Haibike nduro 8 freeride 😎🤘

chutz666

May 18, 2020
doncaster
It comes default with the 18073-14 (for heavier riders) which should be close to good. Not sure on the exact calculations . I still ride the 14 since the 11 and 12 were out of stock long time. I'm 86kg, but it feels quite good on drops and jumps tbh. Have fun!
Hi mate mind came with a 18073-10 I'm 95kg kitted out would you swap springs

Jondrej

Dec 10, 2023
IN heaven
Hey Folks,
Anyone knows what is the shock size eye to eye and stroke?
Also offset of the fork? Can I go to 200mm front, because why not ey :) ?
Thank you.

Aug 18, 2022
Netherlands
Currently riding an enduro rig with the EP8 and I am vastly disappointed the Shimano's power ouput.

Can anyone compare the PW-X3 with the EP8?

I am interested in this monter Nduro 8 Freeride; but I do want some grunt from the motor.

Thanks in advance

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Currently riding an enduro rig with the EP8 and I am vastly disappointed the Shimano's power ouput.
Have you tuned all the settings on the Shimano ETUBE app?
One of my mates turned up with a brand new Mega and said he was disappointed with the motor; "It has no go" is roughly what he said. Less than five mins later he was whooping and hollering.

Aug 18, 2022
Netherlands
Have you tuned all the settings on the Shimano ETUBE app?
One of my mates turned up with a brand new Mega and said he was disappointed with the motor; "It has no go" is roughly what he said. Less than five mins later he was whooping and hollering.

I really don't want to hijack this thread :geek: but yes I have finetuned using ETUBE. I have also derestricted with the Race Mod from Ebike Plus. It's still underpowered, even compared to a PW-X2. The EP8 seems to loose grunt when racing up long climbs...

Therefore I would like to know how the PW-X3 compares. I don't want to end up with another diappointment :)

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I really don't want to hijack this thread :geek: but yes I have finetuned using ETUBE. I have also erestricted with the Race Mod from Ebike Plus. It's still underpowered, even compared to a PW-X2. The EP8 seems to loose grunt when racing up long climbs...

Therefore I would like to know how the PW-X3 compares. I don't want to end up with another diappointment :)

This review from Bike Radar compares the Yamaha PW-X3 with several other motors including the EP8. I suggest that you read it all, but particularly the section "Which ebike motor feels the most powerful?"

The Yamaha has the same 85Nm peak torque and the same 400% rider support. But the key difference appears to be where in the cadence range the torque is delivered. The EP8 delivers its peak at lower cadences than the Yamaha, which may be why you feel it is under powered. The review is quite thorough.

Aug 18, 2022
Netherlands
This review from Bike Radar compares the Yamaha PW-X3 with several other motors including the EP8. I suggest that you read it all, but particularly the section "Which ebike motor feels the most powerful?"

The Yamaha has the same 85Nm peak torque and the same 400% rider support. But the key difference appears to be where in the cadence range the torque is delivered. The EP8 delivers its peak at lower cadences than the Yamaha, which may be why you feel it is under powered. The review is quite thorough.

Thanks for the good read!

They describe exactly ehat I mean: EP8 power decreases as more force goes into the pedals. On my local trail theres a couple of steep dunes with an incline at the end and the EP8 just about gives up - be it at a cadence of 60, 70, 80 or 90. I do not want that anymore.

From that article it seems the PW-X3 is somewhat better but not much.

I think I need to look for a bike with a Bosch CX (race) motor.

Hopefulle more can chime in.

The Nduro 8 is a beast otherwise.

Last edited:

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
The Bosch cx is a great motor, pretty well refined and with plenty of power. I'm pleased with mine, but one other bike and motor that does intrigue me is the Rocky Mountain Altitude powerplay with the Dyname 4.0 motor.

From what I've seen its a power house but does require more rider input to get the most out of it, as it applies power to the chain rather than the cranks.
I'd love to give one a try to see how it compares to the Bosch.

Might be worth checking out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles