What Full Fat with Removable Battery?

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Looking for a size Small full fat bike with a Bosch, Brose or SRAM motor, but with removable battery. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Trek Rail, but then I would say that because thats what wife and I have.

Edit: since January 2022 when they were purchased over 2,500 miles on my Rail and 1,000 miles on my wife's with absolutely no issues.

Last edited:

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Well the world is your oyster. Take your pick.

How big do you want to go in travel?

My mates go well on theor trek rails. One is stock at 150/160mm the other has increased the travel to 160/170mm.

I have a blast on my 190mm voima. Really you can go wild in this category. Go test some bikes and formulate an opinion. So what travel you like and what motor appeals to you.

Currently Bosch seems to have to edge in immediate grunt. Bros power output is a bit smoother as is Shimano.

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Thanks. The thing which significantly reduces the number of options is the removable battery criteria. Any suggestions other than Trek rail? Thanks

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Focus Jam or Sam depending on use and how much travel you like. Still some bargains around as they have just released new models, older models have a Bosch system with a 625 battery. Again have one (Sam 6.9) so a bit one sided but in nearly 2 years and over 3000km, no dramas with it what so ever

Aug 18, 2022
Netherlands
Lapierre's Overvolt GLP 3 ticks all your boxes.

If you're patient a new model including SRAM Transmission, Reverb AXS & 800Wh battery will be out soon 👍

If you're tighter on budget, have a look at Haibike's Nduro range.

As others have stated: try and test out different models of you can.

lamerecycles

Apr 10, 2019
Minneapolis
Looking for a size Small full fat bike with a Bosch, Brose or SRAM motor, but with removable battery. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
The LaMere eSummit has removable battery in 630Wh or 504Wh but its a Shimano motor. We love the Shimano motor as its super reliable, easy to customize, and we can offer the speed version for your commutes. Check it out here:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles