It’s official. It’s Christmas and Ebikes sucks.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Do you remember some of my celeb threads (conspirancy apart) claiming ebikes are towards to be E-SUVs rather than more racing feeling? 29ers sucks, suspension sucks, more batterry sucks

Remember when I told y’all about how basketball shoes ended into a fashion cloth?

Well, here’s why ebikes goes the same direction

So yes, the big market on ebikes is for 50+ people. And what a 50+ man do on a ebike? Touring. What’s good for touring? Comfy (linear) suspension, range (more battery=weight) safe (long wheelbase, 29er)

In 2018 the average ebike was 22kgs, 27.5, some uses long chainstays because well, with a motor climbing is also fun, but they were shorter reach and steeper head angle.

Once again my dear friends kneel and repeat with me (ebikes) suck suck suck!

Have a happy CHRISTmas, a typical occidental/european party in case you forgot. Family gathering, happy kids, is all about roots.

George Michael approves this message

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
From the same article ..
What kind of terrain do you ride?
As far as your preferred terrain is concerned, technical trails come first, making up 36%, whereby 21% also like taking on challenging climbs aboard their eMTB, thanks to the motor. Forest roads come in second place with 34%, followed by easy trails at 26%. 4% prefer to ride on asphalt.

E-MTB_027_Leserumfrage_Illus_INT5-Cropped-1140x166.png

So the majority of riders are touring on technical trails ? ...don't think so ..not that I want to get into a discussion about it as I really couldn't give a flying fcuk..but surveys like this are pretty pointless as you can just cherry pick certain stats to try & prove the point you are making 😉 😁

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
What a answer dude, what an answer
From the same article ..
What kind of terrain do you ride?
As far as your preferred terrain is concerned, technical trails come first, making up 36%, whereby 21% also like taking on challenging climbs aboard their eMTB, thanks to the motor. Forest roads come in second place with 34%, followed by easy trails at 26%. 4% prefer to ride on asphalt.

E-MTB_027_Leserumfrage_Illus_INT5-Cropped-1140x166.png

So the majority of riders are touring on technical trails ? ...don't think so ..not that I want to get into a discussion about it as I really couldn't give a flying fcuk..but surveys like this are pretty pointless as you can just cherry pick certain stats to try & prove the point you are making 😉 😁

What an answer dude, what an answer. I can get a vw polo tdi, ride in Nurburgring and then if they ask me what kind of tracks do you ride? I can assure you Nurburgring is plenty of Biden’s look alike with his rayban aviator (so is Philipines and place like that hehehe) driving his droptop slow like a turtle … by the way have you noticed 34% forest roads plus 26% easy single track is 50%?

Georgie is very disappointed with you men. Don’t do that again.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
FFS - I can't get the thought out of my mind .... if you want a DH or jumps bike, then go buy one.

Me, I have been on a 29er since before they were common. Love them and have no wish to go back to a 26" wheel. 27.5 is just a marketing tool as most I see on 27'5 rims run 2.8 tires, which usually are heavier and less responsive than a 2.4 or 2.5 29" wheel.
Suspension sucks? Obviously you don't know how to set it up correctly. Last year I had the opportunity to ride a bunch of bikes from a rental fleet that were all identical other than suspension set-up. Ranged between spongy wallowing to so harsh my wrists hurt. In between there were a couple very well setup for my svelt 110 kegs and the grade 4 trails I was riding. Personally I suck at setting up my bike on my own and need someone knowledgeable to help me nail my sweet spot.
More battery sucks? Hell no. I may be an old bastard, but I love 3-5 hour rides with 1000M + climbing. Can't do that with a 375Wh battery. Hell, I can't do it with a 504Wh battery - 625Wh to 700Wh is a perfect sweet spot. Yes I come back from some rides with heaps of battery left, but I also come back with nothing left.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The survey should have included..
1. How many bones have you broken? None
2. How many ebikes have you had stolen? None
3. How many eBikes have you broken? One - cracked frame.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
but surveys like this are pretty pointless as you can just cherry pick certain stats to try & prove the point you are making
Like he says. What I see is this :

1640074892465.png

50+ Average age - The average age of people who can be arsed filling out an on-line survey. Younger people don't give a poop, were riding their bike, were pissed or having sex (with a disproportionate number of animals in Wales).

93 Oldest Participant - so we all know, 93 is the cut of point when we can't really see or use the keys anymore or remember if we answered question 1 when we got to question 4 - where is the damned submit button anyway ... snore ...

5% Proportion of Women - 95% of women prefer filling out surveys about makeup, handbags and jewellery in the hope they'll win one of those instead.

1640075167557.png

€76k - 100% of applicants figures did not co-incide with their tax returns.

63% have a degree - People who liked writing crap and tests after secondary school, still like writing crap and filling out forms in their 50's.

4% - Doctorate. 96% of people with a doctorate have got fed up with filling out forms and don't bother anymore.

1640075417017.png

Lets not go into that as Eddy will be pointing out that Statistics are being fairly used to prove his point and are being manipulated to counter his point.

1640075530731.png

As you'd expect 66% of people who filled out a survey on an E M T B website owned an EMTB.

34% (or 24% for Eddy) DON'T !!! own an EMTB - which shows that during Covid people are really really fecking bored and will fill out any old survey - which also shows that 34% of respondents, who don't even own an EMTB, wouldn't of had a fecking clue what they were answering.

1640075818092.png

The 4% of people who bought ploddy bikes to ride on the road were slightly more pleased with their bikes than other people.

The 1 Pivot owner who completed the survey before realising the prize was a Haibike, was pleased with their bike.

The YT owners who were still strugging to contact YT about their problems were unfortunately too busy to complete the survey.

The most interesting thing about this survey is that most owners own a haibike or would buy a haibike next and the prize for the survey is .. a Haibike and it's sponsored by Haibike ...

So what this basically tells us is that 66% of people who completed the survey have an e-bike and don't really care what the next one looks like if it's free. Meanwhile 34%, didn't have an e-bike and would even take a Haibike if it's free as it's better than nothing.

100% of the people who didn't complete the survey really really didn't want a Haibike even if it was free.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Majority of the survey was undertaken by German population. Everyone knows they only use ebikes to cycle into forests for golden shower orgies.

you're giving Bambam's secrets away🤫
I don't think that's a secret ? I thought it was part of how @BAMBAMODA met ladies ? "Hi, I'm Bambam, you're not cold now are you ?"

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Like he says. What I see is this :

View attachment 78496

50+ Average age - The average age of people who can be arsed filling out an on-line survey. Younger people don't give a poop, were riding their bike, were pissed or having sex (with a disproportionate number of animals in Wales).

93 Oldest Participant - so we all know, 93 is the cut of point when we can't really see or use the keys anymore or remember if we answered question 1 when we got to question 4 - where is the damned submit button anyway ... snore ...

5% Proportion of Women - 95% of women prefer filling out surveys about makeup, handbags and jewellery in the hope they'll win one of those instead.

View attachment 78497

€76k - 100% of applicants figures did not co-incide with their tax returns.

63% have a degree - People who liked writing crap and tests after secondary school, still like writing crap and filling out forms in their 50's.

4% - Doctorate. 96% of people with a doctorate have got fed up with filling out forms and don't bother anymore.

View attachment 78498

Lets not go into that as Eddy will be pointing out that Statistics are being fairly used to prove his point and are being manipulated to counter his point.

View attachment 78499

As you'd expect 66% of people who filled out a survey on an E M T B website owned an EMTB.

34% (or 24% for Eddy) DON'T !!! own an EMTB - which shows that during Covid people are really really fecking bored and will fill out any old survey - which also shows that 34% of respondents, who don't even own an EMTB, wouldn't of had a fecking clue what they were answering.

View attachment 78500

The 4% of people who bought ploddy bikes to ride on the road were slightly more pleased with their bikes than other people.

The 1 Pivot owner who completed the survey before realising the prize was a Haibike, was pleased with their bike.

The YT owners who were still strugging to contact YT about their problems were unfortunately too busy to complete the survey.

The most interesting thing about this survey is that most owners own a haibike or would buy a haibike next and the prize for the survey is .. a Haibike and it's sponsored by Haibike ...

So what this basically tells us is that 66% of people who completed the survey have an e-bike and don't really care what the next one looks like if it's free. Meanwhile 34%, didn't have an e-bike and would even take a Haibike if it's free as it's better than nothing.

100% of the people who didn't complete the survey really really didn't want a Haibike even if it was free.
Its rare that I agree with everything written, but this is as close as it comes.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm 40 . I use my eeb as a bike . To ride on . I don't even understand wtf this rant is even about ?
The odds are that Eddy doesn't even know what the rant is about, especially as most of his examples of his "knowledge" weren't even mentioned in the survey.

Primarily though I think it's about how Fish, people who fish, bait choice and such like - interact with and affect the world of EMTB.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
The odds are that Eddy doesn't even know what the rant is about, especially as most of his examples of his "knowledge" weren't even mentioned in the survey.

Primarily though I think it's about how Fish, people who fish, bait choice and such like - interact with and affect the world of EMTB.

I knew it!

Dont get me started on hook and line choice; its a dangerous world we live in, especially as Shimano have just released their latest fishing rod line of products!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I typed this yesterday in reply to another thread... But it seems very fitting here.
Bikes are awesome. An awful lot of folk make up excuses for sucking at bikes. Often blaming the bike or claiming its the wrong type of bike etc. The harsh reality is it often has very little to do with the bike at all but absolutely tons to do with not actually riding bikes enough.

Over 50 rider here. Fancy a wee challenge to a little riding contest? Might determine which camp you lie in. 🤔😏

Happy Christmas Ed.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion

Oh . It's about fishing . Fuck I love fishing 🎣 fly fishing, bait fishing, lure fishing . Sober fishing , fucking high as fishing . Ice fishing . Boat fishing . Actually haven't been ice fishing 😕 . But I'd totally do it if I lived somewhere where it got so fucking cold everything freezes 🥶 .

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I typed this yesterday in reply to another thread... But it seems very fitting here.

Over 50 rider here. Fancy a wee challenge to a little riding contest? Might determine which camp you lie in. 🤔😏

Happy Christmas Ed.
c'mon man, you're not actually advocating personal responsibility here are ya?
everyone knows that it's the gear ! same with guitars, if you buy a new and more expensive guitar than you already have you will be instantly better as soon as you leave the shop !
another great example is if I had bought the S-Works Levo instead of the lowly poor mans comp, I would be clearing all the jumps on enter the dragon by now and my core strength stats would also have shot through the roof..
as it is, I have to deal with the fact that I cant even clear popty ping, have the core strength of a freshly gutted mackerel and cant choose the right lines on any blue trails anywhere..
and its all down to the bike.. for sure, no question..

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
In three years if we still alive (climatic change, pandemics you know) ebikes will be like: 26 kgs 900wh 500 chainstays leaf suspension 32inch wheels and aviators replace Oakley jawbreakers as the most popular biking sunglasses. No more Alps, no more Whistle, Philipines trails become the place to go.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No more Alps
Bloody spades and pick axe's, they should ban them now - I can't believe a few morons will remove them over a couple of weekends.

no more Whistle
Agreed, Whistles are awfully noisy and rude for no reason.

Philipines
It's nice to know that when the Duke of Edinburgh finally leaves us, Greece or the UK will convert a pine forest into an MTB park in his memory , despite his lack of interest on the subject to this date. Go Philip ! (y) Merci !

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
Oh . It's about fishing . Fuck I love fishing 🎣 fly fishing, bait fishing, lure fishing . Sober fishing , fucking high as fishing . Ice fishing . Boat fishing . Actually haven't been ice fishing 😕 . But I'd totally do it if I lived somewhere where it got so fucking cold everything freezes 🥶 .
Is it just me or did anyone else mentally replace the h with a t whilst reading this 🤔 😅

Steve

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
What a massively shitty generalisation.

I know a load of late 40, early 50 year old MTB'ers that throw themselves at shit like they were in there 20's.

Throwing themselves at shit is chimpanzees. Or is that throwing shit at themselves? I can never remember.....

Personally at 57, I ride around piles of shit, often with reckless amounts of speed for someone of my ability. As for 50 year olds touring, this year I started learning to jump. So there's that...

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles