fox factory 36

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Has anyone mounted the non ebike version on their ebike?
Any problems?

My understanding is that an E-BIKE specific fork is down to the tuning, and some only have 34 inners due to the thickness of the stanchions been too thick for a 36 internal, for instance, the Pivot Shuttle is supplied with a none E-BIKE specific fork {fox 36}, just a specific tune, they actually state on their website that the E-BIKE specific fork {fox 36} comes with 34 inners

Trailhanse

Sep 16, 2019
Bavaria
If the Fox36 volumespacers, in the S-Works have the colour green, then it is the stronger e-bike Fork! I have this one, in my 2020 Levo with Grip2 damper. I Love this Fork, dont Care about the Weight (2,4kg). But Love the stiffness and Setting possibililities. It will be very Interesting, if the S-works have the same "real" e-bike 36 fork ???

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
If the Fox36 volumespacers, in the S-Works have the colour green, then it is the stronger e-bike Fork! I have this one, in my 2020 Levo with Grip2 damper. I Love this Fork, dont Care about the Weight (2,4kg). But Love the stiffness and Setting possibililities. It will be very Interesting, if the S-works have the same "real" e-bike 36 fork ???
Interesting indeed, although I would not know if the internals of an E-BIKE specific Fox 36 were those of a Fox 34 or not, on my Pivot Shuttle it has a Fox Factory 36, none E-BIKE specific but with an E-BIKE specific tune, the E-BIKE specific Fox 36 has thicker stanchions thus resulting in a stiffer fork due to the E-BIKES weight, it was my Pivot dealer that told me about the 34 inners, the standard Factory Fox 36 work great.

Trailhanse

Sep 16, 2019
Bavaria
...a 160mm Air shaft (from the 34, thats maybe the reason why they offer it only with 160mm travel max.) is the cheaper way, but who cares by an S-works ?

Ducatijones

Jan 29, 2019
South Wales
I bent my Fox 36 ebike opt. Forks in a bad crash so bought non ebike fox 36 factory ones. I did start a thread " Ebike Optimized Forks Or Not " a few months ago. Anyway they are on and I am very happy with my non Ebike forks. If you look at the pic on the old forks you can see the crease on the bridge joining the lower fork legs.

20190807_152627_1.jpg

TMS

Apr 7, 2019
Finland
...a 160mm Air shaft (from the 34, thats maybe the reason why they offer it only with 160mm travel max.) is the cheaper way, but who cares by an S-works ?
I don't think that's the reason. Actually didn't undestood what you ment by that.

I prefer E-bike version because it should be stiffer. Can't compare so it's only in my head. I don't see that smaller diameter air spring has lower performance compared to normal 36 mm fork. If then why is it like that?

Still can't stop wondering how damper side internals are taken from 34 mm fork because there is no 34 mm Fox fork with GRIP2 damper. I think 2019 S Works has OEM fork and specs. And they had to made GRIP2 internals matching the smaller inner diameter stanchions. I have made service to my lower legs twice but didn't measure the internal diameters.

By the way I can't see any difference in the picture above with those forks. But I'm half blind anyway... :)

derby

Feb 2, 2019
San Anselmo, California
My OE contact at Fox told me last Spring me that the ebike 36 version was only available for OE production bikes. It has thicker walled steer tube and upper stansions.

I'm about 200 lbs or 91 Kg, and have been riding the standard Fox 36 Performance with black ano uppers and Grip2 dampers, all year with no issues on my 2018 Levo. Nice fork!

Northman57

Jul 30, 2020
Italy
Hello, does anybody know the difference of weight between the Fox Factory 160mm 29',' and the e-bike optimized version of it? The first should weight ca. 2120 grams, but the second? Should I add 200 grams more?

Thinking of putting a 38 fork on my e-bike (Zeb Ultimate?), and moving the Fox 36 e-bike+ on my Trek Slash. Don't know if this is a good idea, I am afraid of the weight...

Thanks!

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Hello, does anybody know the difference of weight between the Fox Factory 160mm 29',' and the e-bike optimized version of it? The first should weight ca. 2120 grams, but the second? Should I add 200 grams more?

Thinking of putting a 38 fork on my e-bike (Zeb Ultimate?), and moving the Fox 36 e-bike+ on my Trek Slash. Don't know if this is a good idea, I am afraid of the weight...

Thanks!
The e-bike version has 1mm thicker stanchions. The material is thicker. This translates into a stiffer unit. The fork uses 34mm tokens (green) to compensate for the thicker material. The stanchion itself is still 36mm OD.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles