It’s official. It’s Christmas and Ebikes sucks.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think it's called the Ötzi syndrome.
Interestingly - from that link :

More specific estimates stated that there was a 66% chance he died between 3239 and 3105 BC, a 33% chance he died between 3359 and 3294 BC, and a 1% chance he died between 3277 and 3268 BC.

Which is exactly the same numbers as this threads survey - of 66% had an e-bike already. 33% didn't and 1% said "what's an ebike" (They were 93). I think that's one for Eddy to put on the conspiracy list if ever the was one. Zee standard German 66/33/1 survey result !

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Seems the jury's out on whether ebikes are shit or not, I quite like mine.
However, it is Christmas, so that part is true at least.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Seems the jury's out on whether ebikes are shit or not, I quite like mine.
However, it is Christmas, so that part is true at least.
I think its just people who don't have ebikes who don't like them. Funny that, as you'd have thought if you didn't like EMtbs, you wouldn't buy one...

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I love my EBike but as for Xmas
44F6B0BB-5BA3-4907-8E67-8A8A26B7B5F9.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Interestingly - from that link :

More specific estimates stated that there was a 66% chance he died between 3239 and 3105 BC, a 33% chance he died between 3359 and 3294 BC, and a 1% chance he died between 3277 and 3268 BC.

Which is exactly the same numbers as this threads survey - of 66% had an e-bike already. 33% didn't and 1% said "what's an ebike" (They were 93). I think that's one for Eddy to put on the conspiracy list if ever the was one. Zee standard German 66/33/1 survey result !
Germany had it's first Omicron death today. This was reported as :

Germany's Robert Koch Institute for infectious disease has confirmed the country's first death from the Omicron variant.

The person was between the age of 60 and 79, the institute said.

I'm not sure how you work out ages in Germany, but there seems to be upto a 30% discrepancy when calculating age if you just died now, or 5000 years ago.

I can see why @BAMBAMODA likes it so much there now .. When ladies ask how old he is, age is apparently not an exact figure in Germany, he's just between 30 and 53.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I think its just people who don't have ebikes who don't like them
Nope!

They do suck.

I much prefer riding my normal bikes everywhere except dull XC or uphill to my Emtb. And mine is about as nimble as they come and just 47lb all in (full PWR motor/battery)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Nope!

They do suck.

I much prefer riding my normal bikes everywhere except dull XC or uphill to my Emtb. And mine is about as nimble as they come and just 47lb all in (full PWR motor/battery)
Have you been on the drink again Gary ?
Where is this place known as Emtb?😁...
Your opinion is well noted ..but I think the majority on here would disagree..just saying ..
Merry Christmas !

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I love my EBike but as for Xmas
View attachment 78557

Im with you there mate. Christmas is great but I’ve spent the last 30 odd days with overhyped kids, christmas music playing out of every fcking speaker all day long, and a stressed wife who has drunk her way through the month in a bad mood with the world. Now the next two days is filled with the folks, the in laws, an even more stressed out wife and even more overhyped children 🤦‍♂️

Boxing day means the emtb comes out again!!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
think the majority on here would disagree..just saying ..
Merry Christmas !
No doubt.
But the majority on here probably wouldn't know what to do with a small light nimble mtb in the first place. Drunk or not.
Merry Christmas dude! 🎅

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
But the majority on here probably wouldn't know what to do with a small light nimble mtb in the first place.
Sorry, but that's completely incorrect and very insulting to most of us.

We'd obviously immediately strip it of most of it's components, upgrade them to the largest stiffest forks possible so they won't break when we drive into the back of a car at 60kph, Stick on some random cool looking coil not caring a sh1t if the bike is suitable - because it LOOKS COOL DUDE ! Upgrade the brakes to whatever pretty colours give the best performance and stick on 3kg's of tyres so we can use it as a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel. Maybe tastefully limit ourselves to €200 in stickers.

Then admire it over several very fruity alcoholic drinks, give the top tube a quick rub down, wish it sayonara and enjoy our purchase !

Sorted .. now f. off ! :p :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(I can only speak of my own experiences)

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
No doubt.
But the majority on here probably wouldn't know what to do with a small light nimble mtb in the first place. Drunk or not.
Merry Christmas dude! 🎅

Sell it and put the money towards an emtb... 🤔

I honestly don't know why you come on this forum, there's a clue in the title after all.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Im with you there mate. Christmas is great but I’ve spent the last 30 odd days with overhyped kids, christmas music playing out of every fcking speaker all day long, and a stressed wife who has drunk her way through the month in a bad mood with the world. Now the next two days is filled with the folks, the in laws, an even more stressed out wife and even more overhyped children 🤦‍♂️

Boxing day means the emtb comes out again!!
Boxing day is my wife bday 🎂 . The fun never ends .

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Thats Brutal; I get a couple of days off to try and grow my hair back, my wife’s is the 28th 🎂

My wife has the SAME birthday! And you better NOT forget it and make SURE you get her something MORE special than you JUST got her for Christmas or you will NOT stop hearing about it until your birthday when you can finally tell her to put a sock in it. :rolleyes: Then again, my wife is the most wonderfulest person in the world and I love her more than life itself and even more than my bikes (she just came in the room and asked what I was typing). I am going to need a better birthday present.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
My wife has the SAME birthday! And you better NOT forget it and make SURE you get her something MORE special than you JUST got her for Christmas or you will NOT stop hearing about it until your birthday when you can finally tell her to put a sock in it. :rolleyes: Then again, my wife is the most wonderfulest person in the world and I love her more than life itself and even more than my bikes (she just came in the room and asked what I was typing). I am going to need a better birthday present.
Yeah I forgot Xmas present and birthday present . I think I may of saved it with tickets too Daniel craigh movie this arvo . My niece bought the tickets online for me yesterday.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Moar for you, damn swallowers. This is from Norco, a brand that born at the feet of the Whistler, they always brag about it and remind you like a kind of racing pedigree.

Our conclusion on the Norco Sight VLT C1
With its huge battery capacity, useful features and balanced riding position, the Canadian brand have made a capable touring bike that generates a lot of traction and instils you with confidence on the descents. It’s an astonishingly beginner-friendly bike, especially on machine-built trails, offering intuitive and extremely composed handling.

Reagan said once: The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.

In emtb the words you don’t want to hear, neva, are: huge, balanced, composed, comfortable, excellent climber, confidence, intuitive, stable, outstanding etc

Its 2023 all we are almost die because pandemics or climatic change. The few survivors will live in a world like this.

8AC23783-E296-4D0B-ACC9-3AE1C60CED90.jpeg

WAKE UP!

Last edited:

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Moar for you, damn swallowers. This is from Norco, a brand that born at the feet of the Whistler, they always brag about it and remind you like a kind of racing pedigree.

Our conclusion on the Norco Sight VLT C1
With its huge battery capacity, useful features and balanced riding position, the Canadian brand have made a capable touring bike that generates a lot of traction and instils you with confidence on the descents. It’s an astonishingly beginner-friendly bike, especially on machine-built trails, offering intuitive and extremely composed handling.

Reagan said once: The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.

In emtb the words you don’t want to hear, neva, are: huge, balanced, composed, comfortable, excellent climber, confidence, intuitive, stable, outstanding etc

Its 2023 all we are almost die because pandemics or climatic change. The few survivors will live in a world like this.

View attachment 78927

WAKE UP!
Despite my best efforts to understand what's got your panties in a wad, I can't figure out what the fuck you're so worked up about

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
You don’t need to be an expert. In 2018 where the battery were 2.6 kgs, compact, low, 27.5 wheels and shorter ebikes, and they already sucks, but we’ll, they got a motor that boost you up the hill in exchange

What I mean is instead to keep there where like I said it’s was on the limit, the boomers like ebikes and they want more range 29ers and climb and descend effortlessly

You see decent ebikes like Norco become a touring ebike for begginers, trek becoming more large and heavy in order to fit more battery for the boomer (maybe he want to reach Philippines and back) you got navigation systems integrated bigger than the one MB S class got …

What they do to for experts like me? Shitty SL ebikes no punch no range. Bitch i don’t want a ebike that handles like a bike I want a ebike that handles like an ebike not like a MX

Oakley Aviators!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles