2023 Heckler EP8 Vs 2024 Heckler Ep801

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
Hi there !

I'm actually the owner of a 2023 Heckler (full 29er) quite upgraded (Fox 38 with smashpot, Reserve carbon wheels, Hope Tech4 V4, etc.). I really love this bike, which is perfect for my use BUT not 100% happy with the support of the EP8 in rough and very steep conditions.

After reading different tests about the new EP801, they all declare that this "upgraded" motor is closer to a Bosch than ever... but we know marketing ;)

As anyone of you had the opportunity to own/ride both of the engines on Heckler ? what are your thoughts ? is there really an interesting difference ? or just marketing ?

IMG_1176.jpeg

birdman

Nov 25, 2023
Germany
Do both models use the same battery and charger or are there any differences? I got a Heckler 9 from ‘23, it’s a perfect bike, i built it up lightweight as possible 🤩..

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Do both models use the same battery and charger or are there any differences? I got a Heckler 9 from ‘23, it’s a perfect bike, i built it up lightweight as possible 🤩..
Same charger but different programming in the battery....although the batteries look exactly like one another and the mounting hardware is the same they will not interchange because of the programming..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles