Levo 2019 HT - Any Riders?

SMJA

Oct 26, 2018
Hertfordshire, UK
Anybody have the Hard Tail? I bought a 2019 Levo Turbo HT as a companion to my Stumpjumper and love it. Well, I now love it after placing those Suntour Front Forks in a small box outside the local charity shop and replacing with Rockshox Revelation 140mm RC 2019's. And popping on an IR 125 Command Post. And going tubeless. And Shimano GR500's to make the wheels go round. The bike is pretty agile and great great fun, not pushed things too hard yet though... getting 25 miles of mixed modes and surfaces with and easy 45%+ remaining.... and that blue is indeed 'nice'.

How have any other riders found the bike? Any set-ups or mods willing to share? Or am I the only one. In Hertfordshire. In the UK. In the world.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
You are not alone ?

I needed an extra battery for my 2018 Levo FSR so I bought a HT for my wife as she does not ride too difficult stuff. So far only things NOT upgraded are: frame, motor, battery, seat, tires and handlebars.

Karsten

SMJA

Oct 26, 2018
Hertfordshire, UK
Since the UK enjoys raining at this time of year have actually done a lot of wet weather riding, through difficult mud and slippy leafy stuff. It handles pretty well, I just let it dance around beneath me and watch out for sharp rocks on the back wheel. I have to say though I'm really impressed. No plan to go full-sus as it's not my primary bike. But it may well end up being. Seen another e-HT take on some really challenging stuff and nothing was wiped out other than the riders serious face. He loved it. Less ploughing through the terrain with the HT it's a bit more alive. I can happily keep up with fullsus eBikes and zip past when it's time for them to get all serious going up. Jumps well too, feels balanced. Of course my teeth are rattled out on the rocky stuff.

SMJA

Oct 26, 2018
Hertfordshire, UK
Perhaps it that Front Fork. It’s criminal. :) Didn’t know US had no HT’s. Might explain the popularity of the fullsuss’ers on the Interweb.

Oohmyknees

Oct 2, 2018
Dorset
I have one, first emtb and am very impressed. Just a shame about the forks and components.

How are you finding the jump from 120mm to 140mm and the change in offset (think it's 47mm to 51mm from Suntour to Rockshox)? Does it mess with anything fundamental?

Glad to hear you're enjoying it and I'm with you re the rocky stuff, very skittish. Has made me think about going FS for my next bike, as much as I'm an HT die hard :cool:

SMJA

Oct 26, 2018
Hertfordshire, UK
No real change to expected handling, though didn’t spend long on the Suntour, just one ride. The 140 works really well and it all fills you with confidence. Will be riding a lot more next coming weeks so will note down any settings, pressures or bits that fell off. That part might well just be the rider. :)

Thomas B.

Oct 21, 2018
Metten17!
Here is another driver. I needed to have the hyper/black men's Turbo Levo HT Comp 29, after I crashed my Haibike Sduro 7.0 with Yamaha PWX within the warranty period. I changed the saddle, attached KEO-Look Pedals, some little mudguards and a optional LED front light "LED LENSER XEO19R" with up to 2000 lumens. Last but not least a 36 sprocket front chainring to be able to reach higher speeds "downhill". Already have 750KM within the first month, Firmware is up to the latest X.23 and Motor 5.0.4 , a "little" noisy 1.3 motor if you drive with high cadence (90 is my preference) around the 25km/h boarder. At the time I took the picture I had some yellow ISSI Roadbike pedals attached.

I use the bike mainly for asphalt bike tracks and some gravel paths, more like "sports touring" then mountain biking, but I love the bike.

I still consider to change the brake discs, because they "whine" a little when you take hard turns.
looking for Shimano ICE tech which solved my noisy brakes on my Haibike.
IMG_0387.jpeg

SMJA

Oct 26, 2018
Hertfordshire, UK
That looks pretty damned cool. Works for anyone with OCD too, some careful colour choices there. :) I'm coping with my saddle. Walk a bit funny after a seated rough road but it works for me so far. Battery is elsewhere on charge....
Levo-Turbo.jpg

Does the rear mudguard stop the saddle and your arse from getting muddy? I don't fancy one of these saddle mounted or blade type things.... Front one I fitted works well though.

Levo-Turbo-2.jpg

Have a Garmin Edge 130 mounted out of the way, works really well. Quite piece of kit for such a little thing.

Bike and rider in black. Ninja style. With a 'Nice Blue' for contrast.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles