It’s official. It’s Christmas and Ebikes sucks.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Check yourself gentlemans

Keep in mind many of the 2018 ebikes fit the old Brose Bosch that weights almost a kilo more so even if you said hey batterys were less range meeen! They were still lighter. And don’t ask more range if you want more range buy a fkng extender dude! And another thing, many of them were alloy

Go to the list of the contenders. Weight.

Heres the perfect example

Canyon Sprectral ON

22.5 kgs without an inch of carbon. External battery you can remove and put another if you want more range

First complaints: it doesnt climb well. It has a motor!! How the hell it doesn’t climb well! Cons: Longer chainstays for better climbing! F#* you boomer

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Check yourself gentlemans

Keep in mind many of the 2018 ebikes fit the old Brose Bosch that weights almost a kilo more so even if you said hey batterys were less range meeen! They were still lighter. And don’t ask more range if you want more range buy a fkng extender dude! And another thing, many of them were alloy

Go to the list of the contenders. Weight.

Heres the perfect example

Canyon Sprectral ON

22.5 kgs without an inch of carbon. External battery you can remove and put another if you want more range

First complaints: it doesnt climb well. It has a motor!! How the hell it doesn’t climb well! Cons: Longer chainstays for better climbing! F#* you boomer

Eddy,
Would it be possible to get a short, point form list of your actual frustrations and how you would like to see things change as this thread has become unbearably long and incoherent (I think some people are even making fun of you 🍸)?

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Eddy,
Would it be possible to get a short, point form list of your actual frustrations and how you would like to see things change as this thread has become unbearably long and incoherent (I think some people are even making fun of you 🍸)?

I dont care people I dont know made of fun, I’m fact I understand

Straight to the point? I already said it men, ebikes primal market should be enduro bikers. But we are shit in terms of sales compared with boomers that for some reason now prefer ebikes than fishing or stuff like that. Even if they were riders and want to keep riding (wich is ok) the ebikes are getting SUV look at Norco men, a brand with Whistle dna now made touring ebikes

Now listen, I’m not lose sleep because of that, but i also true like you I guess I spent a lot of time on my ebike and I enjoy. There’s always brands that will do ebikes for us, but less, and less means less choice

Im concern not deeply concerned kinda there’s no planet B

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I dont care people I dont know made of fun, I’m fact I understand

Straight to the point? I already said it men, ebikes primal market should be enduro bikers. But we are shit in terms of sales compared with boomers that for some reason now prefer ebikes than fishing or stuff like that. Even if they were riders and want to keep riding (wich is ok) the ebikes are getting SUV look at Norco men, a brand with Whistle dna now made touring ebikes

Now listen, I’m not lose sleep because of that, but i also true like you I guess I spent a lot of time on my ebike and I enjoy. There’s always brands that will do ebikes for us, but less, and less means less choice

Im concern not deeply concerned kinda there’s no planet B
Well I'm glad you cleared that up ..nice, concise & to the point ..
I would have put the DHF on the rear ...

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
The main point I’m taking from this thread is that the planet and all life on it, is going to end soon.

Which makes me wonder, if everyone is going to die in a terrible, violent and dastardly manner very soon, why are people upset about ebike weight and handling?!

On that topic - I watched a good film last night called ‘Don’t look up’. Its worth watching.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
DHF? Well let’s see what boomers want, they rule, it can be doomed in two years if boomers don’t like them.

Look, this is another example how silly the thing is going

They sell you, Norco by not going far, a 10k ebike with alloy chainstays. and not only them, plenty of brands do it. You piece of … if I need carbon, is on the chainstays, not on the frame! At least if you want to justify expensive stuff because of carbon do it where it matters no where it mades the frame look sharper, asshole. But hey, the boomers are happy because it also weight less. From 26 to 25.5 that’s nice.

And if you don’t like my threads don’t answe, simply as that. Reminds of cyberbulling is a real issue, just walk away of the screen men.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Oh don’t look up. A nerd who wants to save the world a bunch of idiots republicans that don’t listen to him . It reminds of somebody and some situation but I don’t know what is now. Yeah. People that don’t take the vaccine are idiots they are going to kill everybody it should be mandatory or lock them forever. Oh by the way look your smartphone your ID pass is going to end soon, please take your booster If you wanna keep your job. It’s for you safe and others safe. Hehehe

The main point I’m taking from this thread is that the planet and all life on it, is going to end soon.

Which makes me wonder, if everyone is going to die in a terrible, violent and dastardly manner very soon, why are people upset about ebike weight and handling?!

On that topic - I watched a good film last night called ‘Don’t look up’. Its worth watching.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Oh don’t look up. A nerd who wants to save the world a bunch of idiots republicans that don’t listen to him . It reminds of somebody and some situation but I don’t know what is now. Yeah. People that don’t take the vaccine are idiots they are going to kill everybody it should be mandatory or lock them forever. Oh by the way look your smartphone your ID pass is going to end soon, please take your booster If you wanna keep your job. It’s for you safe and others safe. Hehehe

I agree, governments and other institutions as likely using the covid pandemic to their own benefit. Its very Orwellian, whats happening at the moment.

That said, I have no real influence in these matters, so I’m trying to not get frustrated by them - currently sat in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere avoiding the noise and chaos that surrounds us in normal life. But for me, thats what bikes are about - getting away from the noise and BS of the media etc.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Absolutely. This thread is highly entertaining and makes a nice change from the incessant “What colour Levo is the fasterest?” threads.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Glad you raised it, I’ve been wondering; what colour Levo is the fasterest?

I’m betting that sworks colour.
I think on average, either of the S-Works 2 tone colours will be faster than the others. Whilst some of the solid coloured levo's will undoubtedly be faster in certain conditions - hot,cold,wet,dry - two tone gives you a faster colour when considered over all riding conditions.

The Metallic White/Chrome, will be slightly faster than the Blue Ghost/Black as the light will reflect faster off the gloss finish as opposed to the matt finish. The fade on this bike will also create some optical cavitation which could cause a disruption of air flow round the frame at higher speeds o_O

You have to keep in mind though, it's completely academic. With a 38mm fork, 160/150 travel, adjustable geometry, 90nm motor, 700wh battery and a 22kg weight - it's only going to be bought by slow old people to ride trails and will never go more than 7kph and therefore would never be suitable for drug fuelled (or forgot to take their meds) conspiracy theorists who are without a doubt, the fastest and best riders in the world.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I think on average, either of the S-Works 2 tone colours will be faster than the others. Whilst some of the solid coloured levo's will undoubtedly be faster in certain conditions - hot,cold,wet,dry - two tone gives you a faster colour when considered over all riding conditions.

The Metallic White/Chrome, will be slightly faster than the Blue Ghost/Black as the light will reflect faster off the gloss finish as opposed to the matt finish. The fade on this bike will also create some optical cavitation which could cause a disruption of air flow round the frame at higher speeds o_O

You have to keep in mind though, it's completely academic. With a 38mm fork, 160/150 travel, adjustable geometry, 90nm motor, 700wh battery and a 22kg weight - it's only going to be bought by slow old people to ride trails and will never go more than 7kph and therefore would never be suitable for drug fuelled (or forgot to take their meds) conspiracy theorists who are without a doubt, the fastest and best riders in the world.

😀

I was going for ‘black’ tbh 😀

Although I do find, if you mention the name “Bilderberg Group” three times when riding any downhill, it instantly shaves 30 seconds off any time 👍

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
(or forgot to take their meds) conspiracy theorists who are without a doubt, the fastest and best riders in the world.

20211229_085453.jpg

Thanks Zimm...
Almost forgot this morning ...

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
I already said it men, ebikes primal market should be enduro bikers. But we are shit in terms of sales compared with boomers that for some reason now prefer ebikes than fishing or stuff like that.

You belong to marginal and from there you quite seldom get to define what will be produced or not. Deal with it.

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
I think my previous estimate of Ed's position may have been unfair.

I now think that he may unfortunately be a person suffering what are these days, euphemistically referred to as 'issues'... 😞

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I think my previous estimate of Ed's position may have been unfair.

I now think that he may unfortunately be a person suffering what are these days, euphemistically referred to as 'issues'... 😞

Ed’s only issue is he can’t get a lightweight, 27.5, short wheel base, DH geo e bike in time before doomsday next year!?

Really isn’t too much to ask is it

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
DHF? Well let’s see what boomers want, they rule, it can be doomed in two years if boomers don’t like them.

Look, this is another example how silly the thing is going

They sell you, Norco by not going far, a 10k ebike with alloy chainstays. and not only them, plenty of brands do it. You piece of … if I need carbon, is on the chainstays, not on the frame! At least if you want to justify expensive stuff because of carbon do it where it matters no where it mades the frame look sharper, asshole. But hey, the boomers are happy because it also weight less. From 26 to 25.5 that’s nice.

And if you don’t like my threads don’t answe, simply as that. Reminds of cyberbulling is a real issue, just walk away of the screen men.
Buy a Gen3 Levo and be done. F- Norco

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Hi Rusty. That’s really a serious statement. You need more than the happy merchant meme on a corner to acuse somebody of that dude. Rob is also there don’t mean I’m anti Anglo. Happy merchant even is many times used to create antisemitic stuff is available and free on google and I don’t think google is antisemitic, in fact i think one of the owners is jew. Let me tell you, if you don’t want to take the vaccine, for example, doesn’t mean you’re antivax. Same on the happy merchant meme.

One of which is antisemitism. Eddy is not right in the head.

View attachment 78939

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi Rusty. That’s really a serious statement. You need more than the happy merchant meme on a corner to acuse somebody of that dude. Rob is also there don’t mean I’m anti Anglo. Happy merchant even is many times used to create antisemitic stuff is available and free on google and I don’t think google is antisemitic, in fact i think one of the owners is jew. Let me tell you, if you don’t want to take the vaccine, for example, doesn’t mean you’re antivax. Same on the happy merchant meme.
I'm not sure how to say this in a way which won't sound like a conspiracy theory .. but sometimes saying nothing is better than ......

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles