Forum Updated

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Question for me or Rob?
Question for anyone who knows ... :) The delete draft icon doesn't seem to appear on mobile .. @Rob Hancill . Though I guess it could not be there on purpose, you don't want to spend 30 minutes, writing a reply using two tooth picks, on your apple watch just to then delete it all by tapping the screen in the wrong place ...

I've spent the last few months thinking none of the icons worked on mobile and had to use keyboard shortcuts and weird ways round .. then this morning I noticed I had the "gear" icon selected by default for "toggle BB code" .. MERD ! What a prat. ?? (creative smilie combination copyright for "bell end" - all rights reserved @simonk )

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ah, you are right... it does say "View More," but to me... view more means view more, not "view all over again" Haha!

I don't mind to "view over and over again" if Emily Blunt in body armour is part of the 'rinse and repeat hog' day after tomorrow... :cool:

View attachment 31912
I really dislike the way it does that. It’s something to do with loading data. I believe to operate in the way we’d like, it’d already have had to loaded the ‘view more’ stuff before we click it. Then when we click, it just reveals it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I really dislike the way it does that. It’s something to do with loading data. I believe to operate in the way we’d like, it’d already have had to loaded the ‘view more’ stuff before we click it. Then when we click, it just reveals it.

I'm now thinking it falls under "user error" ....

I think "What's new" is only intended to give a short snap shot of what's new ..

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 09.21.37.png

However ... on the left on the sub menu is "New posts" - which actually does what we want "What's new" to do ? or at least GPB, RH and Myself ??? (and as we're the only ones in the conversation, we're the only ones who exist in this virtual world)

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 09.21.43.png

Maybe the "What's New" main link (which is great on mobile for easy access) can be replaced to direct instead to "new posts" ? and scrap new posts off the second menu .. ?? Then it works how we expect it to work ???

This is probably one to throw out to @TheBikePilot. As an avid in bed morning forum user on a mobile, whist consuming his first breakfast pie, what does work best for one handed ease of use ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I'm now thinking it falls under "user error" ....

I think "What's new" is only intended to give a short snap shot of what's new ..

View attachment 31933

However ... on the left on the sub menu is "New posts" - which actually does what we want "What's new" to do ? or at least GPB, RH and Myself ??? (and as we're the only ones in the conversation, we're the only ones who exist in this virtual world)

View attachment 31931

Maybe the "What's New" main link (which is great on mobile for easy access) can be replaced to direct instead to "new posts" ? and scrap new posts off the second menu .. ?? Then it works how we expect it to work ???

This is probably one to throw out to @TheBikePilot. As an avid in bed morning forum user on a mobile, whist consuming his first breakfast pie, what does work best for one handed ease of use ?
Fixed. Default is now 'New Posts'

Also, on the right hand side is a 'Filter' box. You can customise what you'd like to see in the New Posts page.
Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 10.58.46.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Is anyone else using Dark Mode on iOS 13 / any other supporting device? The site should auto change after sunset (if you have it set up on your device).

It is for me. Is it working for anyone else?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Tried it on a chromebox.. there's a "nightlight" option where it changes the colours for easier viewing, didn't know if it would feed through the variable from that, but it doesn't ....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
OK .. so I know it has nothing to do with what you suggested .. :unsure: but I went out on a limb, cleared the history and cookies AND .. restarted .. it made no difference .. :-(

I shall play some more ..

It's not the end of the world as "new posts" is easily selectable from within what's new .. but I'm guessing something's not working correctly if you've changed the settings...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Make sure you are using the ‘EMTB FORUMS Autodetect’ theme from the bottom right. Let me know if that makes it work on mobile.
Today's not just a pretty face award goes to .....

Ok, so on Android it's bottom left and yes, that makes what's new link to new posts ! Nice job !

But now I've lost my sexy dark theme.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles