Emax iOS app available

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
heck, you’re mr helpful aren’t you! Mate listen, I’m not a numpty and have checked online for The FW versions but simply can’t find them.

LOL First of all:

1. Listen "mate" - Considering when I asked you earlier if even bothered reading anything, you replied "no lol" then I'm not surprised that you're all upset when someone tells you to actually put some effort into looking for something. :cool:

2. Sorry, but maybe you are a "numpty" after all... because all I did in the last 10 seconds is type "Shimano 4.3.2 firmware" into Google and guess what? FOUR OF THE LINKS ON THE FIRST RESULTS PAGE have the firmware you're looking for. :unsure:

...if you bothered to actually click them and read them. (y)

HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think @vadll used to store them/link to them from the stepsunlocker site, when it was stepsunlocker. Not sure why they went, probably blocked by Shimano, or suggested not to ? when he had to change to stunlocker.

It's a shame there isn't a central repository for all the shimano firmwares , even if someone stuck them in a google drive top save searching for them each time.

@raine, you might be getting different search results in the US compared to the EU. But it's not coming up as an easy find. The shimano site doesn't have them. The links to this site, just link to other threads about it. The links to stunlocker site doesn't have it there to download anymore.. So sadly, it doesn't seem that easy to find at the moment. Maybe Shimano's been pushing for a house clean to stop people downgrading in Europe ?

@Polaris This PDF contains a link to a zip file from emax with the files in you need, it's a bit of a faff, but you should be able to get them via that route.

http://www.emax-tuning.com/Shimano-Firmware-Downgrade-English-Version_2_0.pdf

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
@raine, you might be getting different search results in the US compared to the EU. But it's not coming up as an easy find. The shimano site doesn't have them. The links to this site, just link to other threads about it. The links to stunlocker site doesn't have it there to download anymore.. So sadly, it doesn't seem that easy to find at the moment. Maybe Shimano's been pushing for a house clean to stop people downgrading in Europe ?

Shimano site won't have them because Fw is downloaded within the E-Tube app.
Pretty sure vadII removed the links from his website due to legal reasons.

...also, you found the same .pdf from France that ws one of the links I was referring to - so it's not a regional thing.

Only replying to this because I saw it after I posted my last reply :D

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I think @vadll used to store them/link to them from the stepsunlocker site, when it was stepsunlocker. Not sure why they went, probably blocked by Shimano, or suggested not to ? when he had to change to stunlocker.

It's a shame there isn't a central repository for all the shimano firmwares , even if someone stuck them in a google drive top save searching for them each time.

@Polaris This PDF contains a link to a zip file from emax with the files in you need, it's a bit of a faff, but you should be able to get them via that route.

http://www.emax-tuning.com/Shimano-Firmware-Downgrade-English-Version_2_0.pdf
Hi mate and thanks, at last someone helpful unlike the previous obnoxious prick. My searches certainly didn’t uncover any earlier fw versions, thanks for verifying (y)

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Best forum feature ever!
bestbuttonever.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@raine keep in mind that Google customises your search results based on previous searches and a zillion other factors. The pdf link which came up for you was three pages down for me. The next time I searched it was on the first page because I'd opened it 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, it's all sorted now and it sounds like everyone's happy .. ??

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
@raine keep in mind that Google customises your search results based on previous searches and a zillion other factors. The pdf link which came up for you was three pages down for me. The next time I searched it was on the first page because I'd opened it 10 minutes ago.

Sure, but at least you actually put effort into looking for it.
I don't know what you're talking about - I'm always happy haha :p:D:):LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England

Hi Zim, so have you actually downgraded your bikes FW then? If so was he correct in that you can downgrade directly from the app without a PCE1 interface? Cheers

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi Zim, so have you actually downgraded your bikes FW then? If so was he correct in that you can downgrade directly from the app without a PCE1 interface? Cheers

I looked into it and made sure I was ready to do it before I used e-tube to upgrade the firmware, in case there were any issues. I didn't run into any problems so I never needed to downgrade.

But yes, he is correct. I think you caught him on a bad day :) , we all have them. He was kind enough to go hugely out of his way to write a manual for stunlocker, so I think eventually it gets to you when people keep asking the same/similar questions, when it's all written down somewhere. It looks like you were the straw that broke the camels back :) I wouldn't take it personally, he's a really helpful guy.

The forum search feature doesn't actually work very well though, so even simple things can invariably be hard to find unless you know where to look for them or are familiar with the exact words to search for. Using google, but put ":emtbforums.com waddayawanttosearchfor" works far better. So you should find some useful threads there about using etube to downgrade the firmware.

Basically though, all you're doing is putting the firmware files you want, in the storage place where e-tube keeps the latest firmware files. It doesn't know any better so it "upgrades" the firmware to the old version that you've put there, so no need for the PCE interface. I think the emax pdf details most of it, but have a check around the forum first just to make sure you've got it covered in your head first.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I looked into it and made sure I was ready to do it before I used e-tube to upgrade the firmware, in case there were any issues. I didn't run into any problems so I never needed to downgrade.

But yes, he is correct. I think you caught him on a bad day :) , we all have them. He was kind enough to go hugely out of his way to write a manual for stunlocker, so I think eventually it gets to you when people keep asking the same/similar questions, when it's all written down somewhere. It looks like you were the straw that broke the camels back :) I wouldn't take it personally, he's a really helpful guy.

The forum search feature doesn't actually work very well though, so even simple things can invariably be hard to find unless you know where to look for them or are familiar with the exact words to search for. Using google, but put ":emtbforums.com waddayawanttosearchfor" works far better. So you should find some useful threads there about using etube to downgrade the firmware.

Basically though, all you're doing is putting the firmware files you want, in the storage place where e-tube keeps the latest firmware files. It doesn't know any better so it "upgrades" the firmware to the old version that you've put there, so no need for the PCE interface. I think the emax pdf details most of it, but have a check around the forum first just to make sure you've got it covered in your head first.
Ha, Helping others is the point of these forums isn’t it, I too have helped numerous people on here as we all do everyday, and with 2 kids under 4 I’d soon get locked up if I lost my rag as soon as that nob for asking for further assistance lol.
I probably get 30 mins per day free time atm so haven’t got time to run off searching the net for hours or trying to decipher complicated processes, I have an iPad and an iPhone only and was just asking the dude if with these tools only I could downgrade fw, simples.
Thanks for the help though, it sounds like I can but with a bit more intervention. Cheers (y)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ha, Helping others is the point of these forums isn’t it, I too have helped numerous people on here as we all do everyday, and with 2 kids under 4 I’d soon get locked up if I lost my rag as soon as that nob for asking for further assistance lol.
I probably get 30 mins per day free time atm so haven’t got time to run off searching the net for hours or trying to decipher complicated processes, I have an iPad and an iPhone only and was just asking the dude if with these tools only I could downgrade fw, simples.
Thanks for the help though, it sounds like I can but with a bit more intervention. Cheers (y)

Merd !!! I don't think the e-tube downgrade works on an ipad or iphone. Most people resort to buying the cheapest possible android phone/tablet to get around that ..

iOS App for Shimano motors is available - EMTB Forums

I know you did say "app store" at the start, but in my mind I didn't differentiate the difference... doh.

However, vadll does say it's possible with iOS in December :

But the thread dries up on how to do it (like where to copy the files etc) :) So not sure if that's accurate or if vadll just had a moment and didn't notice the ios part of the question....

OK .. we're working on the fly here ... raine says he did it with his iphone in october ..

Just reading back now and the link I gave you to the emax pdf and the one from Raine both link to techniques which require the PCE/windows interface - so that wasn't very helpful was it ! :)

This sucks doesn't it ...

I can't actually find anywhere with step by step instructions on how to downgrade the firmware using eTube on iOS. It looks like you could download the files from emax, but I'm not sure if they're the right ones as they appear to be the ones for use with Windows.

@raine .. He's not wrong, this isn't actually conveniently documented anywhere. Or at least not anywhere either of us can find it. In the interest of anyone who wants to do it, is it worth you two doing kissy kissy make up, or at least agree to be frustrated with each other like a married couple and making a new thread "How to downgrade E8000 firmware using IOS - for Muppets" .. Yes, I'll let you use my copywrited muppet tag .. :)

Rocking in on the left with 245 Posts .. we have Polaris .. On the right we have Raine .. with 244 posts .. ding ding .. round 1.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have an e8000 bike anymore and the only iPad I have is in the first aid kit. There are some apples in the kitchen, but throwing them at the Kenevo isn't going to come up with the solutions anyone needs.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Merd !!! I don't think the e-tube downgrade works on an ipad or iphone. Most people resort to buying the cheapest possible android phone/tablet to get around that ..

I know you did say "app store" at the start, but in my mind I didn't differentiate the difference... doh.

However, vadll does say it's possible with iOS in December :

But the thread dries up on how to do it (like where to copy the files etc) :) So not sure if that's accurate or if vadll just had a moment and didn't notice the ios part of the question....

OK .. we're working on the fly here ... raine says he did it with his iphone in october ..

Just reading back now and the link I gave you to the emax pdf and the one from Raine both link to techniques which require the PCE/windows interface - so that wasn't very helpful was it ! :)

I can't actually find anywhere with step by step instructions on how to downgrade the firmware using eTube on iOS. It looks like you could download the files from emax, but I'm not sure if they're the right ones as they appear to be the ones for use with Windows.

@raine .. He's not wrong, this isn't actually conveniently documented anywhere. Or at least not anywhere either of us can find it. In the interest of anyone who wants to do it, is it worth you two doing kissy kissy make up, or at least agree to be frustrated with each other like a married couple and making a new thread "How to downgrade E8000 firmware using IOS - for Muppets" .. Yes, I'll let you use my copywrited muppet tag .. :)

Rocking in on the left with 245 Posts .. we have Polaris .. On the right we have Raine .. with 244 posts .. ding ding .. round 1.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have an e8000 bike anymore and the only iPad I have is in the first aid kit. There are some apples in the kitchen, but throwing them at the Kenevo isn't going to come up with the solutions anyone needs.
Exactly what I had found, some folk had said that they had managed to downgrade just with an app but nowhere is this process documented. I saw that emax instruction a while ago but dismissed it due to PCE1 reference and PC software. If there is a way to downgrade just via iOS + E-TUBE or Stunlocker then a step by step process would be much appreciated. love hugs and make up kisses x

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I don't think the e-tube downgrade works on an ipad or iphone.

It does. I use my 2019 iPhone 11 Pro to change firmware these days. I've previously also used a 2018 iPad Wifi, an 2015 iPhone 6s, as well as an Android 2019 Amazon Fire 7 tablet and 2013 Nexus 7 tablet - all successfully (albeit each device did the job at different speeds, with my iPhone 11 Pro obviously being the fastest). (y)

Just reading back now and the link I gave you to the emax pdf and the one from Raine both link to techniques which require the PCE/windows interface - so that wasn't very helpful was it !

Actually both of our links are helpful, because the only thing you really needed from those links was the downgraded firmware files accessible from within those links :unsure:

No, because the information is all there. The files are all there. What sucks is when people go on the Internet, ask a question (that's been asked 923840823043 times), don't get a direct immediate answer, then get all bratty and combative about it because they didn't get what they wanted up front. :rolleyes:

And what's worse are those entitled few who get amusingly hostile the moment someone tells them to do some work to solve their problem.... then regresses to "oh you're supposed to be helpful" or does the sympathy plea "oh this is supposed to be a friendly place where everyone will hold my hand and guide me step by step because the reality is that I'm too lazy or too busy blah blah to bother trying to find the solution myself" LOL :LOL:

I can't actually find anywhere with step by step instructions on how to downgrade the firmware using eTube on iOS.

Oh... but there are step-by-step instructions for iOS/Android: :p
ssdg.jpg

In the interest of anyone who wants to do it, is it worth you two doing kissy kissy make up, or at least agree to be frustrated with each other like a married couple and making a new thread "How to downgrade E8000 firmware using IOS - for Muppets" .. Yes, I'll let you use my copywrited muppet tag .. :)

LOL if only more "muppets" were as civil as you @Zimmerframe, if only. :LOL::cool::coffee:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It does. I use my 2019 iPhone 11 Pro to change firmware these days. I've previously also used a 2018 iPad Wifi, an 2015 iPhone 6s, as well as an Android 2019 Amazon Fire 7 tablet and 2013 Nexus 7 tablet - all successfully (albeit each device did the job at different speeds, with my iPhone 11 Pro obviously being the fastest). (y)

Actually both of our links are helpful, because the only thing you really needed from those links was the downgraded firmware files accessible from within those links :unsure:

No, because the information is all there. The files are all there. What sucks is when people go on the Internet, ask a question (that's been asked 923840823043 times), don't get a direct immediate answer, then get all bratty and combative about it because they didn't get what they wanted up front. :rolleyes:

And what's worse are those entitled few who get amusingly hostile the moment someone tells them to do some work to solve their problem.... then regresses to "oh you're supposed to be helpful" or does the sympathy plea "oh this is supposed to be a friendly place where everyone will hold my hand and guide me step by step because the reality is that I'm too lazy or too busy blah blah to bother trying to find the solution myself" LOL :LOL:

Oh... but there are step-by-step instructions for iOS/Android: :p
View attachment 24373

LOL if only more "muppets" were as civil as you @Zimmerframe, if only. :LOL::cool::coffee:

I'm a life long professional Muppet .. it comes easy for me ... :)

Ok, I've just had another look about and checked all the PDF's from emax and shimano and downloaded the Zips.

I can't find what you have anywhere ??

ssdg-jpg.24373

Nothing with a complete filesystem with all the firmwares and a pdf downgrade guide ??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If it's anything like the android version, you need to connect to a bike first so it knows the serial number of the bike you're buying a licence for. Then the buy a licence option appears in the menu.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Yes done that but no option to buy a licence
Dont ask the same question too many times bud, you'll probably get shouted at and be branded a useless donkey. o_O

To be fair at least I got further than you lol, the license part did just jump out as soon as i'd paired with the bike and was an option in the main menu. If your struggling still just delete the app and re-install (y)

edit: sorry I just read that you refering to emaxmobile.. I'm running stunlocker for IOS which may be different

Gallijam

Jan 22, 2020
East Midlands
Dont ask the same question too many times bud, you'll probably get shouted at and be branded a useless donkey. o_O

To be fair at least I got further than you lol, the license part did just jump out as soon as i'd paired with the bike and was an option in the main menu. If your struggling still just delete the app and re-install (y)

edit: sorry I just read that you refering to emaxmobile.. I'm running stunlocker for IOS which may be different
Now we know why they called you a useless donkey ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles