E8000 motor issue

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Looking for some advice with my e8000 motor.

On my last ride while climbing the motor stopped providing assistance but it was making a sound similar to when it overruns, like it was not engaging. I powered it off and motor worked fine for about 45 minutes before issue returned.

Anyone else with similar issue? My motor is out of warranty. also no codes on display

Last edited:

an12dyw

Nov 6, 2019
Durham

On my last ride while climbing the motor stopped providing assistance but it was making a sound similar to when it overruns, like it was not engaging. I powered it off and motor worked fine for about 45 minutes before issue returned.

Anyone else with similar issue? My motor is out of warranty. also no codes on display
Sounds like the torque sensors gone. You ever sort it out?

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Bought a replacement motor through shimano.

I tested that motor for a couple of weeks after it started acting up and what I don't understand is it works perfectly on most rides. But if pushed for about 30 -45 min up steep climbs it would happen. I think it is when it overheats.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles