eMTB specific tyres

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
I bought a set of tyres for my Turbo Levo... Michelin E Wild front and thought I was purchasing the same tyre for rear but when I received them, I noticed that the rear was a Wild Enduro (teach me to order after a few beers)! It states that it is eBike ready, so I'm guessing it's fine to use, or should I order the E Wild for the rear?

Not very knowledgeable about tyres but used the Michelin E Wilds on my previous Haibike emtb and never had any issues, so thought I'd give them a go on the Levo. By look and feel, they are both identical, however, the Wild Enduro states that they are 3x33 TPI, whereas the E Wild is 3x60 TPI

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The e-wild rear is a slightly heavier construction than the wild Enduro rear, the standard wild though is a great tyre so you should be fine. I've been running a pair on a Kenevo as I like 2.4 and the e-wild is wider. They roll and use a lot less battery than something like a DH22 - but obviously not as bullet proof or with the same ultimate level of grip. If you've got any worries about puncturing or rim damage, just run them a couple of PSI higher and you should find it supportive.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have used the Wild Enduro on a Levo and they are fine in all conditions.............in fact I would rate the front tyre as the best I have used beating both Magic Mary and Maxxis Assegai.( my 2nd favourite tyre front or back). I avoided the E wild because for me they are too wide. I prefer 2.4 or 2.5 max because they squirm less and on the rear give greater mud clearance to the chainstays.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Just in case:

DABA9A78-46ED-439E-8FEE-4464E4665F04.jpeg

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thanks everyone. I was hoping I could use it as I can’t seem to get hold of an E Wild rear, everywhere out of stock and that goes for other brands I’ve searched for.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
mmmm ..... all the things I don't worry about ... if a buy a less than ideal tyre I know it will wear down before too long and I need to compensate with my incredible riding skills ....
My new Assegai Maxxgrip is brilliant on the rough shitty South Downs (West Sussex) but rolls so fucking slow to and from the rough stuff that I swear it will wear me out before it does ...

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My new Assegai Maxxgrip is brilliant on the rough shitty South Downs (West Sussex) but rolls so fucking slow to and from the rough stuff that I swear it will wear me out before it does ...
try inflating to a higher pressure for the ride to the trials and then deflate to taste when on the trails.................re inflate when you finish.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles