New 2023 Rise..

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
As a mechanical engineer I can not see any constructive reasons, why the new linkage should make a reasonable change in stiffness. In my opinion, for this it would have been necessary to have a bridge between the both upper chain stays. It will be interesting to see the blue paper which bearing size they have used. Cheers
My hunch is that they are just claiming that due to the fea they have done on upper linkage in a vacuum. They eliminated the through bolt fastener from the clevis to the rocker link. It also seems like they may have changed the rocker link from a 2 side isis drive attachment of the arms to more of a modern gxp/dub crank spindle arrangement where it's bonded to one side and the other fastens to the spindle. For sure, this was one of the weakest and most maintenance needy parts of the original M/H series bikes.

kerem

Dec 3, 2022
Turkey - izmir
EP801 is 100 grams heavier then old EP8.

And the new motor supports 600 W. Will be interesting if the RS version of 801 is raised from 350W to 400W?!

EP801, 2.7 kg, 85Nm, 600W (RS version 60Nm, ? W)
EP8, just below 2.6 kg, 85Nm, 500W, (RS version 60Nm, 350W)

540Wh battery same as old H version. New wider 360Wh battery with new cells (lighter). New wider down tube on carbon frame same as old H.
I wonder whether 2022 H 540w battery is swappable(or compatible) with the 2023 360w one, any clues?

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
According to Orbea the 2022 H and 2023 H share the same frame. So the form factor of the batteries are most likely the same. And would be strange if Orbea decided to change connectors etc. so most likely you can fit the new 360 Wh battery in the old 2022 rise hydro.

But we old rise carbon users will be left alone with our slimmer down tubes and more aesthetic looks.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
But we old rise carbon users will be left alone with our slimmer down tubes and more aesthetic looks.
It would be an awesome goodwill offer from orbea to make a replacement battery with the lighter technology to suit our original models.

I'd love to have the new motor and the shimano shifting gear, but overall I'm super happy with my old m10. I've had no major issues apart from the cranks which I just changed out to shorter shimano ones

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
It would be an awesome goodwill offer from orbea to make a replacement battery with the lighter technology to suit our original models.

I'd love to have the new motor and the shimano shifting gear, but overall I'm super happy with my old m10. I've had no major issues apart from the cranks which I just changed out to shorter shimano ones
Which problems did you have with the e13? What length and model did you choose now? Best J

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
According to Orbea the 2022 H and 2023 H share the same frame. So the form factor of the batteries are most likely the same. And would be strange if Orbea decided to change connectors etc. so most likely you can fit the new 360 Wh battery in the old 2022 rise hydro.

Was the 2022 M series frame different to the alloy one? Just bought a H model in the sales and didn’t realise that

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Was the 2022 M series frame different to the alloy one? Just bought a H model in the sales and didn’t realise that
M was the carbon series and H the aluminum series. Both frames are essentially identical as far as geometry goes and ride pretty much exactly the same. The H (2022 for both bikes) series frame is supposedly heavier... but I bet that it's damn near the same as well as the H series is ~1kg heavier then the M, but the H had a bigger battery by ~180wh.

I have an M my best friend has an H. If I have the range extender installed in my bike, I could not tell the difference between the two if I were blind tested between them. I'd of course crash, because I'd be riding with a blindfold, but other then that small nuance, they are the same.

TLDR: you bought the right bike, ride the piss out of it and enjoy it.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
M was the carbon series and H the aluminum series. Both frames are essentially identical as far as geometry goes and ride pretty much exactly the same. The H (2022 for both bikes) series frame is supposedly heavier... but I bet that it's damn near the same as well as the H series is ~1kg heavier then the M, but the H had a bigger battery by ~180wh.

I have an M my best friend has an H. If I have the range extender installed in my bike, I could not tell the difference between the two if I were blind tested between them. I'd of course crash, because I'd be riding with a blindfold, but other then that small nuance, they are the same.

TLDR: you bought the right bike, ride the piss out of it and enjoy it.
Cheers, I'm really happy with it, bought the H30 as I have quite a few 'bits' I can use to upgrade, seems to ride fine out the box though, not that I've done much in this awful weather! Surprised then 60NM doesn't feel much different to my full fat bike, certainly plenty of assist.

Someone said something above that suggested the frame was slimmer on the M models, considered one, but the bigger battery won the argument.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Cheers, I'm really happy with it, bought the H30 as I have quite a few 'bits' I can use to upgrade, seems to ride fine out the box though, not that I've done much in this awful weather! Surprised then 60NM doesn't feel much different to my full fat bike, certainly plenty of assist.

Someone said something above that suggested the frame was slimmer on the M models, considered one, but the bigger battery won the argument.
The 2022 M Series and prior does have a slimmer downtube as the battery is slimmer. The H-series and new M series do have a larger downtube for the different batteries that are used in those bikes that have slightly different specific density and cell shape.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
The 2022 M Series and prior does have a slimmer downtube as the battery is slimmer. The H-series and new M series do have a larger downtube for the different batteries that are used in those bikes that have slightly different specific density and cell shape.
Thanks for that, if I'd known that I may have bought a M series, but I didn't :). Is there much in it?

gimmick_82

Oct 6, 2019
Vienna
Hi,

i got a m10 and i have some questions:

1) is there a general rise 2023 thread anywhere?
2) When I changed the shock, I wanted to check the torque in the blue paper, and it says 6nm, but the screw itself says 10nm?
3) Is it possible to display the battery indicator in the app as a percentage or at least a little larger? or is there an other way to show the battery status without a display, app or without a garmin?

1684357596039.png

4) I would like to replace the rear brake and I need to lay a new line for this. is the line simply plugged through the frame, or is it still clamped somewhere in the frame? do you have to remove the battery to do this? Have somebody already done that?

here is herbert:
herber.jpeg

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
Re: battery 5, yi can download STUnlocker (just the basic version) and that tells you the % and other data. It sends a voice memo reminding you how much battery is left (if you want that). It connects to my Apple Watch to see, also.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi,

i got a m10 and i have some questions:

1) is there a general rise 2023 thread anywhere?
2) When I changed the shock, I wanted to check the torque in the blue paper, and it says 6nm, but the screw itself says 10nm?
3) Is it possible to display the battery indicator in the app as a percentage or at least a little larger? or is there an other way to show the battery status without a display, app or without a garmin?

View attachment 114912

4) I would like to replace the rear brake and I need to lay a new line for this. is the line simply plugged through the frame, or is it still clamped somewhere in the frame? do you have to remove the battery to do this? Have somebody already done that?

here is herbert:
View attachment 114913
Nice bike. Did you get the 360 wh or 540 wh battery? I am curious as to the range with the 540 wh battery.

gimmick_82

Oct 6, 2019
Vienna
Hi,
so today I rode my rise for the first time. used about 5% eco, 85% trail and 10% boost. After 42km and 1500hm there were still 2 bars in the app, whereby the display on the switch had been red for a long time, so I assume that there were 2 bars in the app but definitely <20% remaining battery

signal-2023-05-20-172651.jpeg
signal-2023-05-20-172610.jpeg

I used these settings in trail mode, so set them slightly differently

signal-2023-05-20-172544.jpeg

I have modified a lot on my rise. the dissector that was on the front tire is now in the back, in front is a DHF, float X, newmen SL EG 30 wheels, sqlab 611 saddle, 1x11 drivetrain (to be compatible with my other bikes), slx brakes, cameleon skin. the bike now weighs 19.7 kg with pedals. I will still change the handlebars and stem and install a Lyrik 150mm. Then the bike should weigh 19.5kg. I weigh 83kg ready to ride.

the first ride was great. Similar to my levo SL, but the rise is much faster uphill and has more range.
I will adjust all modes a little more powerfull, I don't need that much range. and if I do, I still have the eco mode.

The only thing that really bothers me is the incredible engine clatter. Even on forest roads with 5km/h and almost flat ground there is some rattling. That can not be normal. if I really shoot in the trail then something rattles, but it is a deeper sound and it sounds like the rattling that you see in many videos about the ep8. but the rather high rattling on the forest roads sounds more as if it would come from the transmission and not from the engine freewheel. Does anyone have any ideas? Is this normal in my video?

kr.
stefan

Last edited:

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi,
so today I rode my rise for the first time. used about 5% eco, 85% trail and 10% boost. After 42km and 1500hm there were still 2 bars in the app, whereby the display on the switch had been red for a long time, so I assume that there were 2 bars in the app but definitely <20% remaining battery

View attachment 115263 View attachment 115264

I used these settings in trail mode, so set them slightly differently

View attachment 115265

I have modified a lot on my rise. the dissector that was on the front tire is now in the back, in front is a DHF, float X, newmen SL EG 30 wheels, sqlab 611 saddle, 1x11 drivetrain (to be compatible with my other bikes), slx brakes, cameleon skin. the bike now weighs 19.7 kg with pedals. I will still change the handlebars and stem and install a Lyrik 150mm. Then the bike should weigh 19.5kg. I weigh 83kg ready to ride.

the first ride was great. Similar to my levo SL, but the rise is much faster uphill and has more range.
I will adjust all modes a little more powerfull, I don't need that much range. and if I do, I still have the eco mode.

The only thing that really bothers me is the incredible engine clatter. Even on forest roads with 5km/h and almost flat ground there is some rattling. That can not be normal. if I really shoot in the trail then something rattles, but it is a deeper sound and it sounds like the rattling that you see in many videos about the ep8. but the rather high rattling on the forest roads sounds more as if it would come from the transmission and not from the engine freewheel. Does anyone have any ideas? Is this normal in my video?

kr.
stefan

The range on the Rise with the 540 wh battery is impressive.

elh

May 24, 2023
Poland
I wonder if the new DI2 M8150 RD will be at all compatible with the EP800. I understand that Freeshift and Autoshift will not work, but will it work at all? I just bought a 2022 H30 and am already feeling some FOMO that Shimano will restrict the usage to the EP801 / EP600 altogether.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles