Enduro comp is made from FACT 11m carbon, too.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
This is not true, at least for 2021 Levos. All carbon models except for S-works have aluminum rear triangles:

See this bike for an example:

FACT 9m Carbon w/ M5 alloy rear triangle, 29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, dropper post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel

S-works models have carbon rear triangle and use FACT 11m carbon.

On the other hand, Enduro comp is made from FACT 11m carbon, too.
I stand corrected - thanks for this.
Maybe it’s the 2022 that all use the same carbon. I’ll double check.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ok so the 2022 Levo Expert, Pro and S-Works are all full carbon front and rear in 11m carbon, according to Specialized.com

The 2022 Kenevo SL is the same, 11m carbon in Comp, Expert and S-Works variants.

Prior to 2022 models, as @head has pointed out there were variations depending on model / spec.

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Sounds like it’s a very rare case to break like that (carbon). Poor Jason Lucas’ ankle. Honestly can believe his ankle / foot didn’t break! That slo-mo was cringy.
I’m happy with my aluminum Praxis cranks (Expert model).

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Sounds like it’s a very rare case to break like that (carbon). Poor Jason Lucas’ ankle. Honestly can believe his ankle / foot didn’t break! That slo-mo was cringy.

Make me feel all warm and fuzzy having alloy wheels! :giggle:

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Hopefully it's a rarity as I've fitted carbon Praxis cranks to mine lol so far so good!!

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
Hi !

The many threads with cracked crankarms and the actual huck-testresult drove me to swap my carbon cranks from my Levo22 SW to Alloy.

I weighed the right crankarm. 165mm Alloy from Ken22 only weights 15gr. more than the 160mm from Lev22 :oops: (if same pedals have no weight tolerances)

So for me: No chance for carbon cranks !

A4FA0E21-2B0C-4A19-B05F-52BE80146F01.jpeg

55DF63C0-CD1D-45AE-B89B-69D224C90EC6.jpeg

Best regards,

Chris

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Does the Fox 38 that comes with the KSL have the "e-tune" or standard compression tune?
Not sure but this is what Fox list as my fork..

2021 Performance Elite Series 38 FLOAT 29 170

Part number: 910-35-437
Short ID: D8XP
Description: 2021, 38, A, FLOAT, 29in, P-SE, 170, Grip 2, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, Shiny Blk, SBC K06 Cool Grey Gloss/SBC K13 Nearly Black Gloss Logo, Kabolt 110, BLK, 1.5 T, 58HT, 44mm Rake, N/M OE

bepcav82

Aug 8, 2021
Italy
Hi guys, one question for KSL owners:
The steering cap +1° -1° for front shox, is an optional accessory?
Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles