is there a new heckler coming this year (2024)??

JayGoodrich

Aug 11, 2023
Alpine, Wyoming
Shimano has patented a new motor system that is “dubbed” for road and gravel biking. Read: Shimano Might Be Developing a Lighter, More Compact e-Bike System for Road & Gravel

If you listen to The Roller Door — Santa Cruz’s podcast, Garen did a piece on their e-bikes with their e-bike engineers. At the end they talk about what’s coming. Nothing specific, but lots of things in development.

Santa Cruz is also pushing an in-house sale on Heckler and Bullit.

Unrelated… I was told from a shop owner prior to the Shimano patents that Shimano is working on a new lighter and more compact eMTB motor. I was also told that this motor was a late spring release.

I would say something is definitely coming, but I feel it could be released in fall just like the Heckler SL. This would allow them to start selling, but not be overwhelmed by retail sales during the main bike purchasing season.

I personally wouldn’t buy a Heckler right now unless the current model is absolutely your dream bike.

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Shimano has patented a new motor system that is “dubbed” for road and gravel biking. Read: Shimano Might Be Developing a Lighter, More Compact e-Bike System for Road & Gravel

If you listen to The Roller Door — Santa Cruz’s podcast, Garen did a piece on their e-bikes with their e-bike engineers. At the end they talk about what’s coming. Nothing specific, but lots of things in development.

Santa Cruz is also pushing an in-house sale on Heckler and Bullit.

Unrelated… I was told from a shop owner prior to the Shimano patents that Shimano is working on a new lighter and more compact eMTB motor. I was also told that this motor was a late spring release.

I would say something is definitely coming, but I feel it could be released in fall just like the Heckler SL. This would allow them to start selling, but not be overwhelmed by retail sales during the main bike purchasing season.

I personally wouldn’t buy a Heckler right now unless the current model is absolutely your dream bike.
I personally would buy a Heckler right now because the current model is absolutely a dream bike.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
just can't see a new one on the horizon yet.

the current model has only been out for 2 years and for the first 6 months of that europe had little or no stock.

however i think we'll see a different motor than shimano and i can see s/c using the sram unit.would like to see the new one come with the pinion gearbox.

love my heckler(had an 8 and currently ride a 9) but they've both had problems so my main hope for the new model would be improved reliability and maybe a bit lighter.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I’d keep an eye out for new model running full SRAM drivetrain now that they have e-bike motor (believe its a mod Bosch).
The SRAM powertrain uses Brose motors. I believe it’s the same motor that’s on the Levo but with SRAMs own software.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles