Join Us for the EMTB Forums Alps Trip

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Coming Summer 2022. The very first EMTB Forums Exclusive Alpine Adventure.

Extremely Limited numbers! The riding holiday of your dreams 😍

Whose in??

More deets coming soon!

233420551_4251707854944233_1099185113348544634_n.jpg

p5pb21195230.jpg

p5pb21195309.jpg

p5pb21213167.jpg

p5pb21213172.jpg
p5pb21213178.jpg

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I presume you're expecting this to be an ebike only thing given this is emtb forums?

If so, whats the plan for getting the bikes (and batteries) to the alps? I didnt think ebike batteries could travel in the hold of passenger planes as luggage.

Its one of the main reasons I am keeping my normal bike, is to be able to do foreign trips.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I presume you're expecting this to be an ebike only thing given this is emtb forums?

If so, whats the plan for getting the bikes (and batteries) to the alps? I didnt think ebike batteries could travel in the hold of passenger planes as luggage.

Its one of the main reasons I am keeping my normal bike, is to be able to do foreign trips.
Drive/Eurostar

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Drive. Its part of the experience 😀

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Drive. Its part of the experience 😀

ah - southerners only then ;-)

I've driven from manchester to the alps with bikes before - was a right ball ache and more expensive than flying . Will fly if I do it again.

I wouldnt have been on for this trip anyway ,but just wondered if you had some arrangement in mind to hire/borrow batteries at the destination.

As you were......

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I wouldnt have been on for this trip anyway ,but just wondered if you had some arrangement in mind to hire/borrow batteries at the destination.
Sadly no one is equipped for this. The bike shops there are thin on the ground and barely carry spares for the bikes they sell, let alone spare batteries. I do agree though it would make things a lot easier.

I tried an Ebike shipping company too, but the costs were pretty high (IIRC about £250 a bike) from UK to Alps. So I found it cheaper and easier to drive last time.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I wouldn't be able to keep up with your guys, but would be interested in which resorts you'd be looking at. I'm in Hamburg and my brother lives in France and we'd like to meet up in the Alps next summer for some nice flowing runs.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I wouldn't be able to keep up with your guys, but would be interested in which resorts you'd be looking at. I'm in Hamburg and my brother lives in France and we'd like to meet up in the Alps next summer for some nice flowing runs.
Definitely not a race but a more picturesque / experience type ride with some of the worlds best descents and everyone will be riding at their own pace.

Last edited:

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Best way for whom? :p
The guys you ply with free food and wine when they get there.

Funny story, arranged for such a trip with ski bikes a few years ago, we all flew and 3 guys fancied a road trip so volunteered, even commenting they would bring a couple of kegs of the local finest as the local beer / lager is pretty rubbish. Blow me down they bought out over 300 pints of the finest ale which to most Brits would have been infinitely better than the local hoouch.

But it totally screwed the holiday as they were totally rat arsed most of the time and couldn't drive any where, which meant we either joined in or visited 1 of the only two bars in town, which were not the most active of bars. Sitting in some small French chalet in a small French village miles from the ski resort ( cheap accomadation, but we did have transport or so we thought ) was not as planned.

Cost us a fortune in taxi's and we won't be doing that again.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Roadbike Gary has regularly been travelling to the Alps to partake in chairlift accessed DH riding, womanising and partying since 1995.. He prefers the Pyranees and Spain for road biking though
Although he does currently have a valid passport he's among the minority of people here to have travelled between Europe and mainland UK without one.
He also has far cooler stories than Wayne.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
would bring a couple of kegs of the local finest as the local beer / lager is pretty rubbish.
Many of the French micro breweries make several variations of IPA, which from experience, can be really rather good ! That's assuming you don't like all the other beers on offer like Leffe, Grimbergen, Affligem (no that they're French) - which will all put you on your arse in seconds if you're used to downing pint after pint of UK beer.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Totally agree that there are some micro breweries making great beer on the continent, often far stronger than it should be, but in general local beer is of the Leffe style which if you are used to good quality IPA, is Lager and when you have been drinking it heavily for a couple of days, it’s shit on the 3rd day , which is where Wheat beer comes into play, revitalises the taste buds. Now good quality IPA travels well and can be consumed day after day, that’s exactly what it was brewed for. But.

Now I’m a do as the Romans do man and will shun the Brit beers to experience local houch, otherwise why travel, if you want to drink Brit beers it should be consumed in the U.K. and not in France.
He also has far cooler stories than Wayne.
Oh Gary, bet if I said I had a 12 speed rear cassette you would say you have a 13spd because you have read it somewhere on the internet that the latest and greatest is 13spd. Get back in your internet world where you belong.

Back to Robs adventures please.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Oh Gary, bet if I said I had a 12 speed rear cassette you would say you have a 13spd because you have read it somewhere on the internet that the latest and greatest is 13spd.
Keep up at the back… 😉 If you say you’ve got a 12 speed cassette Gary is far more likely to tell you it’s an unnecessary expense and 10 speed is better. He could actually be right too.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Oh, and if I’m going to speed a week getting pissed it’s sure as hell not going to be the week I spunked a fuck-tonne of cash on a biking holiday. 😂

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Yes!

well realistically maybe, im in Morzine beginning of July and then Italy for August. Depending on dates, I could mosey on over, its just up the road and round the corner from Italy - its all one road over there 😀

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles