Forum Updated

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
Hey Rob, I appreciate you mustn't have a minute to yourself right now wrestling with the critical issue of post reactions, but if you do ever manage to sort that out perhaps you could then address the almost equally weighty matter of why there's more than one GOAT ! ;)

Do I need to take this to another thread? I can safely say - well, now there's no drama queen I can anyway - that this multiple goats thing just doesn't make any sense at all, is completely ruining my user experience and giving me spontaneous attacks of anxiety. If you need an example of how messy things can get with multiple goats just look at my post here. I know the huge Post Reactions project will likely swallow up all available staff manpower for months to come, but I've been burning the midnight oil on a draft proposal that could address this issue myself ..... well, I couldn't sleep at night anyway.

A Final Solution To The Goats Problem
1. A winner takes all fight to the finish between goats is organised. A poll, "Who is your favourite goat?". Mr Zimmer gets my nod - just sayin, not trying to unduly influence anyone.
2. Victor then proclaimed the one true and worthy Greatest Of All Time; all losers banished to Pinkbike

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Do I need to take this to another thread? I can safely say - well, now there's no drama queen I can anyway - that this multiple goats thing just doesn't make any sense at all, is completely ruining my user experience and giving me spontaneous attacks of anxiety. If you need an example of how messy things can get with multiple goats just look at my post here. I know the huge Post Reactions project will likely swallow up all available staff manpower for months to come, but I've been burning the midnight oil on a draft proposal that could address this issue myself ..... well, I couldn't sleep at night anyway.

A Final Solution To The Goats Problem
1. A winner takes all fight to the finish between goats is organised. A poll, "Who is your favourite goat?". Mr Zimmer gets my nod - just sayin, not trying to unduly influence anyone.
2. Victor then proclaimed the one true and worthy Greatest Of All Time; all losers banished to Pinkbike
Kinda makes a lot of sense , but also opens a can of worms because at the other end of the spectrum we need another poll for " The most opionated Tosser "
I already know who has my vote :unsure::LOL:

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Delete draft not working:

1590128021285.png

Some reactions changed size from yesterday and many reactions from old site are now missing (thanks, cheers, crap post ...):

1590128071367.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This is how I see Reactions?

View attachment 31749
I’ll check the delete bug.
I don't think there is a delete bug.

As it was before .. If you wrote in the reply and clicked on delete draft, what you'd written there would still show, but it wouldn't remember it for next time you goto reply to the thread (if you don't delete it and close the page, next time you reply, it still remembers what you were typing last time).

Effectively, It doesn't actually delete the text in the box, it just deletes the system's copy that you're typing, so you can ignore what you've put and move onto better things :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The different sized "reactions" is a bit weird :) Maybe it's Suggestive ? :eek::LOL:

The two extra large ones @salko has are the two which were added yesterday. Maybe his system hasn't automatically re-sized them yet to his PC's text size/display default settings yet. Hopefully, they'll just fix themselves next time he re-boots .. DId you turn it off and on ?? :D:geek:

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
This is how I see Reactions?

View attachment 31749
I’ll check the delete bug.

The different sized "reactions" is a bit weird :) Maybe it's Suggestive ? :eek::LOL:

The two extra large ones @salko has are the two which were added yesterday. Maybe his system hasn't automatically re-sized them yet to his PC's text size/display default settings yet. Hopefully, they'll just fix themselves next time he re-boots .. DId you turn it off and on ?? :D:geek:
It seems like in Chrome they show ok, but in Firefox 2 are bigger ... I restarted PC, pressed Ctrl+F5 to force reload of whole page and still the same ...

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Cheers. I’ll attempt to fix it.
Another small issue @Rob Hancill
I set my watched threads to not receive notifications but since the update I'm getting email notification on them all .
I've reset at my end several times but still happening
Not a big drama but if anything can be done your end I'd be obliged

Cheers
Stu

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Another small issue @Rob Hancill
I set my watched threads to not receive notifications but since the update I'm getting email notification on them all .
I've reset at my end several times but still happening
Not a big drama but if anything can be done your end I'd be obliged

Cheers
Stu
HI Stu,

When did you set them to not receive the emails? Have they randomly started to come through since the update?

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
HI Stu,

When did you set them to not receive the emails? Have they randomly started to come through since the update?
Hi Rob
Every time I watch a thread I set it to watch without emails
Been doing it since I first joined
Started getting emails this last few days .
I reset each one as it happens but still get emails

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
@Rob Hancill something a bit odd in Firefox looking at the "agree" button which doesn't display in my Firefox list but does display in extra size when awarded...

1590136373827.png

[EDIT: the "Agree" and "Hot" buttons have just appeared. They weren't there two seconds ago when I posted this 'cos I checked :ROFLMAO:]

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
is there a way of seeing pics as they where before, i.e not as a thumbnail for an attachment, just the whole pic?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
is there a way of seeing pics as they where before, i.e not as a thumbnail for an attachment, just the whole pic?
Theres an option when a user uploads a picture. Either show Full Image size or attachment.

But I'll see if I can automatically make it Full Size.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles