Forum Updated

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The thread title and "what's new" title seem to have gone all girly looking and lost their bold format ..

Also a new "CHAT" option has appeared in the title .. and a bar at the bottom "You haven't joined any rooms" and a dangerous looking slider switch ..... ???

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ooops .. I pressed the slider and it said "disable chat" ... I pressed it again and an error box appeared "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" ...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
A new feature, for Subscribers ;)
Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 11.54.26.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I just realised that you can upload a pic using your phone and then carry on writing the post on a computer (its saved as a draft for you). So if you prefer writing from a keyboard, but pictures are stored on the phone, its a neat little feature.

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
Hi Rob
Any reason I can’t upload a video from Tapatalk. I don’t own a pc or laptop, only a iPhone.
I can upload pics no problems just not vids. I know it works on other forums as I’m on the aprilia rsv site an it works fine there

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob
Any reason I can’t upload a video from Tapatalk. I don’t own a pc or laptop, only a iPhone.
I can upload pics no problems just not vids. I know it works on other forums as I’m on the aprilia rsv site an it works fine there
I’m pretty sure I’ve disabled videos due to server size. It’d get filled up so quickly - does that site have any kind of upload limit?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Posting vids that long is not my thing, tbh I rarely post vids anyway especially of rides. It’s not a problem tho, i was just wondering as on the 1 yt decoy thread I was trying to post a vid of a issue/noise a clip of before an after kind of thing.
I’ll see if I can allow vids under a certain size to be allowed ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I like that the "alerts" bell automatically updates continuously now, it used to do it every now and again, but you normally had to do a refresh.

DARK mode :

Click on your user name at the top.

Select Preferences,

Change the style to "dark mode" .

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 08.51.45.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I like that the "alerts" bell automatically updates continuously now, it used to do it every now and again, but yo normally had to do a refresh.

DARK mode :

Select Preferences,

View attachment 31827
Yeah that Alerts update is better.

If your operating system has a dark mode feature (and you turn it on) the forum will automatically change to dark mode... when it gets dark outside ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I tried it for a second (daylight ... drinking coffee ... being lazy ...) The avatar's pop off the screen !

Changed it back to normal .. that actually felt too bright !

So back on Dark mode for the moment .. Seems easier on the eyes .. Or maybe it just takes me back to my more natural UK101/Research Machines/BBC Micro early days ...

And "HOT" .. looks like a nice friendly glowing little fire you can sit by all day ...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I like that the "alerts" bell automatically updates continuously now, it used to do it every now and again, but you normally had to do a refresh.

DARK mode :

Select Preferences,

View attachment 31827

Even easier way ...

At the very bottom left of the page if you scroll down .. you cna just click there to change ..

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 13.09.25.png

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
When I go to "What's New," the page displays a list. When I get to the bottom, I click the "Next" button but instead of going to the next page it displays the beginning of the same list and I have to scroll down all over again to look for the last thread title I got up to... to carry on. Not so much a problem on my desktop, but on my iPhone it's feels like another Ground Hog Day repeat... ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
When I go to "What's New," the page displays a list. When I get to the bottom, I click the "Next" button but instead of going to the next page it displays the beginning of the same list and I have to scroll down all over again to look for the last thread title I got up to... to carry on. Not so much a problem on my desktop, but on my iPhone it's feels like another Ground Hog Day repeat... ?
Ah.... But that's because it says view more.. To get the big list... Not next...

It did this before...

You don't like groundhog day? I'm very thorough and read all the threads from the start again.. ??

It would be better if it jumped you back somehow.. So click more and it starts at 20 or however many their are... Or as you say, have a next button which just has the next page and next which has the next page and next which has the next page......

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Ah.... But that's because it says view more.. To get the big list... Not next...

It did this before...

You don't like groundhog day? I'm very thorough and read all the threads from the start again.. ??

It would be better if it jumped you back somehow.. So click more and it starts at 20 or however many their are... Or as you say, have a next button which just has the next page and next which has the next page and next which has the next page......
Ah, you are right... it does say "View More," but to me... view more means view more, not "view all over again" Haha!

I don't mind to "view over and over again" if Emily Blunt in body armour is part of the 'rinse and repeat hog' day after tomorrow... :cool:

tumblr_n6zycb1xvM1qdny4ho4_250.gif

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
How do you delete draft on a mobile device??
Question for me or Rob?

Last time I tried I can't delete a draft once it's in there.

If I change my mind and don't want to post a draft reply, I just select all then delete, and then type a full stop and then Return. The little dot replacement enables me to sleep at night... :giggle:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles