Levo Gen 2 Fox 36 black oil/grease

Specfan

Apr 11, 2021
Toronto, Canada
I bought my fox 36 fork used and don’t know the hours of use. I’m guessing 50 but I’m not sure. No real signs of wear, no chips or scratches etc. Maybe it’s time for service as the fork is oozing a black oil/grease out of the left stanchion Has anyone experienced this? Shouldn’t the lube be a honey-gold colour coming out if it? It really seems like a service is in order.

Specfan

Apr 11, 2021
Toronto, Canada
Lower leg service interval for Fox forks is 30 hours: Service Intervals

Yes that’s what I’ve been reading thank you very much. Has anyone gotten the lower legs loose without the Fox damper removal tool?
I did my Rockshox by threading back in the bolts and tapping on them.

With the fox their are studs you need to thread something on. Maybe regular M? Nuts would work? And will need a set of foam rings and dust seals.

Specfan

Apr 11, 2021
Toronto, Canada
Yes use a small socket on the damper side to avoid whacking the delicate rebound rod that sticks out.

Good idea thanks!

*** does anyone know the size of the two studs? M5 M6 M7 etc? I’m pretty sure the air side and the damper side are different? Trying to avoid going to the local hardware store the pandemic lineups are crazy here… as I’m sure they are everywhere. Was thinking to order up an Amazon metric nut assortment? Or should I just get a rubber mallet and ?

Thanks guys!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles