Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
Does anyone know if I need to change the headset on a 2022 Kenevo Expert to install a Fox 38 from the standard Boxer?

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I got this one…. Seems to work

IMG_2426.png

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
My Kenevo will now back peddle. What does this mean? I removed the crank arms and spider. Nothing in there. The drive nut for the spider will not rotate backwards anymore...

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Question….. I have looked but have not found it but does anyone have the geometry number's change with the Kenevo elite flip chip? I was wondering about the head angle and bb hight change? Some companies list the changes with flip chip but it seems the big S does not?

rektumrekter

Mar 7, 2023
marseille
It's insane how good is this bike !!!

I ride a scott ransom 29 and ebike giant trance SX pro from 2019 27"5. The giant was lacking so much in downhill, I was only riding the Scott, but i am not super fit, so when i go muscular I do one climb and one descent. Its frustrating sometimes lol.

The Kenevo, is blowing my mind, it go down like the ransom, super capable, the motor is dead silent and super efficient.
My brother rode the giant and I rode the kenevo on the same ride, the giant was loud as fuck lol. And on the same level of assistance he was slower and putting more effort to stay with me. He also rode a lot more on eco mode, because I knew giant was eating battery faster.
At the end of the ride he add consume 595wh vs me 511wh.

The motor on the specialized is something else. And the bike is perfectly balanced going down. I will try 29 in front because I love them on the scott.

Tbh I dont know why buy something else in 2023. I tried some brand before purchase, santacruz, mondraker ... All ok going down, but no wahoo effect with the motor and insane price with bad equipment. The Specialized motor with 700wh is so much better, purchased on sale with AXS, carbon wheel, new motor... Insane.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It's insane how good is this bike !!!

I ride a scott ransom 29 and ebike giant trance SX pro from 2019 27"5. The giant was lacking so much in downhill, I was only riding the Scott, but i am not super fit, so when i go muscular I do one climb and one descent. Its frustrating sometimes lol.

The Kenevo, is blowing my mind, it go down like the ransom, super capable, the motor is dead silent and super efficient.
My brother rode the giant and I rode the kenevo on the same ride, the giant was loud as fuck lol. And on the same level of assistance he was slower and putting more effort to stay with me. He also rode a lot more on eco mode, because I knew giant was eating battery faster.
At the end of the ride he add consume 595wh vs me 511wh.

The motor on the specialized is something else. And the bike is perfectly balanced going down. I will try 29 in front because I love them on the scott.

Tbh I dont know why buy something else in 2023. I tried some brand before purchase, santacruz, mondraker ... All ok going down, but no wahoo effect with the motor and insane price with bad equipment. The Specialized motor with 700wh is so much better, purchased on sale with AXS, carbon wheel, new motor... Insane.
Convert it to full 29er and you will be even more impressed

Nikolaos Tsivis

Oct 19, 2019
Greece
Good day guys.

Unfortunately my Kenevo was stolen a couple days ago... It was a nice bike, I don't think I enjoyed a bike this much ever.

Take care of your bikes and never leave them out of your sight.

Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

Last edited:

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
On an e bike note, I have a 2022 specialized Kenevo and I am looking at maybe going to a proper 27.5 plus wheel and tire setup. The bike comes with 27.5 x 2.6 tires on 29 mm Iw rims. One of the issues with 2.6 tires is the alway seem to be mounted on rims that are to skinny, this makes the “squirm” under load. I am thinking about getting some 40 mm IW rims. I was wondering if anyone has tried this on a Kenevo on here.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
It’s a e bike….. weight is not an issue.
Wide rims for fat bike are not generally designed for the loads a DH style bike takes. Your options are basically nothing.

Wheel weight is one of the most important weight on a bike. I'm running DT swiss aluminum front rim and a Crank brothers DH carbon rear. Neither are light. The DT in the rear didn't hold up and after 1500miles was beyond repair. The DH carbon rim has 1500 miles on it and is still perfect.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I am looking at the Hunt e wide enduros or the wtb HTZ 35i. I ride in north nj USA. The trails are basically rubble piles. North NJ is basically 3 inch of top soil on top of a giant pile of rocks. Light wheels don’t last very long where I ride just like light tires . Before I started riding a 29er Mtb I was on a 27.5 plus bike. Plus tires tend to handle rubble rides better. That’s why I am looking making the Kenevo a 27.5 plus bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles