Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

bepcav82

Aug 8, 2021
Italy
It is, but on the Storia order form you need to give them hardware measurements.
No , in the module you can choose to buy or not the hardware kit.
I ordered e-storia and I didn't buy the harware kit because I want to use the fox x2 hardware kit... I hope that's right! :D

MPB_screen 2021-09-04 alle 09.07.21.jpg

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I like the bike for sure but didn't pull the trigger ... kinda hoping for a Expert S2

My reading style is internet and social medial!!! LOL I ride bike park and classic loose/steep single track and twisty single track as well as bike park. I think the Kenevo SL wont be much of an adjustment from my Slayer by the feel of it.

I am 5'7 with 30" inseem ... so the S3 is RAD++ so optimally i am an S2 spec guy. I have a deposit/payment on an S2 Expert. I find out next week when it is supposed to be delivered

S2 at your height is probably best.

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
S2 at your height is probably best.
I am having the same issue, I am 5'8", 30" inseam, currently riding a Levo SL medium which fits me perfectly, the KSL S3 is a little big and the KSL S2 is to small. I have demoed both bikes previously and still having a hard time which direction to go. I will have the S2, S3 and my Levo SL all together at the bike shop tomorrow and I will make a decision.

Michaelhe

Feb 12, 2020
I am having the same issue, I am 5'8", 30" inseam, currently riding a Levo SL medium which fits me perfectly, the KSL S3 is a little big and the KSL S2 is to small. I have demoed both bikes previously and still having a hard time which direction to go. I will have the S2, S3 and my Levo SL all together at the bike shop tomorrow and I will make a decision.

Hi mate, looking at the geo number KSL S2 reach is same as Levo SL M 435, but stem on the KSL is 10mm shorter (45 vs 35mm on the KSL S2) this might be why you feel it’s small on the S2. Perhaps try with 50mm stem? would like to hear your experience trying all three bike sizes. :)

Last edited:

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
The levo sl has a slacker sta which makes the seated cockpit feel longer (hence why I am assuming the ksl s2 feels small). I would siz based on your intent and riding style, and swap stems, rotate handlebar or get ones with different sweep, and/or slide the seat fwd on the rails. The ksl rides likes a big bike. Size s3 if you are embracing that or down if you want nimbler. Either should be able to adjust enough with the aforementioned changes to fit you well

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I have both push and ext l on different bikes and for sure would pick the ext for my next shock.

the push is totally linear and I hear a loud clank on bottom out and the ext has a proper hydraulic stop that adds to keep it from being linear as all springs are and I’ve never heard or felt bottom on. Again different bikes but the ext is the next shock I’d buy. I know the push says it has a hydronic bottom out but if you look at it’s diagram you don’t see anything legit. I’d trade my push for an ext if I could.

one of the leogang bikepark mechanic dudes told me he has the ext too and it’s for sure the best shock, just make sure it gets serviced every year because it’s a complex system so don’t abuse it.
Both the Push and EXT have the same kind of HBO so it's strange you are hearing/feeling anything. Does the Push need to be serviced or has it done that from new? Which model 11.6?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
The ext was great on my sl. In retrospect It was probably a bit overdamped for my preference , but still a fantastic shock. And the “over damped” feeling can be tuned.

the hbo was great, and I miss that (on the front too with my mezzer)

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
Decided to go with the S2, I think it's a better fit, changed the stem from the 35mm to a 40mm and the AXS seat post from 125mm to 150mm because I had them from my Levo SL. I think the S3 would have been to long of a bike for me.

stgsteve

Sep 5, 2021
Italy
Have someone tried to do some laps in full Turbo? how much elevation gain until the battery goes in eco mode? with or without extender...

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Have someone tried to do some laps in full Turbo? how much elevation gain until the battery goes in eco mode? with or without extender...

When I charge the battery, it usually shows 16-19 miles available to use. I can go on avg 6.5 miles of aggressive trail riding with 20+% grades in Turbo, switch backs in trail mode and use about 35-40% of battery power total in roughly 40-45 min.

bike.works

Sep 9, 2021
UK

This is what I managed at BPW, 4 climbs right to the top pretty much all in turbo.

I had just under 20% battery remaining. No range extender used.

Could of got in another climb to the top, but my GF on her full power Levo was tired!!

1631175037717.png

Last edited:

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Going to be heavily dependent on rider weight and fitness as well.. more so than a full fat.

I haven’t blasted around in turbo much, but at my weight (175-180lbs ish) and running primarily 30/90 (custom mode) , I get 20-25 miles, 4kft-4.5kft vert. This is mostly winch and plummet riding (I.e not xc)

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Last ride was 40km with 1500m of elevation over 3hrs of riding mainly in eco and trail mode and came home with 15% battery remaining.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I got 27km/600m vert of quite rocky/technical terrain all Turbo in 1:40min. 27% remaining. Main battery only

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I got 34,5 km 450m vert and average speed 15.5 kmh. All Eco and Trail. 58% remaining. Only main battery. Faster you go, more battery it's eating, because rolling resistant and speed.

stgsteve

Sep 5, 2021
Italy
I went with the same. 150mm
I have a 180mm OneUp as well but found insertion length ended up not much different from the XFusion 150mm

on the S3 the OneUp 150mm is so close to perfection for me. I can get the saddle out of the way when slammed, can still pedal from that lowest height and when extended, I’m in a really good pedalling position.
(I could use 5-10mm more height to achieve perfection)

What is the pedal height from bb center and top saddle with oneup 150 fully slammed into frame? thanks in advance!

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Anyone from Europe was quoted by distributors when they could see the new Comp model delivered?
I see they had plenty of models to order direct from website, but that doesn't work in majority of Europe countries.

Local shops told me to wait for January 2022...or 2023, quoting their exact words, with such a lack of enthusiasm it looked like they couldn't care much either.

bepcav82

Aug 8, 2021
Italy
Anyone from Europe was quoted by distributors when they could see the new Comp model delivered?
I see they had plenty of models to order direct from website, but that doesn't work in majority of Europe countries.

Local shops told me to wait for January 2022...or 2023, quoting their exact words, with such a lack of enthusiasm it looked like they couldn't care much either.
I dont't know for the comp model... but for the Expert I ordered it 4 months ago and I'm still waiting for it... I'm from Italy.

Feb 18, 2021
Central Switzerland

I see different Kenevo SLs available in bike Shops in Switzerland. Sworks, Expert in different colors and sizes and there's one comp in orange listed as well.. ??‍♂️

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I found one orange on german e-shop but that's exactly the color I don't want :- ) And single S4 size only.

The new Black Comp one is almost nicer than S-Works, and the price is so good that just adding my ZEB Ultimate and full XTR over from Capra 29 I will have nicer, cheaper and lighter bike as well. If I could get one.

If not, I'll try to source the S-Works framesets of which there are very few as well..

Snoman

Apr 13, 2021
British Columbia
Decided to go with the S2, I think it's a better fit, changed the stem from the 35mm to a 40mm and the AXS seat post from 125mm to 150mm because I had them from my Levo SL. I think the S3 would have been to long of a bike for me.

What key points made you decide on the S2? Was the slightly longer stem enough to make the cockpit feel more comfortable?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles