Full Fat or New Gen Lites

PenSki

Jun 4, 2020
Western Australia
I'm sure you're joking, because it's stupid to ride in turbo. Much less control on technical uphill, and horrible battery life. At least if you have some vertical they you have to ride.

If you're riding mostly flat, you don't need an e bike
I think alot of us here have disabilities ranging from minor to major where we need an full fat ebike or dont ride at all.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I'm sure you're joking, because it's stupid to ride in turbo. Much less control on technical uphill, and horrible battery life. At least if you have some vertical they you have to ride.

If you're riding mostly flat, you don't need an e bike

Or maybe they’re shuttling DH trails, or trying to get as many laps as possible in a short space of time?

I regularly have to squeeze a ride into a gap between calls, so turbo up all the fire road climbs sat on the limiter, then descend in eco. Means I can get a decent ride in and not join the next call sounding like I’ve spent the last hour pounding one out.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

my bike has 2 modes off and turbo :ROFLMAO:
I know many of us love a Turbo moment, we like speed, adrénaline, endorphins, eating fly's.

I don't want to sound all boring and negative, but you might want to consider the implications of your actions with regard to how and where you ride ?

You rode twice as fast through the pedestrian area as you did on the road ! People literally had to dive out of the way.

"Sh1t - I'm going to die"

1658731499088.png

God knows how many people you scared coming up behind them so quickly and you were lucky the lady with the pram turned left so she didn't have a near death experience with her baby.

As a cyclist you surely know how horrible it is to have vehicles pass close when there's huge speed differences .. here you wizz past a family and a baby in a "safe" pedestrian area without a second thought ??

1658731624990.png

If your intention was to make dozens of people hate cyclists, hate ebikes even more and have them all get back in their armoured death machines and take out their frustrations on other innocent cyclists - you scored 10/10.

It was a bit like watching one of Neeko Davninci's Derestricted Urban Terror video's.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I know many of us love a Turbo moment, we like speed, adrénaline, endorphins, eating fly's.

I don't want to sound all boring and negative, but you might want to consider the implications of your actions with regard to how and where you ride ?

You rode twice as fast through the pedestrian area as you did on the road ! People literally had to dive out of the way.

"Sh1t - I'm going to die"

View attachment 93197

God knows how many people you scared coming up behind them so quickly and you were lucky the lady with the pram turned left so she didn't have a near death experience with her baby.

As a cyclist you surely know how horrible it is to have vehicles pass close when there's huge speed differences .. here you wizz past a family and a baby in a "safe" pedestrian area without a second thought ??

View attachment 93198

If your intention was to make dozens of people hate cyclists, hate ebikes even more and have them all get back in their armoured death machines and take out their frustrations on other innocent cyclists - you scored 10/10.

It was a bit like watching one of Neeko Davninci's Derestricted Urban Terror video's.
@shockwave I have to ask, is this what you consider mountain biking to be? If you represent even a portion of the riders in the UK and they ride around like that, its no wonder there are so many walkers, runners, analog bikers pissed at ebikers. Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
that was a long time ago these days there are 1000w+ hub drive bikes and scooters everywhere round here i have had things like skate boards and those one wheel things go past me going 50 mph and plod dont care lol.

im just not fast enough anymore 😂

Do you want to be part of the problem?

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
better phone the speed police then 😂

View attachment 93253

I can see where you got your inspiration from. Have you considered that maybe "riding" around on a high powered ebike is not what your passion is? If you like to go fast and rip around on gravel roads, thru the woods and fields, have you considered an enduro motobike? I used to love being able to ride on the streets to and then go to and off road area and blast around with a bike similar to the one below. Then I got into MotoX and finally into mountain biking. Maybe you skipped a few steps? Why ruin emtb riding for others? Can you really be that selfish/oblivous? All it takes is for the right person to get run over and the Landowners can shut it down to all bikers like they have done in many places in the US.

enduro.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
i want a 15kg bike that can go 50mph for 50 miles

if i get a motor bike and try ride it down the canal paths plod whould be on it in mins

Your arguments would suggest you're on completely the wrong forum ?

Sorry if I'm wrong, but your reasoning seems to suggests a complete lack of respect or care for anyone else or any laws or common sense or even just basic understanding of right and wrong ?

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
no you lot are just to slow :p

Congratulations! You have just won your race!

Troll.jpeg

Internet Troll
The goal of a troll is to engage their victims in an online argument - so the most effective way to deal with them is to ignore them. This may be harder than it sounds, particularly when someone has said something to make you angry. Rather than engaging, your best bet is to simply block the troll to prevent them seeing or commenting on your posts.

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
no you lot are just to slow :p
Going fast on a foot path isn't really anything to brag about. Show me doing that speed off road, on a single track descent and I might be impressed.;)
Watching your video you struggle to even go around a single track switchback corner without falling over and flying along public paths making people jump out of the way is not cool and only gives the rest of us a bad name.
Keep the blasting along on turbo to the mountain bike trails and give some common courtesy when riding on shared paths and public areas.
1658809790381.png

Last edited:

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
I honestly(no offence to yourself) cant understand why they have such a low setting. Pretty much undermines the point of having the motor.

In my humble opinion :)
The lower setting are for when you want more range or when traction is an issue. You are going to get a longer ride on a lower power setting and you can still get up the hills on eco or trail, just not as fast as in turbo. You won't get up a steep technical climb in Turbo, the bike will loose traction or want to flip out.
All depends on what sort of ride you are after.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
...As a cyclist you surely know how horrible it is to have vehicles pass close when there's huge speed differences.

...You rode twice as fast through the pedestrian area as you did on the road ! People literally had to dive out of the way.

Maybe he sees those pedestrians as vehicle drivers that got out of their car, and executes payback time.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Here's my take. Pros Closet is a great place to buy, sell or trade in bikes. If look look on their site you'll see a bunch of SLs for sale. Not as many full fats. I think some riders buy a SL because it's most like a acoustic bike. After a while they want more power cuz it's just too fun!

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I've just gone through this dilemma and decided to go full fat for my first ebike. My reasoning is that I'll still be riding my other bikes a lot of the time when I'm riding with friends who don't have an eeb. My friends that do have ebikes all currently ride full fat so going SL wouldn't have made much sense for me personally. My intended use is solo laps of local trails when time is short and riding with those aforementioned friends who already ride ebikes. I was seriously tempted to sell my enduro bike and join the waiting list for a Trek Fuel exe but I reckon at the moment having both options is the way to go in my case. I'm not ruling out a switch to SL in future though! ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles