New 2023 Rise..

Burgo

Jul 9, 2022
Granada
I just got this email teasing a new trail emtb - also attached are a few screen shots of the landing page. Lighter frame, integrated screen and hidden cables (like the new wild??).
Screenshot_20221121-180228_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20221121-180743_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221121-180714_Chrome.jpg

Burgo

Jul 9, 2022
Granada
Second screenshot is the link in the mail?
Yes. The first shot is the mail you get sent (it may be on the web site as well). You have to enter an email address and click the "discover more" button. It'll ask you for your password you registered on the orbea site, and then you land on the next set of pages.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I think they call it a trail bike in the blurb, so just a bigger battery in the carbon model I reckon

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I think they call it a trail bike in the blurb, so just a bigger battery in the carbon model I reckon
But they do refer to it as a new trail e-bike, so I reckon they may have tweaked the geo slightly, maybe made the head angle slightly slacker . There wasnt much wrong with the geo on the current version, aside from the head angle being a bit on the steep side.

I'm going for slightly slacker head angle, 500ish wh battery in the carbon versions (with a weight increase as a result), minor spec and paint changes, but the overall look of the bike to remain the same.

Last edited:

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
If they go for a bigger battery, more fork travel and slacker geometry isn't that just the Wild?
The new wild frame is a lot slimmer that the Rise so I expect them to use a derivative of that.
Looking at the wild at 21kg surely they will be going for sub 16kg downcountry bike.
I would love a 120mm XC full suss, perhaps with a new lighter motor, same battery with range extender.
I love my Rise but for me it is too often overkill for my riding.

JayF

Nov 23, 2022
Germany
According to my dealer, not changes on the geo for the new model. Just 540 battery option for the carbon model, integrated display, and unfortunatelly cable routing trough the headset (like on the new wild. don´t like that at all). So I purchased a 22 Model last week, for a really good price. :)

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
According to my dealer, not changes on the geo for the new model. Just 540 battery option for the carbon model, integrated display, and unfortunatelly cable routing trough the headset (like on the new wild. don´t like that at all). So I purchased a 22 Model last week, for a really good price. :)
Same same here, made a bargain (hopefully) of the M10 2022 with 30% off 😎

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Love my Rise M10, nothing wrong with it and 'only' has the 360WHr battery but matches my 504WHr full-fat Merida for range...

(I do have the Extender for another 252WHr for those really big days!)

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
Same same here, made a bargain (hopefully) of the M10 2022 with 30% off 😎
Me too, went for the base model, h30 as I have a yarI snd set of magura MT5’s doing nothing, arrives next week looking forward to it! Main reason I bought it was I couldn’t decide on which full fat EMatB to but, so put that decision off til spring. The new Wild looks not great valu, almost with I’d bought a 2022 m10 in the sales! Monraker crafty is current choice, no doubt I’ll change my mind 6 times before then ;)

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
According to my dealer, not changes on the geo for the new model. Just 540 battery option for the carbon model,
Interesting. I wonder if that's retrofittable to the original model. you'd expect the larger battery to be physically a bit larger but I can't see how there wouldn't be space in the mk1 carbon. From memory it's just 'space' beyond the top of it towards the head tube.
but of course it is going to add some weight (how much?) and that weight is high up (I think I've heard a comment already that says the new Wild with the larger battery handles worse - and a friend who has the older wild says, as an extreme example, the original wild handles *really* badly if you run it just on the extra 'bottle' batter.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Interesting. I wonder if that's retrofittable to the original model. you'd expect the larger battery to be physically a bit larger but I can't see how there wouldn't be space in the mk1 carbon. From memory it's just 'space' beyond the top of it towards the head tube.
but of course it is going to add some weight (how much?) and that weight is high up (I think I've heard a comment already that says the new Wild with the larger battery handles worse - and a friend who has the older wild says, as an extreme example, the original wild handles *really* badly if you run it just on the extra 'bottle' batter.
On the old wild - you can tell the difference between the 500wh battery (fitted with a spacer, so its the same size as the 625. If you use the native 500wh battery without the spacer then for some silly reason it stays high up in the downtube) and the 625wh battery, the wild with 500wh battery is slightly easier to pick the front up, partly because the weight is not as far up in the downtube as the 625 and partly because its ~700g lighter.

JayF

Nov 23, 2022
Germany
Well, we will know in a few hours.:) The frame will be a little bit redesigned from what I have heard(a bit stiffer, internal display, cable routing through headset, few grams lighter), but sure it will be a bit heavier with the bigger battery. But there are a few tests which states, that the H Modells do not really handle much different from the current carbon modells. So maybe you won´t have a different riding experience.

Last edited:

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Just watching the video now......
Frame look generally the same.
Top model under 16kg
Dongle gone and buttons and levels displayed via bluetootch switch
2 battery sizes available for both carbon and alloy, both lower in weight
Cables via headset on carbon.
New colours.
UK prices look about 400 quid more than 2022.

Glad its not too radically changed, especially as picking up my new M10 this weekend, at a considerable discount.

Last edited:

Wooders

Mar 28, 2019
Oxford
Glad its not too radically changed, especially as picking up my new M10 this weekend, at a considerable discount.

I agree, phew!

I also made a Black Friday purchase of a 2022 MY Rise and am breathing a bit sigh of relief right now! If they'd slackened it out it might have been a bit upset!

On balance, I'll gladly take the £2.5k cost saving over the 400g weight saving (although I'd love it if you could retrofit that 300g lighter battery into my Rise, which I'm sure you won't be able to).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles