2023 Rise H10 Impressions

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
I now have several rides in on my new H10 and have some thoughts:

Pros- Handles like a dream, not at all twitchy but definitely goes where I point it.
The EP801 system seems very efficient with the 540wh battery usage. Rides have averaged 18-20 miles with 2500 feet of elevation gain. 40% battery left using a mix of mainly trail in profile 2 bumped up a couple of notches. 160 lbs with gear. Changes from stock are Assegai front tire, Chromag carbon bars and saddle. Feel fortunate that the stock wheelset came with DT 350 hubs.
Cons-Not much really but need more saddle time. The EP 801 motor is just as noisy in my case as the old EP800. Maybe the reviewers got the "quiet" ones ;)
I do have some imperfections around the head tube of which I've included a photo. Has anyone else seen this and is it considered normal?

Rise H10.jpg Rise Frame.jpg

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Congrats! I almost got a Rise H model myself.

Beautiful color scheme too.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know what I am looking at in the photo? What are the imperfections?

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
Congrats! I almost got a Rise H model myself.

Beautiful color scheme too.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know what I am looking at in the photo? What are the imperfections?
Thanks. What did you end up with? Also, here's a better photo. Not blistered paint but hard like aluminum

118788-1ef3b716d6cf154b88599409f2e287f4.jpg

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Ah. I see.

I can see why you’d ask now. I haven’t seen pictures of other Rise with that, but I suspect those small imperfections would probably be in the range of what’s considered “acceptable”.

I ended up with a Trek Fuel EXe. Initially ordered a Rise, but could not get an ETA for this year after putting in an order 3 months after they announced the new 2023 model. They said they could get me one of the 2022 carbon models (with the smaller battery and older 2021 design) for $3K more… hmm… Whereas I could order a 2023 Trek, have the exact one I wanted built (it hadn’t been built yet), and have it within 6 weeks.

Honestly, that did not instil confidence in me in Orbea’s supply chain, but I still love Orbea bikes (have an Oiz)

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
Ah. I see.

I can see why you’d ask now. I haven’t seen pictures of other Rise with that, but I suspect those small imperfections would probably be in the range of what’s considered “acceptable”.

I ended up with a Trek Fuel EXe. Initially ordered a Rise, but could not get an ETA for this year after putting in an order 3 months after they announced the new 2023 model. They said they could get me one of the 2022 carbon models (with the smaller battery and older 2021 design) for $3K more… hmm… Whereas I could order a 2023 Trek, have the exact one I wanted built (it hadn’t been built yet), and have it within 6 weeks.

Honestly, that did not instil confidence in me in Orbea’s supply chain, but I still love Orbea bikes (have an Oiz)
Congratulations on the new Trek! What are your thoughts as to the positives and negatives of the bike?

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Congratulations on the new Trek! What are your thoughts as to the positives and negatives of the bike?
The Trek is a burly bike. It’s advertised as “trail and light enduro”, and I think that’s spot on.

I feel it’s very stable and capable, yet still pretty light for an e-mtb (40-42 lbs). I also think the electrical integration is elegant and very well done. I’ve had no troubles with my motor so far.

Personally, I’ve come to discover I really enjoy (even) lighter and more nimble. I am very satisfied with my EXe, which opens up more trails for me and is my most versatile MTB, but my Orbea Oiz (~24 lbs) is still my favourite bike.

It’s possible that lighter e-mtb’s or those that are more down-country & trail would be more my style, but those are only starting to emerge…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles