Fitting a new E8000 motor

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think .... you can just swap the motor over. All the data is retained in the motor, so your mileage would reset to 0 with a new motor.

You might need to run e-tube to update the firmware when it's swapped to make sure everything's uptodate.

Worth having a bike shop on standby/in mind that has a PCE1 unit to physically connect if you do run into any compatibility problems. None shimano batteries will have problems for instance (Decoy).

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, but if I buy a second external Shimano 504 wh battery, is it simply plug & play or does some form of magic ritual have to be performed on it first?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, but if I buy a second external Shimano 504 wh battery, is it simply plug & play or does some form of magic ritual have to be performed on it first?
Pretty sure you just plug it in and off you go. There's no pairing or registering with the motor, it should just recognise it for what it is as it's within the esteps ecosystem.

Ian

Jan 19, 2019
Nairn
I built up a bike and fitted a new motor the only problem I had was the motor had a preset circumference which was enormous, so the speed was much slower than it should have been. Apparently the motor angle could be a problem but mine appears to be fine done about 3000km.
Have 2 bikes and swap batteries regularly.
Have actually swapped motors when the other was faulty to check it was the motor and not battery or sensor error and worked fine

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Yes and when you swap them it will show the information of the batterie actually in use at the moment, like nr of charges and life.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles