Inspirational MTB Video's

E

EddieJ

Thanks to Japuserid for this one.

As mentioned a short time ago, I get my fun from climbing and slow speed technical riding, rather than tackling high speed down hill terrain.

I'm at my happiest when in the mountains, and riders such as Harold Philipp, Manuel Scheidegger and Johannes Pistrol epitomize everything that I'd love to be able to do, but don't have the talent, skill or nerve to do. I love vertriding, and if I could relive my life over, I'd spend as much time as i could doing it. I'm more than happy carrying a bike up a mountain, or even down again if it comes to it. For me it the challenge of just getting there and being there.
Harold Phillip said in one of his clips, that "you never feel more alive than when you are faced with the opposite" To many people that might be a strange thing to say, but I totally get what he means by it.

Anyway to start the ball rolling, this is a clip that makes me both very happy and very sad at the same time. Happy because I have kind of experience being up in the mountains on my own late evening watching the sun go down, followed by a ride back down the mountain in darkness. And sad, because I'm not there doing it now.

And two more that I also like. There are many more!

Such skill!

You have to watch past the end credits of this one.

E

EddieJ

A different kind of riding and one that I'm sure is more likely to appeal to the masses, I really find this a very well put together and enjoyable clip.

E

EddieJ

So was I. :D

Last one for now, as I couldn't find it when posting the others.

This is the same area that I ride, when on my hols in Switzerland. The ridge at the very end, is on my list of must rides. :) It does get scarily narrow though, which isn't shown here.

Just noted the 1.21 point. Look at my avatar. :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks to Japuserid for this one.

As mentioned a short time ago, I get my fun from climbing and slow speed technical riding, rather than tackling high speed down hill terrain.

I'm at my happiest when in the mountains, and riders such as Harold Philipp, Manuel Scheidegger and Johannes Pistrol epitomize everything that I'd love to be able to do, but don't have the talent, skill or nerve to do. I love vertriding, and if I could relive my life over, I'd spend as much time as i could doing it. I'm more than happy carrying a bike up a mountain, or even down again if it comes to it. For me it the challenge of just getting there and being there.
Harold Phillip said in one of his clips, that "you never feel more alive than when you are faced with the opposite" To many people that might be a strange thing to say, but I totally get what he means by it.

Anyway to start the ball rolling, this is a clip that makes me both very happy and very sad at the same time. Happy because I have kind of experience being up in the mountains on my own late evening watching the sun go down, followed by a ride back down the mountain in darkness. And sad, because I'm not there doing it now.

And two more that I also like. There are many more!

Such skill!

You have to watch past the end credits of this one.

Wow .. some of the sections on that second video and the end of the third one .. Eck ....

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Wow .. some of the sections on that second video and the end of the third one .. Eck ....
Reminds me of - Danny Macaskill: The Ridge

It’s an old video, uploaded 6 years ago 73M views and counting. I’m pretty sure most have already seen it. My balls went on holiday somewhere in the interior when I watched it for the first time. They tried to sneak in the ‘Ovaries Night Club’ but the bouncer wouldn’t let them in...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Reminds me of - Danny Macaskill: The Ridge
Great video isn't it ..

I carried the Kenevo up a nice easy rock face the other day for a picture because it's the highest point and there's a cross on top . Not sure I'd be happy going up that ridge he climbed with the bike on my shoulders/back though - Suspect I'd have needed some kind of self cleaning underwear.

rocky.jpg

Danny makes mine look like I walked on someone sandcastle .. The "shrubs" around he cross are the tops of he Oaks poking through .. Fortunately it was easier coming back down the back !

rocky cross.jpg

It's lucky he doesn't ride or land like me or he'd be called Dummy Myasskills.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles